Eternal Champions

Hopfully thes eimages are legit to.

2 Likes

I just hope this Eternal Successors goes by Killer Instinct’s path.

I don’t want too much blood.

2 Likes

Well I think well see alot more blood especially from the overkills. The fighting games at the top of my head ar eknown for the following.

Mortal kombat: Ninjas a gruesome fatalities
Primal Rage: Dinosaurs and Prehistoric beasts as gods killing eachother for the fate of the earth
Killer Instinct: COMBOS, CCCCCC Conbo Breakers, and ULTRAAAAAAA!!!

Those three I know of for sure.

1 Like

Do you think they’ll remake the music like KI did with Mick Gordon & Celldweller?

I guess Eternal Champions will be another Mortal Kombat then.

Plus what new characters do you picture being brought out? That includes remaking some of the characters?

1 Like

Hello. I’m looking forward to see Eternal Successors’s gameplay and it look cool! I never play EC in my life. But I will keep support you. :slight_smile:

I’ve never played EC but I’ve heard of it a few years ago and a remake would be really neat. You have my support. :thumbsup:

Nice just hoping there is a cyborg like Rax.

1 Like

I think the nine characters in the first game are essential to EC.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to your Facebook page?

We’ve seen many characters from different times - past, present & future

• Slash (caveman)
  • Ramses III (pharaoh)
  • Trident (gladiator & Atlantean)
  • Xavier (warlock & alchemist)
  • Riptide (pirate)
  • Raven (voodoo priestess/healer)
  • Dawson (cowboy)
  • Jetta (circus performer & Russian soldier)
  • Larcen (gangster & ex-cat burglar)
  • Midknight (vampire)
  • Shadow (ninja assassin)
  • Jonathan Blade (bounty hunter)
  • RAX (cyborg fighter)

I hope for more new characters

• Fighter from the present
  • Indian/Native American/Native Canadian
  • Samurai
  • Knight
  • Scotsman/Scotswoman
  • Chinese Dynasty warrior
  • Werewolf
  • Musician (rockstar, popstar, hip hop star or rapper)
  • Korean
  • WWII soldier
  • Secret Agent
  • Fortune Teller
  • Air Pilot
  • Serial Killer/Criminal
  • Actor - Movie/TV Star (perhaps inspiration from Brandon Lee of The Crow?)
  • Hunter
  • Mercenary
  • Aztec/Incan/Mayan
3 Likes

The actual core gameplay of EC was never really violent as such, not like MK where a gallon of blood would spill from the opponent after the slightest nudge. EC’s violence came in the form of the overkills, very brutal gory stage finishers.

I think they should definitely keep that core aspect, throw in some new stages/characters and this could be a huge revival

1 Like

Indeed so, the over kills is where it really got nasty. But regardless, I this would make a great game if it does get revived. If it doe shappen it will definatly be on my list of games int he future.

Curious, but what would it take to get this guy as a guest character for the upcoming reboot?

(Chakan: The Forever Man)

Hear me out on this one

Chakan and Eternal Champions both share a gritty comic book artstyle, and both games were originally Genesis exclusives (minus Chakan’s Game Gear port). Heck, even his story could be a different take on the traditional “Eternal Champions” formula as it were.

Instead of a character trying to stop their unpredictable death, what if in Chakan’s case, his story has him trying to seek the Eternal Champion souly to have him remove his immortality? Say after you beat the game as him, the Eternal Champion sees the all the suffering Chakan has caused and witnessed throughout all of time itself, thereby finally rewarding him with the death he always urned for after defeating the godlike entity, and those who assumed he was just a random contestant of the tournament. Basically making him the only one who wasn’t chosen, but willingly wandered endlessly to find this so called champion, and to hopefully ease his centuries of pain, while those who challenge him shall feel his wrath.

Also I’d just like to mention Chakan kills the reaper, Death Itself during the very first cutscene of his own game.

And who would make a worthy rival for him in Eternal Successors you might ask.

Thanatos anyone?

Maybe the Rival Cutscene could be something along the lines of

Chakan: “You are not the only reaper I’ve slayed.”

Thanatos: “Fool, no mortal could ever destroy the essence of Death.”

Chakan: “I am no mere mortal, not anymore
”

I wouldn’t hold my breath about it, but if there had to be any type of guest in the game, the immortal wicker man with twin demon hunting swords definitely has my vote. (Aha
 Senator)

3 Likes

Interested, followed them on facebook to see where this is going.

I hope they can get the rights to the real thing, but not the biggest issue, if they can make similar characters.

I was never as big into eternal champions as street fighter or mortal kombat back in the day, but I mostly just really loved the type of characters and designs, same as with Killer Instinct. The characters just stood out and I always like myself a helping of the fantastical.

Game was horribly hard though if I remember correctly

If you played Eternal Champions who are your mains
Mine are: Rax Coswell, Jetta Maxx & Thanatos.

If any Larcen Tyler fans are you may like what i found on the Eternal Successors facebook group -

3 Likes

For those nostalgic of this game:

1 Like

okay it could be legit, but I’ll beleive it when I see it.

(If by some miracle that ‘Eternal Successors’ is still an on-going project, I’m telling you this wouldn’t be too out of place)

2 Likes

Yeah it’d be interesting to see if we do get one. I guess that Eternal Champions remake we saw was likely a fake. It’s been a couple years now.

Though here’s some screens from it. Though if it is true, then I’ll be hyped sense my favorite character from the series was already confirmed.

1 Like