##No

11 Likes

LOL
 AWESOME!

Yo heard it from the MAN folkes! NO!!!

Best damn character made in the series
 no changes needed!

Everything is canon, folks.

Eyedol did have 2 heads once, and he was killed by Orchid, which opened up a rift in the space-time continuum and allowed Gargos back into our world. Once our heroes destroyed Gargos in the past, however, another rift ensued and everyone was thrown back even further into an even more distant past. However, this caused Eyedol’s heads to fuse together, since they were overlapping due to a time-shift bug. This in turn confused and angered Gargos, who took Tusk’s sword and split his arch-rival’s head in two, as he could no longer recognize his enemy. By that time, Kan-Ra tripped on a rock and accidentally opened another portal which not only brought everyone back into the present but also erased their memories. And so KI began anew

1 Like

That’s pretty funny actually. Even if it’s not true.

I know what happened in KI1 is no longer canon in this KI I was just reminding him of the facts of those games. What I love about this KI is that gargos was the winner in their battle(as of yet by unknown means) it sounds a hell of a lot better than him being finished off while weakened.

“He looks like Shrek” lol
 Eyedol was never pretty, as far as I can remember :stuck_out_tongue:

By whose standards?

Ikr!

M8, I couldn’t care less if a character I like got a look that had nothing to do with him, if I got a classic costume that was basically as accurate as it could have been and looked great.

And I’m not even joking!

Also, you might have a point complaining if the character actually looked bad (AI bad graphics, bad animation, looked simply bad). But he doesn’t. He actually looks really good, animates really good and is very consistent with the remaining cast. You simply don’t appreciate the new design. You don’t like it. Many like it, many actually prefer it over the original look.

@WrathOfFulgore no, I disagree. Actually, a velociraptor that’s been genetically and mechanically enhanced is just as different from a humanoid-snake-monster as an ogre-ish demon is from a 2-headed cyclops. It’s a reimagining of the character, that changes his nature at its core, but keeps the raw concept of his character more or less accurate. Eyedol is still a monstrous creature with two separately functioning halves of his consciousness that fights with a mace, just as much as Riptor is still a hybrid monster that spits fire.

I thought he was suppose to be an ogre or a cyclops the entire time, or at least some kind of monster. I honestly thought that giving him a gut emphasized that monster part of him well and I liked it.

As for Orchid killing Eyedol, that didn’t happen here. As a matter of fact, I’m not even sure if Eyedol was even in the tournament. All we know right now is that instead of Orchid, Gargos killed him by cutting his head in half. Yes that means that instead of him having 2 heads, he has 2 halves of a head blah blah blah. I thought it was an interesting take on the whole 2 head thing. And you already know there’s a Retro so yeah.

Oh and btw, harder boss does not always mean stronger character. Just throwing that out there.

Going from this:

to this:

Isn’t nearly as extreme as going from this:

to this:

I disagree. A snake’s head in a humanoid body is just as different from a velociraptor with a mechanical tale as a two-headed cyclops from an ogre with two halves of his head functioning separately. Just as different as in saying they’re both radically not the same type of creature at all.

But maybe that’s just me, who knows?

Did you put his heads together yourself or did you find this picture elsewhere?

Its from the in-game concept art

1 Like

Yes it is true that Eyedol was much harder than gargos (I’m among the many who experienced the Eyedol fight first hand)

Though it snot so much a matter a gameplay when it comes to character power levels but rather the story. Gargos and Eyedol, I believe are in fact equals. Bur Gargos pulled a fast one on him which had Eyedol in the stae he was before Kan-Ra revived him and karma had to reminded him again.

I[quote=“Skryba, post:49, topic:12930”]
no, I disagree. Actually, a velociraptor that’s been genetically and mechanically enhanced is just as different from a humanoid-snake-monster
[/quote]
Techniqually Riptor was actually a mix of Dinosaur, human and sake (I think) but I do appreciate both costumes. Iand I do welcome the chnage sthey made. I also expected Riptor to be like that to.[quote=“Skryba, post:49, topic:12930”]
It’s a reimagining of the character, that changes his nature at its core, but keeps the raw concept of his character more or less accurate. Eyedol is still a monstrous creature with two separately functioning halves of his consciousness that fights with a mace, just as much as Riptor is still a hybrid monster that spits fire.
[/quote]

Riptor is a fire spitting dinosaur with human genes in her body.

@FlusherWord5792 and @FengShuiEnergy

Actually I don’t think Orcid would beat Eyedol so easily, though she was successful in defeating him.

That’s actually the same as what I said, if you check x’D

As a Riptor fan, I expected her design to have a major change. after seeing other charcters get a change, I saw this coming a mile away.

Not to mention you had the they had to find a way to imagine eyedol.

But you’re missing the point. Going from fire breathing dinosaur/human hybrid to fire breathing dinosaur/human hybrid is not the same as going from 2-headed monster to single-headed monster with a severe head injury. Re-imaginings be damned, you don’t split an orange & say it’s 2 oranges now. They changed one of the key things that made Eyedol what he was.

But now if you ask my opinion of if I like the new Eyedol
yeah he’s pretty cool, & I’m fine with it. But he’s not a true 2-headed monster. He wasn’t born a 2-headed monster, his mommy & daddy weren’t 2-headed monsters. His zombie kids won’t be 2-headed monsters. He’s a single-headed ogre-ish Shadow Lord with a severe deformity. And that fundamentally changed him for the original Eyedol.

I do get the point, but the point you originally made was that eyedol was no longer the same species, and you even used riptor as an example to further your point. I pointed out that riptor is not the same species at all either, so she’s in the same boat as eyedol.

Ritpor went from a snake/human hybrid that spits fire to a raptor with human intelligence and mechanical enhancements that also spits fire. They are 2 completely different kinds of monsters, even if they fight similarly and are both hybrids at their core.

As for the two heads vs split head, it really depends on how you see it, IMO. Eyedol still retains the unique property of having 2 different patterns of brain activity, he thinks and acts differently in each of his halves (hence the change from aggressive brute to thoughtful warlock), he even still treats his other half as a separate consciousness somewhat (hence the punching to wake it up). IMO that isn’t just from having his head split in half. Even each half of his face has different physical traits, one has fangs like a troll, the other doesn’t, the horns are different, the eye color is different. The way I interpret this, he always had a split personality, even if he only had one head.

So, in my point of view, even if his kind changed from a 2 headed cyclops with faun legs into a troll demon, he kept as much of his original nature as riptor did.

Riptor wasn’t just a snake/human hybrid. She also had the traits of a raptor in the original KI to. Thats were the claws come in.

and now they mad eher into a a human/raptor hybrid with cybernetic augmentation.

Personally, I welcome the new Eyedol and they got his classic retro down nicely. Heck the bone rigging (which was responsible for a lot of why a lot of the retros look the way they do) didn’t go so far as to influence how the retro eyedol looks. Obviousley for gameplay reasons the eyes had to change purple for one of the heads but other than that, it’s mostly accurate. The it has most accuracy among the season 3 designs like how cinders has with his retro, and Spinals for Season 1 (shield has changed but it still accurate)