Eagle First Impressions

How do you feel about the Eagle/Aganos MU?

Someone told me yesterday that Eagle wins it, but I told him I disagree, and think it’s at least 5-5, if not less. Once Aganos is on top of Eagle, he struggles Very hard. You said 0 options, right? Is it because Aganos controls the space in front that Eagle needs?

From playing Amenty eagle has it worse than Kim.

1 Like

Also he can’t shadow counter f.hk since the low gets crushed after. Nor does he have a button to challenge it. So Aganos can abuse that move and doesn’t even need to be armored to do it.

1 Like

Just an example of what I mean.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiLGsNWhu5rLj1qwAAHzkbilAzY5

3 Likes

Agreed 100%. Played some mirror matches with Eagle yesterday and it did feel like once one of us got the upper hand in the matchup the match was already pretty much decided there. Very momentum based.

1 Like

MAX LEVEL WITH EAGLE! 7-8 hours of my life well spent wtih some Indian music playing!

3 Likes

Damn, that sucks for the Eagle player. Yeah, I can see that being a rough time.

I’ll try and see if I can lab an escape for that for fun. But, There’s another MU I avoid. Maybe I should just play Aganos lol.

He does have a get out of jail free card with bird bomb (is it hard knock down?)

If it is, then he gets the blockstun advantage, free set up, even though he’s the one being pressured. This is all theory crafting of course, letalis brought up excellent points as well

cr.mp and forward mp, arrows too.

F.mp is the double punch similar to Fulgore’s f.Hp

C.mp and B.mp are his anti airs, and situationally, arrows or qcb P for over the head approaches

I mixed them up but b.mp is that Bone whip thing?

1 Like

Yep, b.mp is the anti air whip

I don’t think this is true. I believe if you get meatied on wake up you won’t be able to use the bird bomb.

At first glance I didn’t find this to be quite the case. A patient Eagle can definitely get a leg up on Shago. For starters he can fire off arrows faster than Shago can fireballs, and advance while doing so.

Nah, you can quick rise a bird bomb on hit.

1 Like

Anyone know what’s up with the projectile trading on shadow arrows? Was playing an Eagle mirror, I shot a single arrow, my opponent shot the shadow five arrows at the same time, my single arrow completely cancelled out all 5 shadow arrows. Later I was fighting a Cinder, used shadow arrows to go for the chip win, he threw a single pyrobomb and it destroyed all 5 arrows.

In the vid I posted i tried to bird bomb out since Aganos didnt have armor. It didn’t work I just kept getting counter hit.

̶S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶i̶e̶d̶:̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶y̶e̶d̶ (Forget this, not true, I was destroying them when they were too close between them). Unlike all shadow versions of any projectile, it has low priority. It may be the projectile with the lowest priority.

Seems fitting, since regular qcf p has huge priority.

I have used the regular version against peacemaker, and the arrows connected. Seems like you have to use his regular version to win projectile wars, and the shadow version for situational punishes or when you don’t have arrows

I don’t know about them being all tied, @Dayv0. Kim can shoot dragon cannons against the shadow arrows and, from a distance when they can spread out properly, they’ll destroy the lower ones and leave the upper ones. Maybe they do have lower priority, but when they’re stacked, a single higher priority projectile beats all of them clean?

1 Like

Yeah, you are right, after some testing, the thing is that the other projectiles collided too soon with all the shadow arrows when they were close between them.

Shadow arrows are independient, but they are probably one of the lowest priority projectile in the game