I was at the Saucey Suite where Eyedol was revealed. While he’s quite massive in terms of girth, he also has pretty terrible posture, and doesn’t stand as tall as some of the art might have you believe. I didn’t see Gargos and Eyedol standing toe to toe, but it looked to me as if Gargos might stand taller than Eyedol in a match, even if he has a slimmer build overall. I could be wrong on that account of course, but that’s how that appeared to me.
I don’t think so. Per Keits (who is super cool by the way), Eyedol is actually two very simple characters who are smashed together in an interesting way. The gameplan with each body is apparently very straightforward, and the complexity of playing him largely revolves around the player navigating the random switching mechanic to get and stay at the appropriate ranges for each. Gargos is pretty technical if you want to play him at high level, and his mechanics require a decent amount of precision of you want to really capitalize on all his different options.
Funny how nobody complained about how the majority of the cast is too small! We need to stop all of this body shaming! I don’t care what Tyler Durden said! We are all unique and beautiful snowflakes!
Well freaking said. As the roster increases in size, it’s only a matter of time before you have multiple sizes of characters. Eyedol is a big behemoth, but he’s not big in the same way that Aganos, a big pile of stones, is big, or tall and regal the way Gargos is, or a hulking barbarian the way Tusk is. He’s his own guy, just as they are as well.
Kim and Hisako may share similar stature, but they play nothing alike and have virtually nothing in common from the way they move to the way they fight. I don’t think that height, in and of itself is some sort of a problem in terms of variety. That’d be like saying there are two many women or too many rushdown characters.
Again, with this many characters, you’ll start to have a few similarities here and there, but if the way they move, act and play is still completely unique, then honestly… What’s the big deal?
Okay how’s this!
Gargos running out of stamina and energy and unable to fly due to the damage of his wings opens a portal on both sides of eyedol and uses the rest of his energy to rip him in half.
Gotta admit I’m not a huge fan of how many giant monsters there are now. Season 1 and 2 had one monster.. Aganos. 4 in Season 3. Granted all 4 are pre-establiished characters so the size is kind of out of IG’s hands, but still. Eyedol at least looks like he moves pretty fast and slouches so he doesn’t look as ridiculous as say General RAAM who I think is the biggest.
Just funny when I remember how amazed we all were at Aganos’ size, now there are basically 5 that size.
I don’t think it’s fair to have one person be the “big guy.” What if someone enjoys big characters, but Aganos didn’t click with that player? Although I understand why people are upset with this, I think it’s nice that fans of heavies have more variety. I’m actually really glad we got all these big characters. Hopefully next season can lean a bit toward the normal size, and have maybe two big guys.
I don’ think Eyedol is all that much taller than Gargos, that image is misleading. Gargos is nearly horizontal lunging forward and Eyedol is practically at a standing run. Eyedol has bad posture and stands fairly low to the ground in comparison to his height.
Aganos is the only character in the game that makes the entire Screen and Stage Shake when he walks. The other guys may be tall, but Aganos is definitely the biggest character in this game still. Arbiter is gracile even compared to Gargos. He just looks big cuz he’s a 7ft armored Lizard-Knight.
Raam is Imposing AF but you can tell the guy lore wise cant take Aganos’ s power. Aganos moves like a big huge entity with Earth Quakes, Crashing Walls, Knocking you full screen with one punch, and Smashing the Earth to Rain back onto you. The other guys maybe big but only Aganos, Tusk, and Eyedol show true Gargantuan might in their gameplay.
P.S. Tusk is like .5% bigger than Thunder but he shows way more Strength and his muscles are big everywhere so he seems really Mighty but he’s not a Big Character.
I wish the game had an option to toggle off zoom-out when you’re fighting bigger characters as regular-sized ones, at least locally. I’d really like to feel the actual scale of these guys when fighting them.
Or at the very least, make the game do the camera zoom-out when the round starts (READY!) … let us feel they’re imposing.
As things are now, Aganos, Arbiter, Gargos and Eyedol don’t really look bigger… the other characters look like they shrunk.
Ever since Aganos showed how the camera could be expanded upon due to his size, I fully expected the same to happen with Gargos and Eyedol. If it didn’t, I would have actually considered them failures as a design.
They’re evil gods that just want to destroy and take over the world, and they portray that in their design by making them look like big monsters and demons. Not to mention that they’re the bosses of the game.
And I respect that they took this into account with the guest characters to keep their heights accurate. I don’t think it would be right to make Arbiter around Thunder’s size when in reality, that’s actually around Master Chief’s height who is a whole foot shorter than Arbiter, but I think I would have accepted that had it not have been for the Aganos rule.