E3 2017 General Discussion

I believe that is the case.

I’m looking forward to the titles Xbox showed off, Bethesda felt flat to me until Wolfenstein (The Evil Within 2 is nice but the trailer is so weird, I’m still reeling).

so when is there gonna be a hype announcement? so far its been pretty trash :\

the only things ive really liked so far is wolfenstein and the DBZ fighters game. i just finished watching some PC game and it has graphics that are like 10 years old and boasting about obstacle vaulting. cmon E3 turn it up!

I’m looking forward the Evil Within sequel. I know the first game didn’t match expectations, but I thought it was still pretty decent for what it was. It’ll be interesting to see how they build upon it. Beth’s conference was somewhat sparse and weirdly Skyrim-centric somehow, but at least they cut the talk-show crap and stuck with showing their games (which are all coming out this year too IIRC). DISHONORED HYPE!

We’ve had a nice break from Assassin’s Creed, but I’m still finding it hard to get excited for this new one despite the interesting Egypt setting because still have doubts Ubisoft is going to genuinely improve the core problems this series has had for me since I first got into it with AC2.

im watching the PC gaming thing and jesus ■■■■ it is ZZZZzzZZZZzz an 8bit overhead builder type game. wtffff cmoooon

This E3 is ■■■■. Idk, maybe I’m just old man-ing and i don’t get gaming anymore. Literally the only games I’ve bought this gen are Gears 4, Overwatch, Titanfall 1, and KI…

1 Like

Since Xbox One X’s are only $499.99, I wonder what they’ll be going for on Ebay?
Hmmm…

Thought MS had a decent showing. A lot of stuff that was expected (Cuphead, Crackdown, Forza, Sea of Thieves, Assassins Creed once it was leaked, Anthem which was announced to appear at MS show during EAs) plus all the XB1X stuff.

But there were a few nice surprises. Original Xbox compatibility is certainly welcome. Strange that they mentioned Crimson Skies by name as a game that people want, yet we still haven’t seen a freakin sequel to it all these years later. :rage:

Still though, it’ll be nice to dust that one off, along with MechAssault 2, Aggressive Inline, Buffy, Hunter: The Reckoning, Panzer Dragoon Orta and some other great OG Xbox games.

The other nice surprise, for me, was Ori and the Will of the Wisps. The art style of those games, the music, and the fun, challenging traversal had me enjoying Blind Forest from start to finish. Can’t wait to see more on this one!

While we saw a few new IPs here and there, a lot of the show seemed to be shooters and post-apocalyptic stuff. Also, man… Is it just me or did there seem to be a lot of indy looking games? That’s fine and all, but in a year where I was really hoping to see some unexpected, cool looking, AAA IPs, there really weren’t any.

I’ll be curious to see what Sony has to show off tonight. I’d love to see a direct sequel to Twisted Metal: Black, but honestly, there’s not a ton of stuff left in their arsenal that really excites me either. Ni No Kuni 2, I guess? Hopefully they’ve got some cool surprises.

I haven’t really payed attention to the PC gaming side of news. Are they typically like that?
I’ve only heard bad things in terms of excitement.

there are at least several killer games on the way each year. but so far its been total absolute ■■■■. idk, this e3 is missing something, even last years was just good. but prior, it was always like ohhh ■■■■ its e3 here we go we are gonna see some sick games. not this year so far. alot of is indy game looking ■■■■■■ visuals with really nothing innovative to show for to make up for it. i dont mind games that look like junk, if its fun to play. that cyber punk game “the last night” though, does look sweet

My Favorites so far:
Metro: Exodus

Dragonball Fighter Z

Evil Within 2

Wolfenstein 2

Age of Empires

OG Xbox Games for Xbox One and Duke Controller for Xbox/Windows

Ace Combat 7

So not too bad. Still hoping for Devil my Cry.

1 Like

BEYOND GOOD & EVIL 2 YAAASSSS

Though they did mention some kind of major multiplayer feature, probably involving that crew on the ship. Hopefully the game keeps focus on strong single-player content.

Unfortunately it seems to be an online shared world game…

As you rise from lowly pirate to legendary captain, you’ll traverse System 3 at light speed to explore freely on your own or with friends. Presenting its solar system as a massive, seamless online environment, Beyond Good and Evil 2 gives players the chance to dive into the foundations of the franchise’s universe while traveling between diverse planets and moons in search of adventure.

Ok Beyond Good and Evil 2 is now my biggest flop of E3, Just why?

1 Like

It just depends on how if MS can manufacture enough to keep up with demand. From what I understand scalpers aren’t having the Switch right now go for much more than retail, because for the most part everyone that wants one is finding one one way or another at retail price. If they’re readily available at the retail store of your choice, nobody in their right mind is going to be paying $50-200+ more if they don’t feel they have to.
…not to say there aren’t suckers out there.

1 Like

beyond good and evil 2 is just LOL. looks total bro shooter press A for awesome with that trailer. pretty sure it’ll play different, but that trailer just had me laughing. i cannot take it seriously

The online thing doesn’t necessarily make the game completely unlike the first one, though. In the first game you were on a ship exploring and flying to lots different places as well. This would just be on a much bigger scale. And we have no idea what the gameplay is like yet and how much will carry over or change from the first game.

The optimistic scenario here is that BGE2 plays like a good single-player game like BGE1 that just happens to have some kind of shared-world multiplayer.

So Sony’s conference is supposed to be today, correct?

6pm PST. So 44 minutes from this post

Ok. Unfortunately I won’t be able to watch it, since I’m working. I’m honestly not much of a PS fan, but I do like to see what they’ve got going on.

Man, between Sea of Thieves and Skull and Bones it’s gonna be a good couple of years for fans of pirate games.

I hear you. I rarely get excited for games anymore. This E3 has been pretty underwhelming (so far).

The last time I got super excited for a game release was (is) Shenmue 3 and Silent Hills. The latter got cancelled and Shenmue 3 was delayed until next year… oh well.