Eyedol with one or two heads? (Poll)

Jago’s hair is goofy, it’s literally weird anime hair with a high fade… wtf?! Imagine if subzero fought while sporting a rainbow colored mohawk, it’s wacky as heck. O_o

+1 completely agree with you. Very good points too.

Those are some of my favorite eyedol designs. I see little to nothing goofy about those.

Honestly, I can’t tell if adam is trolling us or if he’s actually serious because his arguments about eyedol being goofy seem like excuses. I’m very sure that eyedol is currently being worked on and is in the early-mid stages of development.

Just in case you’re being sincere, then just bring back eyedol with one head. I know many people will be disappointed but hey, it wouldn’t be the first time.

Hey… To be honestly, I feel like this thread become pointless because Adam won’t agree with us about Eyedol’s two heads and his design… If my comments is rude, I’m sorry… : (

My guess is either A: They left out Eyedol from season 3 and he’s trying to give a vague deflection as to why he wasn’t added, or B: He’s in, they knocked it out of the park, but he’s halfheartedly trying to steer everybody in the wrong direction (or should I say let everybody steer themselves in the wrong direction) because it’d take all the fun away from the last character(s) if he went ahead and did anything close to a confirmation.

Not trying to put words in the devs’ mouths or whatever…just stating things how I see them. Whatever the case the last character (s) have already been decided for S3. I just hope Eyedol is in it, and he doesn’t look too far removed for the original…no more than any other legacy character anyway.

4 Likes

I would so go for those being new & retro Eyedol exactly how they are

I’m thinking either Eyedol is different or not on the roster at all… But Adam could just be using negative post to gauge interest in Eyedol inclusion.

Though personally I can’t help but think that Aganos is/was intended to replace Eyedol

IMO, wings on a humanoid body are goofier than two heads. There has been a lot of fan art that shows that a darker, more demonic look for Eyedol that I think looks great. I think if they really focused on a more demonic and gross appearence for Eyedol, he would fit in perfectly with the rest of the cast. If IG can make Gargos look good, I know they can make a great Eyedol.

1 Like

On a side note: Instead of 2-headed monster, try searching 2-headed demon. The results are a bit more Eyedol-ish and a lot less Sesame Street.

…that being said, doing a search for anything “monster” is likely to come up with a lot of goofy stuff, because the term “monster” has been co-opted by a lot of various children’s entertainment such as Seasme Street and Monsters Inc and are protrayed as, you guessed it, goofy.

3 Likes

His argument that two-headed monsters are associated with goofiness just doesn’t make sense. Who cares what peoples’ expectations are about a character design if you simply said “we are making a two-headed monster”? It doesn’t matter what comes to mind for people; all that matters is what you actually make of it because people will SEE it before they hear about it. Even in those search pages there was some pretty interesting and scary stuff that wasn’t buried too far down:

There’s no goofiness there, so what gives? There has yet to be a sensible explanation as to why some polished up Frankenstein-esque monster with two heads, in the same vein as things like the above pics, would not be a reasonable way to make Eyedol in KI.

And the argument about Rash being a guest character giving him an excuse? Please. I’m sure many Eyedol fans would be fine if you just threw him in the game and said he’s a guest character, making a guest appearance from the first KI, and then simply didn’t integrate him into the story. I’m sure many of us would take Eyedol as a guest character over Rash. And many of us would love to have Eyedol even if it meant he didn’t have a part in the story.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.

5 Likes

[quote=“IAMDaaahhhggg, post:59, topic:9563”]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii257/Chilly_bo_bo/Mobile%20Uploads/Justin.png
look pretty fine to me
[/quote]
Nothing goofy about that one to me.

6 Likes

Sigh… link don’t work.

ITT: terrible people insult and patronize the devs in to giving them what they want.

They disagree with Adam, and they have right to say so. :wink:

3 Likes

They got the “I disagree with Adam” part out there long ago, I’m sure it’s been duly noted. This is something else.

I hope what I’ve been posting doesn’t come across as insulting. If it has, it was not my intent. I’m really just wanting to keep the channels open, maybe throw a few ideas out there that might help the devs look at what they see as big goofy obstacles from a different perspective.

It’s more things like “they’re just being lazy” and the like, which is a pretty obnoxious thing to say to a game developer in general, let alone to the devs working on KI.

2 Likes

There are some “hardcore fans” of Eyedol around here. I love Eyedol, most expected character for me since KI announcement.

The problem here it’s the lack of confirmation. We don’t know if he has made it. The difference with, lets say, Tusk or Kim, its that both of them were confirmed, and even s3 wasn’t confirmed. Gargos wasn’t confirmed, but was heavily hinted. What we know about Eyedol its “some of the devs dont like him”, “its hard to avoid goofyness”, etc…

For people who love Eyedol as he was, like me, its hard to slallow a “he doesn’t fit/we dont like him”, because we ALREADY like him. I don’t support the “lazy” argument, I do belive devs can and somewat “want” to make him.

I don’t know what to expect. The lack of info, the info we have (he is not liked among some devs), the remaining roster… points to a no
But the imagination, good design of other chars, absent of sillouettes… points me to a maybe

Gargos was a gargoyle. Now he looks like a demon. I can expect something similar in Eyedol. I have faith on you @developers. You made me very happy with this franchise. I really hope to be totally happy having my fav KI char back

5 Likes