Eyedol MU: Scublord Report

Despite the nerfs, Sadira still has one of the scariest Instincts in the game. You just have to know how to use it. :smiley:

I certainly never did, and still don’t.

Well it’s only really good at up close. From a range it really only serves to block one hit weak fireballs.

Her Instinct is best used up close by pressuring players into getting trapped. Players that drop webs at a distance aren’t using her Instinct right.

Well at a distance when it’s created dropping on a web to stuff a fireball isn’t so bad.

A neutral jump can avoid any and all fire balls. :wink:

In terms of defense, you want to drop a web in front of you when you are being pressured.

Well of course a jump clears most fireballs. But there are moments at a distance where a web>jumping to stop fireballs. Or stop hasty retaliation.

The only time I’ve ever used a web to dodge a “fireball” attack is setting one on a scarab so that it would allow me to get in on Kan Ra. Sadira just has way too many good options to manuever around projectiles than to waste them on fire ball walls.

Her double jump combined with web cling can swing her around almost any projectile.

For myself, and anybody can see via my gameplay, I don’t pop Instinct until I’m in combo and then I use webs for mix ups until Instinct runs out. In the past, when they actually did damage, I would take an entire life bar. I can still turn a match around, but it certainly isn’t as crazy as it used to be.

A vast majority of sadira players only pop instinct mid combo.

Popping Sadira’s instinct at a distance, or sitting on it at a distance to avoid fireballs, is a waste of Sadira’s instinct, full stop. No one should ever do either, and if you do then you deserve to lose. She has plenty of other ways to avoid projectile pressure. You don’t always have to activate it mid-combo (defensely is also a good idea!), but you definitely shouldn’t be activating at any significant distance.

4 Likes

Agreed Storm. I can always tell a newer Sadira player from a vet by when and where they activate Instinct. Many newer Sadiras will activate Instinct at a distance and thus waste all of those precious webs. For me I will only activate Instinct in three places. A. During a combo. B. On top of a hard knock downed character. C. When an opponent is charging me.

Activating it any where else is a waste of web.

As you already mentioned Sadira has numerous ways to avoid projectile attacks. Double jump being the most effective. Web Cling can change your trajectory and allow you to jump over them. Here’s a great fight and an epic comeback showing me using Sadira’s different mechanics to get around projectiles
 Kan Ra projectiles at that.

Also Shadow Demon blade is projectile invulnerable so if you have meter you should use it.

1 Like

Well, chalk it up to 1 more thing I was doing wrong with her
 SIGH

Just out of curiosity, why were you using her instinct that way? She can’t do anything with her instinct if she isn’t on top of you, so what was the thought process behind you using it in that manner?

Mostly for defensive “keep-away” purposes, much like Kan-Ra’s sand-swarms; that and I can never seem to actually place them where I want them to go up close.

Ok. Well, I guess I’d just encourage you to try and be a bit more thoughtful about how you approach a given character’s toolset. Try to think about things in terms of what you’re supposed to “get” off of any particular move or action.

While webs can be used as a sort of poor man’s scarab, Sadira’s offensive options are wildly different from Kan’s, so that probably isn’t the character you want to model in this instance. She’s not going to be command grabbing or poking the opponent from beyond her ersatz scarab, so what purpose does building a “wall” really serve? An opponent generally isn’t going to want anything to do with Sadira in instinct, so he’s probably not going in, and if you have to cross your own wall to apply pressure (which you do), now you’re just making it so that you don’t have any webs available to make yourself safe as you apply that pressure.

You want to approach your individual actions with a character in the context of their overall gameplan and the tools that define it. As it relates to Sadira, that means using instinct as a tool to lock someone in place and force them to take your mixups. She’s got other ways to keep space and avoid midrange pressure options - you don’t want to spend your most valuable resource on something she already does really well.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that I haven’t really played her since S1 and she’s my absolute least favorite character, so while I appreciate the advice, it probably won’t change much in this particular instance, especially since there’s so much more that I can’t do with her very effectively (in-air combos, juggles, jump-cancels, etc.). Her play-style just does NOT mesh well with me - we are not compatible.

Besides, isn’t this thread supposed to be about Eyedol? Give me advice about him! I like him (despite how ugly the brute is)!

Oh, wait, Sadira sub-forum
 NM.

Haha. Fair enough, but I was trying to speak more generally about just trying to go a bit deeper into your your chosen character’s tools and how they fit. Particularly this part (yep, I’m about to quote myself :disappointed_relieved:):

This will help you with any character you choose to play. Including Aganos.

On the other stuff
Eyedol is a terrible character, and liking him makes you a bad person. Kappa

Have you seen my post in the Aganos sub-forum? I suppose you haven’t because you’re suggesting I do something that I’ve already done.

I had not. Good stuff :thumbsup:

Is there a way to escape from this set-up?

Edit: starts at 1:44

@TheKeits