E3 2017 General Discussion

Twitter is a savage snark-a-thon. šŸ¤·

Almost an hour into the Xbox conference and bored to death. Literally none of the games interest me and the trailers are long as heck!

Eagleā€™s trailer better be today!

1 Like

Rukari had mentioned that there would be no big news drops regarding KI, so the trailer is probably post-E3, early CEO

KI is getting a 4k update and thatā€™s it

Will the 4k update be for xbx1x only or for XB1 as well?

Well the normal x1 canā€™t do native 4k so doubt it but you never no. The x1s might

A lot of people absolutely love Ori and the Blind Forest. I can understand why. The music and graphics are lovely. However, the gameplay is the same old ā€œMetroidvaniaā€ that weā€™ve seen for decades. I havenā€™t even brough myself to finish it because itā€™s just not interesting to me.

2 Likes

Eh, the Xbox conference was okay. None of their few big-budget AAA exclusives particularly excite me or strike me as particularly ambitious or creative, as usual. Iā€™m still missing the Phantom Dust Reboot and Scalebound.

The gameplay is good too, and mechanics-wise had its own identity. Lots of people like their Metroidvania fix every once in a while, and Ori was well done on that front.

1 Like

Nothing so far impressed me or seemed interesting to me at all. The only thing seeming just a bit interesting would be the DBZ fighting game, as I am a big fan of Guilty Gearā€¦ but Iā€™m no fan of DBZ.

Ah well, canā€™t wait for Sonyā€™s time. Thereā€™s a few things Iā€™m looking forward to thereā€¦

Edit: Speaking of DBZā€¦

2 Likes

I know itā€™s really late but Iā€™d still like to have a Guilty Gear port. BDFZ will doā€¦

Donā€™t know if anyone has said this yet but
#Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility!

5 Likes

Sadly all the tony hawk games are doa. :frowning: idk who owns it even.

Itā€™s a blessing in disguise, I guess. No oneā€™s shutting down THUGPro any time soon.

AC Origins look amazing! I am looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

I hope AC:O is good than Unity and Syndicate!

1 Like

I hope Itā€™s to the extent that if you have the old disks itā€™ll run those as well. Otherwise itā€™ll be limited to a select few games. From what I remember hearing somewhere with the XB1 having the same architecture as the OG Xbox when they get it running all the old games will just work, no tweaking the emulator on a game-to-game basis like with the 360 games.
And I certainly hope we will be able to just pop in an OG Xbox disk and run itā€¦Iā€™m pretty sure I have a copy of Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee laying around somewhere that Iā€™d enjoy busting out and playing again.

Literally the first game that came to my mind when they announced the backwards compatibility.

1 Like

Whacked
Blinx
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Capcom vs Snk
Conker Reloaded
JSRF
Midnight Club 2

YES! OH YEAH! AH YEAH! I KNEW IT! I CALLED IT TOO! ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST 2 CONFIRMED! AN ALL-NEW ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST SEQUEL/AN ALL-NEW SEQUEL TO ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED NOW!

P.S. HUGE FANBOY OF ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST RIGHT HERE AND I AM A VERY PROUD ORI FANBOY TOO!

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Bethesda did awesome. So stoked for the new Wolfenstein game!

1 Like