Dragon Ball FighterZ

That’s ok. Go when you are ready. Don’t force yourself. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

right now im fighting higher rank ppl to see whats out there. i have no idea wtf im doing but this game is fun as hell. sucks when i get way too outclassed, i just hear COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER and i block hits with my face. haha

1 Like

I’m with ya there friend. School and work are keeping me preoccupied. For now I’m trying to be just content with being a casual at this game. :wink:

So I FINALLY got the game! yay.
But since I’m not used to anime fighters I feel like things like adding jump cancels and IADs are going to give me hell.
Guess I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

I think the first hurdle of these games is getting to a more “mobile” mentality. These games don’t reward sitting still and waiting as much as games like KI.

Once you understand movement, the rest should eventually come to you.

1 Like

Based on my experiences thus far, I recommend working on things in the following order:

1. Movement
  2. Defensive punishes (ie 2H homing dashes, raw super punishes, etc)
  3. Combos (learning to jump cancel, launch, and spike when you want, how to assist super, etc)
  4. Proper use of assists (for pressure/combo extensions)
  5. Setups/setplay

I think this provides a decent way to go about learning the game, and will serve to help you do at least decently well online also. Just having the first two down will put you at a level quite a ways above the average joe.

2 Likes

Oh I see
Thanks then
After I finish story mode (Cuz I want 21) sooner or later I might ask for some practice matches if some of you guys don’t mind

From what I heard, it seems that staying still will get you killed in this game. If that’s true, then my initial tactic of playing Hit would be flawed then.

How bad would it be to stay still as Hit and focus on counter moves and surprise attacks, I’m guessing you would get overwhelmed. I wanted to play him similar to his attacks in the show but it seems impossible with what was said

Yeah i had the same idea to play hit like that. I can confirm you will get merked standing still. Its definitely better to keep moving and rely on his specials. Some matches i can crush people with hit others time i wont even get a hit (pun intended) on the opponent.

1 Like

This strategy(stay still and from there, attack or counter) has several cons

-His counter attack needs at least one meter to convert into good damage, so unlike Hisako, who can convert a counter into a full combo, a meter starving Hit gets few rewards from a pretty risky move

-Hit works grounded, where he is great, but has fewer tools to deal with airborne characters, so it’s easier to approach him by air, specially with an assist covering you

-His doesn’t put his hands in his jacket unless walking or during an stance, so he isn’t as cool as moving

2 Likes

This makes me sad :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

There is this guy I’ve been following on YouTube for DBFZ and MvCI tech called Rooflemonger

His youtube channel is really great! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-zoo0r7MUN8qD34J8s3Pqw

He just started streaming on twitch too so give him a follow. https://www.twitch.tv/rooflemonger

He tried to play KI on Win10 but couldn’t get it to work lol. But he says he loves the game and the characters. So thats a big reason I’ve giving him a shout out.

1 Like

This is factually incorrect. Hit’s boxer stance is in fact the coolest thing about him. The only character in the game who’s actually ready to throw a punch or block something.

And yeah, standing still is a terrible idea in this game. You can play defensively, but that also requires movement - otherwise you’re just asking to eat lockdown assist->nonsense.

1 Like

Heh, a guy whom can stop time and is as fast as Hit is ALWAYS ready to throw a punch xD

2 Likes

This Cell glitch is some BS lol

Some interesting info you may not know

I heard this game has 3v3, players I mean. How is it to anyone that has tried it?

@HWSlenderCashew, @Sasuke99I and I tried play 3v3 in Ring Match few weeks ago, but it’s not working.

2 Likes

Max got it working in one of his FighterZ streams. Seems like they were enjoying it.

"You have left the lobby"
And this disconnects me from a current match why? It doesn’t even make sense. I’m in the match, not the lobby. Why does the match get disconnected because of the lobby?