Dragon Ball FighterZ

Congrats man! Which team were you using to get you there

Iā€™m using Ginyu, Hit, and SSJ Goku atm.

Sooooā€¦got to living legend quicker than I thought I would.

I can now say Iā€™m in the top 30-40 in ranked. Feels good :yum:

4 Likes

Congratulations! Now I feel left behind lol

1 Like

Iā€™m a part of the club too now! Same stage too!

1 Like

Almost Top 20! Maybe I might get noticed and get featured in a replay channel :yum: One can dream.

How are you guys doing? Would like to know where you guys are in the leaderboard as well

3 Likes

I kind of took a break in FighterZ for a bit. Trying to avoid burnout like I did in KI (got close but missed top 32 too many times)

I got this game and the Season Pass for Switch for Christmas. Know next to nothing about DragonBall. What I know comes pretty much exclusively from Death Battle. Any advice?

Note: I donā€™t have online.

Do you have Android 21 with the Season Pass? If not, you should unlock by just playing the story mode. Story is just a really long turtorial mode honestly. Not much fun to be found there.

Just try out the characters at this point. Combo training is a good place to start. Learning each characterā€™s role can be extremely greatful for making teams. Try using two easier assist characters with one more complicated character.

For your first characters, try;

Super Sayian Goku
Super Sayian Vegeta
Tien
Goku Black
Bardock
Yamcha (for easy assist)

These characters are rather simple (save maybe Yamcha) and should help you learn the game. Bnb combos are pretty simple for most of the cast so once you figure them out you shouldnā€™t focus much on them. Iā€™d recomen learning how to use your assists in pressure and combos. Neutral is a great skill as well to learn with experience. Also, donā€™t abuse super dash. It can be countered by Cr.H by decent players. Try not to really too much on auto combos as well. They are a good introduction but have a limit in what they can do.

There a bunch of videos on YouTube for tutorials as well such as this for starters:

If you have any preference in character types (grappler/rushdown/zone/etc) I could point you to a character you might like.

Donā€™t worry about not watching Dragon Ball, although you may miss a lot of the references, it has a pretty great art style and easy combo system. Itā€™s pretty enjoyable by its own.

The most I could give you is my mains in other fighters and maybe you can go from there.

In Killer Instinct I Play Riptor and Rash
In Mortal Kombat X I play Jason Voorhees
In Injustice 2 I play Captain Cold and Sub-Zero
In Ultra Street Fighter IV I play Poison
In Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite I play a Dante and Captain Marvel team

So. I just finished the Super Warrior arc. I have a few things to say.

1. Explaining the player and the tag team mechanics was really dumb
  2. Goku is a f**king moron
  3. What Whis and Beerusā€™s conversation at the end saying that those two plot point were actually meaningless, or are there answers elsewhere in the game.
  4. Android 21 sounded like she was orgasming before the final fight.
1 Like

Jiren, Videl, Belly (DBS), and Gogeta confirmed!

Iā€™m more happy about Videl though. Like I am DEFINITELY playing her. She had so much potential in DBZ, but she got the short end of the straw, just like Gohanā€¦ (sigh)

1 Like

Not super familiar with DBZ. But what is the difference between Vegito and Gogeta?

Also, not a fan of ANOTHER alt version of a character already on the roster.

Still hoping we get Kale/Califula/Kefla, Master Roshi, and Mr. Satin. How crazy would it be if they added Superman as a guest character?

Vegito uses potara earings. Gogeta uses the fusion dance. They are distinct enough that I wouldnā€™t consider them alternate versions of each other. Design wise and fighting style, they are pretty different

3 Likes

Ok. Iā€™ll expect that sense I donā€™t really know about the show.

A second BROLY on the other handā€¦

Broly is the next Saiyan that needs multiple versions, clearly. lol

90 percent of DBZ games have this issue actually, but at least FighterZ avoids the issue of them playing exactly the same (I expected no less from Arc System Works, they have a better track record than most in that regard). So at least they are guaranteed to play differently despite similar appearances.

Yes, Iā€™ve been saying this from the day this was announced that he would be great in this game. As long as heā€™s properly balanced for competitive play like everyone else (intentionally bad joke characters are waste of everyoneā€™s time and money) I could totally see him being here no problem.

I donā€™t think Shueisha (the owners of the Dragon Ball IP) is even allowing crossovers with other animes for this game, so thatā€™s out the window. Besides Superman canā€™t even beat Lex Luthor in most cases, heā€™s only powerful if his opponents know nothing about him (and many DB characters are good at finding weaknesses).

With that said, Iā€™m at a loss of how they can make his moveset not OP, since heā€™s basically cursed to be god-tier for some reason.

They also have different personalities: Vegito is a jerk who constantly taunts his opponents, while Gogeta is super serious by comparison. Itā€™s not a big difference in the DBZ universe like their list of powers, but itā€™s there.

As someone that has never seen any of the DBZ anime I took full advantage of the Xbox Free Play Days and downloaded DBFZ to play over the weekend. Itā€™s a really awesome fighter and one that even casuals can get some real love from.

Game is stupidly easy to pick up and play but with enough depth to keep people like me coming back to it, may consider getting it since FPD ends today :frowning:

Youā€™ve clearly never watched the Goku vs Superman Death Battle. (Say what you will about how they portrayed Goku, I donā€™t really know, but as a fan of Superman they did a pretty accurate job explaining and representing him at least.) Plus Supermanā€™s Villains usually only beat him in one of three ways. Outsmarting him/forcing him to save someone else while they escape, or using Magic or Kryptonite. He looses because of very specific and convoluted circumstances. None of that really works as a reason for disinclusion in a fighting game anyway. If ordinary people like Mr. Satan have a shot, Superman would be fine.

Whatever. Iā€™m not gonna try to start up THAT argument again. All Iā€™m saying is that heā€™d hold his own in a fighting game and it would be a great shout out to the famous rivalry.

Saw both of them, it doesnā€™t technically matter since Death Battle is non-canon. The statement that his opponents will find a weakness is still relevant, since that happens all the time in the comics and other forms of media.

Again, Shueisha would probably not allow it in this game, thatā€™s just how itā€™s been for 20 years now with the DBZ games. Honestly itā€™d be more surprising if Superman got into Jump Force, since the mass crossovers always had more leniency in that regard.

A lot of people are too used to reality crushing our dreams, and the powers that be are basically Godzilla in terms of power levels. My dreams specifically are basically pancakes at this point.