Eyedol breakdown stream?

if you haven’t seen it live, the replay is just as good except for the real-time interaction with people. I just finished watching the breakdown, don’t think I missed much by being a little late.

Back on topic, this character is crazy. I was all for a S4 after this, but where do you go from here? Two characters in one, both being brutal in their own respects, then combining both in Instinct which he can give himself! I’m terrified of his Mage body right now, it looks really brutal. Might need to watch the walkthrough a couple more times to see what the key parts of his style are. I like the random aspect of the stances, to make the individual bodies so amazing it had to be an added drawback and it works, but how random they are may need to be outlined some more.
I think I can safely say he pushes Raam down to 3rd in my I-really-really-absolutely-must-play characters of this season, just behind Rash.

2 Likes

This character is insane and I absolutely love it. Stance characters are great, and they did a great job of separating the two while making it a much needed drawback given how strong each body seems to be.

There’s so much here that I like, I honestly don’t even know where to begin…

-His story, and why he is the way he is style-wise.

-Actually hurting yourself to switch stances.

-Random stance switches.

-Stomping for instinct meter regain while in instinct.

-The stance cross over moves in instinct.

-His triple hitting command normal in rush down stance, even if it makes Wulf’s ragged edge special seem a little lesser somehow.

-Love just how different each stance is, from dashing and throw animations all the way to special moves.

-Buffing one stance from the other is an ingenious way to incentivize players to use both.

-Recapturing f-MP and all the stuff you can seemingly do with that in rush down.

-Having a DP in rush down that can ground bounce and recapture in certain versions.

-Running in rush down.

-All his specials in rush down including his command throw.

-b-MP command normal in zoning. That’s some distance!

-Launcher ender in zoning plus shadow version looks great too.

-Lightning cage, lightning projectile and anti air.

-Full screen tesla shadow version.

-Meteors! Love the stagger and ground bounce on these plus total Armageddon.

-Teleporting cage move to charge rush down side.

-How insane he is in instinct with combined moves and double shadows. Really gives you a sense of how powerful he was as a complete entity

I’m trying to find the Eyedol stuff in the Saucey Suite archive on Twitch, but there’s two different 2+ hour videos. Can anyone give me an idea of where to look?

EDIT: Nevermind. It’s at the beginning of the first archive, which makes sense.

Not at all a fan of the randomness element, but other than that, pretty pleased.

Having watched the breakdown stream I have to say I’m really impressed. It’s almost like Gargos and Eyedol are from a different game than the rest of the characters, which makes some sort of sense. I think he looks really good.

I would like to know if Eyedol will have a role in Shadow Lords beyond just being a playable character. His moves seem like they could really be abused by AI and make for the kind of boss level challenge that people are looking for in Shadow Lords.