Feedback and suggestions/request about Rash

KI is miscellany in theme, the only rule is to cross reference characters with real-world elements.

Since it was stated in the OP that this would only apply to guest characters, your question is off-topic.

Here’s a couple times in this thread (not counting the OP) where your question has been addressed.

and

The whole point of this idea is to allow the really OCD players to keep the game tidy. Some of us carefully squeeze their toothpaste from the back of the tube, wash their whites and colors seperately, eat in one part of the house, crap in a different part of the house, like to keep their ‘Pokemon’ cartoons separate from their ‘Attack on Titan’ cartoons and want to keep their Battletoads separate from their Jagos.
You’re going to drive yourself insane if this opinion angers you.
I can’t say it better than this fellow from earlier in the thread:

Nevertheless, here he is. Those of us who share this opinion of him are simply saying “Can we please not see him? No? We have to play against him? Sigh Okay
”

1 Like

So what you are saying is basically break the lore to make it fit which as I already stated in the previous post:

And now you are saying that perhaps they were indirectly created by Ultratech with toxic runoff from their factories where they create the Fulgore machines going into some swamp, mutating them, then sending them to another dimension and now have returned??? You are now also breaking the Battletoad lore for it to fit KI

What proof do you have that I’m breaking anything? Where has it ever been said that the battletoads aren’t products of radiation runoff from a Fulgore factory?

Once again you resort to extremes that don’t make any sense to the topic at hand. What does it matter that Sadira was crated for KI? I still don’t threshing she fits. Therefore I reject her from the rich, thrilling stories behind KI. She doesn’t fit and I don’t want to have to see her, fight her, or deal with her in any way. No difference than you not wanting to deal with Rash.

I personally DO NOT like Rash or any guest that is in his category. I played him a few times, the kids liked him. But honestly I just don’t care for that style of character. This is why I don’t play Street Fighter, or Blaze Blue, or any other FG’s besides MK X.

I would rather the time been spent on Joanna Dark if there absolutely has to be a guest from Rare.

Now if they made Rash more like say Riptor
I would be ok with that i guess. BUt I will never use him and I am not interested in following his story, ect.
Kind of like Kung Jin or Jackie briggs in MKX
Its as if they arent even there in my eyes.

There was no fulgore factory in the Battletoads lore, once again you are trying to put pieces of a puzzle that doesn’t exist together.

Origin stories bro. Origin stories. Where was it ever stated that the battletoads weren’t created by ultra tech and then thrown in a portal? Find me that and I’ll find another way to put them in the universe. It’s not hard.

If that’s what this thread is about, then why am I not asking to be allowed to ignore TJ Combo?
You’re raging against an argument that nobody is making.
I’ve carefully explained ad nauseam what’s being proposed.

1 Like

I’m not “raging” against anything. All I’m saying is that if you can avoid Rash, a character that you don’t think fits KI, then I should be able to avoid Sadira, a character I don’t think fits KI. Their point of origin doesn’t matter. What matters is the fact that if you get what you want in this situation, then I should too.

The difference is that your proposal appears to be based on opinion.
My proposal is based on guest characters which, by definition, are not part of the KI world.
The difference may seem subtle, but it’s an important distinction.

1 Like

Refer to my other discussion with Kixmix on that point. What proof do you have that Battletoads and KI aren’t in the same universe? What if the origin of the Battletoads is radiation runoff from a Fulgore factory, and UltraTech threw them in a portal? When Kan-Ra opened the portal that Gargos is coming through, Rash’s portal opened too.

If that were the case, they wouldn’t be calling him a guest character.

1 Like

They have to say that in press releases. That doesn’t prove anything

Excellent reply gotta say!

No they don’t because it is common knowledge that Battletoads is something else just like Killer Instinct is something else. If the game was called Rare vs. Capcom then with all do respects Rash becomes very relevant in that game.

This is what I’m afraid of with the inclusion of Rash because it is now easy to go off track. The same problem that plagued KI2 in which IG do not want to do is the Time Travel shtick and using the excuse “just because Time Travel”. Well now that is the same trap because with the Portals and the inclusion of Rash, we can just put anyone and everyone in this game why? “Just because Portals man”. This is the slippery slope that was well avoided in Season 1 and 2 and makes me uneasy now with Rash’s introduction to KI, now Gabriel Belmont and My Little Pony, and Samus Aran, Mickey Mouse are all viable characters

It’s only “common knowledge” because it hasn’t been thought of that they might be related. There is no proof that they aren’t in the same universe. It has only been stated that Rash from Battletoads is in KI, not that the two are completely unrelated and different universes.

Phone up the Stamper brothers, do you honestly think they will say yea products of Ultratech? Especially since they didn’t even conceive Killer Instinct at that point. It’s like saying Link, Samus Aran and Mario are in the same Universe

Why can’t they be in the same universe? Different time periods/parts of the galaxy/alternate timelines. What’s wrong with that?