Encouraging more players to train/upload their Shadows

That’s why people should keep updating their Shadows, so they improve and have better AI opponents in Shadow survival.

I have a shadow for nearly 2 months and has 0 matches so far.
I gave up updating it eventually.

2 Likes

It helps if you challenge other shadows. I have a ton of people challenge my shadow but mostly because I fight there’s and they get angry and want to beat mine.

That is the story for all of us. Shadows mode would have been really good if shadows could fights against each other

Only have one shadow from my group of friends.
Maybe if i start adding people from this forum…

You can challenge any shadow you like.
Choose which you like to beat up ( I love Aganos shadows ugh ),
And you can view the replay of how your shadow did in the fight. I love how my sadira had a comeback from 14% health last week!

IF I HAD A KIM WU AVAILABLE, ID TRAIN HER

Yeah I want tusk. Grrr

If you are looking for people to play in the Shadow Lab with, try adding people from this list…

The only way get your Shadow to stop doing that type of stuff is to continue to update it so that it isn’t in it system. You must have slid and not finished the combo at least once, and so that must be a part of it’s make up.

Do you play people in sets at all? It would seem counter intuitive that you don’t update your shadow, but you play people in sets online.

I very well might have, but even if I did drop it once or twice, my shadow probably has 100+ saved recordings where I have done the slide kick but not dropped the combo. It seems to want to replicate a mistake I made once, instead of the 1000+ times I didn’t make the mistake. Like I said, my shadow has a ton of recordings, so it shouldn’t be doing some of the things it does anymore, especially random heavy slide kicks into nothing over and over and over lol

I’m sure there are improvements to be made all around. The one thing I can add is that our shadows (after crunching the math) are made up of over 800 different recordings, so even having 200+ recordings is only scratching the surface. Who knows how the various matches / mistakes are weighed in all that math, but yeah, as far as I can tell you’d have to have 800+ perfect recordings for those types of mistakes to not be in there.

Maybe you should think about starting a new Shadow from scratch? With how much you’ve improved since the beginning, it may be worth it to erase those past beginner mistakes to have a more representative Shadow of the player you are now.

2 Likes

I have actually been thinking about doing this for a while but it’s hard lol I have put in so much into this one shadow that the idea of starting over kind of doesn’t sit well with me, not to mention you lose your leader board spot :confused: I am hoping if I just keep playing better and saving more and data that it will eventually just get better…though I guess any old mistakes from when I started back in January will always be there no matter what.

add my shadow, Aria and Sadira

fight back with all who fought against my Aria (mostly)
Achievements and make her a top shadow

zeybuccaneer

Can any developer confirm whEn kim shadows available?

Probably with the next upcoming patch, Bb.

I hope it is. I’d love to start training a Shadow Kim.

I cannot access shadow lab at all anymore

I actually intend to use shadow lab data to test what type of player I am. I’m thinking of recording my match ups in a certain time periods. Playing against it, then seeing the strengths and weaknesses.

For me, at least 3 to 5 would be a good number of slots.

1 Like

I would absolutely do more if there were more slots. It would also help if the game didn’t lock up when I hit “save replay.”

2 Likes

If more updates are on the way, Id recommend 11 slots to match with KI1 and 2’s roster.

Once Shadow Data gets fixed, I think there are a few improvements that could make the experience more appealing.

-Autonomous Shadows. (Challenging a shadow is all fine and dandy, but unless you’re a really good player most of the time your shadow is going to lose a lot when faced with human opponents. It’d be really interesting to have your Shadow go hunting for other Shadows while you’re away, kind alike deployment in Shadow Lords, so it can start taking in matches played and thus and loot for you.)
-More slots for more shadows.
-Color customization
-Unique rewards, like Title cards and such.
-Currency conversion for compatibility with Shadow Lords (I think this is a big one. If you made it so each Shadow Point is worth like 25 astral gems or something, it would encourage people to use it to get more SL stuff.)

1 Like