Dragon Ball FighterZ

I’d argue that Teen Gohan is way more limiting. And this game kinda shows it.

I agree. But now you’re being asked to throw down another $35 for a super side character with no upside. I’ve never been a fan of Broly either (honestly not a fan of pulling from the movies with the roster size being smaller), but I can see potential for fun gameplay at least.

Hopefully I’m proven wrong

Totally uninterested in both characters, BUT if they can do some cool stuff? Yeah, maybe that’ll get my interest.

On another note, 12 out of 26 characters on the roster are Saiyans if i counted right and count Bardock and Broly. And there’s possibly ones i’d bet good money on making it in at some point, like a Gogeta, Kid Goku, etc. Yeah, i get Saiyans are central to the lore, but gimme a breather here…

I totally get where you’re coming from, and I would love more diversity as well, (Janemba, Bojack, Babadi, Garlic Jr, Videl, Hercule, Omega Shenron… I could go on), but the problem is, the more popular characters are Saiyans, and they’re easy to do. Kefla is likely to be in the game, eventually.

The one thing I will say though, aside from the Kamehameha-like beams, there are very few “similar” moves among them.

Broly will most likely have Blaster Shell and Gigantic Press, along with his Level 3 Gigantic Meteor. I would love to see him have Gigantic Driver and his bicycle kick from the first movie.

Bardock will probably have Riot Javelin and Heat Phalanx, but aside from that, I’m not sure what else he gets. I’m not really a fan of Bardock’s story so I never watched his stuff, or at the very least don’t remember watching them.

I already expected Broly and Bardock (despite my much distaste for the former)
those were a given since the beginning

They were way too popular NOT to in (especially in Japan)

Pictures of Bardock and Broly

\

Renders:

I think we will see their trailers tomorrow because every DBFZ characters’ trailers were released on Wednesday.

4 Likes

N i c e

1 Like

By the way, this may be the best 4Chan thumbnail I have ever seen.

1 Like
4 Likes

Bardock’s animation is great. The subtle clenching of his fist when he’s holding his headband and when he powers up looks great.

I hope cooler makes it in the game, they can use this form. It’s diffrent from frieza’s and it could give Cooler a more unique move set too.

2 Likes

+1 vote for Final Form Cooler.

If he got in the game it would be well…a lot…cooler :yum:

I’ll see myself out the door now

2 Likes

Not a huge fan of these characters, but I hope they are fun. Bardock looks cool. Idk if we can classify him as a Goku, because he is his own person.

SSJ Goku, Goku Black (Although it is a body hijack), and SSGSS Goku are all still the same person.

Even though he’s related, idk if we can call him another “Goku”.

1 Like

I’m glad you bring this point here, I would let 16 explain it:

Goku’s “will” or personality is not the problemOMG I CAN’T BELIEVE I SAID THAT. To put an example, Vegetto is “another Goku, kinda”, but he wouldn’t be a problem

But having SO MANY DAMN CHARS who are Goku OR use Goku’s model in a game with a small roster while other unique chars (you may like them or not, but to name some, Dabura, Super characters, Cooler, Zabron, Raditz, Dr. Gero…) are left out for now, and some may make it, but there are going to be some cool chars that are going to be left out while an irrelevant plot wise and visually repetitive char makes it

4 Likes

Goku Black is about as much of a Goku as Ginyu Goku. Aka they are both Goku since they are using Goku’s body. Bardock is not Goku’s body other than face and hair. Therefore, Bardock is not Goku imo.

Also, I lnotice how the trailers are getting shorter and shorter. At this rate, next thing will be Vegito smiling for 2 seconds and trailer ends

Thank you for breaking it down 16-sensei! :sob::+1:t5:

But yeah, most of us who aren’t fans of a ton of Goku clones aren’t quibbling over the exact specifics of which Goku they’re adding to a 32 man roster - it doesn’t matter if it’s Ginyu-Goku or Turles or whatever other “not really Goku even though he has the exact same face as Goku” Goku. The issue is that we have a roster that is literally 1/8 Goku palette and costume swaps.

I don’t generally mind palette swaps or clones/remixes in FG’s - it’s a thing and so long as they play differently (which ASW thus far has done well) I’m not usually going to be angry about it. But don’t tell me I’m supposed to be happy about seeing 1/8 of a 32 man 3v3 roster be the exact same guy with different outfits and moves, not when there are so many other characters and avenues to be mined in the DB universe. Don’t tell me that because it’s not “really” Goku that it doesn’t count as a reuse of assets, because that’s unquestionably exactly what it is. In KI or SFV these would merely be different costumes for the character.

1 Like

Um, Shin Hisako?

4 Likes

This is amazing, lol. Glad I dabble in the dunk master :smile:

1 Like

This js just my opinion but I think he looks different enough (barely) for him to stand on his own and not as a Goku clone.

5 Likes

I’m just excited for Bardock cause I like his personality and in every DBZ game he’s in he’s so much fun to play.

3 Likes