Eternal Champions

You are correct my freind The Eternal Champion is also the Entity of Good while His brother Represents Evil.

1 Like

Now if I understand, both the Eternal Champion and the Dark Champion are also twins/twin brothers, am I correct?

Yes they are, but not identical

1 Like

They both make up the balance int he EC universe.

2 Likes

Wow, that intro was far better then it had any right to be. FMV sequences usually looked terrible on Sega CD, but that cut scene looked better than a good amount of cut scenes that I recall from PSone.

Anyways, Eternal Champions is one of those few games that has a special place in my heart. I just remember playing it as a kid and loving the variety of cool characters and the cool premise. My main was Xavier, though I also liked Larcen and Shadow.

I remember stumbling upon new moves and trying to figure out how I did them. It was one of the first fighting games that I ever played and along with Mortal Kombat, really got me in to the genre.

So yeah, this game definitely needs to be rebooted.

I’d love to see Sega bring this back or, perhaps MS fronts them and helps make it happen in exchange for exclusivity. Only thing I’d really change aside from updating the characters a bit design-wise (and updating the graphics obviously) would be ditching the special move meter completely. Always hated that mechanic.

Great game. Really deserves another chance.

Hmm…

If GG see this post. Then he will be exciting about this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting find.

1 Like

I’d be down for a spiritual successor. To be honest, done if those character designs were kinda 90’s anyways. The fighting system was fun, the plot was fun… I could see them taking the basic formula and applying modern design and aesthetic formulas and coming up with something pretty special.

Still kinda sucks that the producer can’t secure the IP. It’s not like Sega’s doing anything with it. It’d be nice if they could at least license it and maybe take a cut, but I guess they’d just rather let it rot with all of the rest of their awesome, criminally underutilized franchises. Sorry, that’s another conversation for another day.

If this spiritual successor somehow manages to come together, count me in. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very neat and cool find too :grin:

Im down for this!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Is this true or was it an early April fools joke?

Nope. It is real. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hopfully it doe shappen then.

3 Likes
7 Likes

It really has my attention now.

1 Like

AWESOME!! Trident Confirmed first!

4 Likes

This game better work out.

4 Likes

Not to mention also that atlantis confirmed first stage!

1 Like

How about evil fighters from different times too? Those who are conquerors? Killers? Even the self ambitious men & women in history?

Just to balance the alignments.

1 Like

Hey guys thanks for the interest in our project. we need all the feedback and support we can get. Being an active KI player myself nice to know the community also likes EC.

follow us on our facebook group Eternal Successors for updates

-Adam Starcaster

5 Likes