Dragon Ball FighterZ

I watched the story mode (most of it) and I’d like to share some thoughts. Spoilers for those who haven’t watched the story and are waiting for release.

Good:
-The character interactions before fights are so good it’s almost too much to be true. These conversations sound like they come straight from fans or TFS with the topics they touch on and the character personalities. I’ve laughed at quite a few of them, particularly the Krillin/Yamcha/18 and Cell/Buu ones.

-The story seems to be the only place where you see the “good” version of Android 21. And honestly, she’s such an adorable and like-able character. I really find it unfortunate that you cannot play as this iteration in multiplayer and that she only appears in one of the three storylines. I really wish there was an option for this, maybe with some alternate dialogue in the fights or something. Especially considering how I feel about her normal/bad counterpart…

Bad:

-OK, just gonna throw this out there, Android 21’s normal and bad forms are just annoying and unsettling. I know there are people online who like this crazy, hungry personality and think it’s hot or something, but she is so one note and obnoxious that it makes me not want to play her. While Super Buu and Kid Buu had similar problems, at least they weren’t so loudmouthed about their little addictions. I guess I’m gonna have to get over this if I don’t want to get upset online when fighting her, but again, I really wish the good version was an option.

-The multiple endings really seem unnecessary. Nothing really changes in the endings; they always end with 21’s death in some shape or form, and nothing else really matters. Sure sometimes villains die and sometimes they leave you with the evil eyes, but it’s really not enough of a change to warrant this design decision IMO. I think the Android story with good Android 21 should’ve been the only route.

-I wish there were a few more characters present/playable in the story. It seems like the devs really wanted to remain focused on DBZ specifically and try not to get too complex. Not the worst idea, but the fact that a third of the roster isn’t available in the story and play no role just seems off to me.

-The storyline itself is just way too predictable. If you’ve watched DBZ, specifically the Android and Buu arcs…you will not be surprised by anything that happens. I certainly wasn’t.

1 Like

If everyone who wants to comment on/discuss the story could do what Sonic just did and use the spoiler tag, that would be greatly appreciated. :+1:t5:

5 Likes

Oh yeah. Tien is on point with my team. I think I found a team that makes me happy to play.

Tien/Yamcha/Adult Gohan.

It makes me smile to know that this is the path I’ve chosen.

Look out! I’ll try to be one of the World’s best Tien!

Don’t sleep on me :triumph:

Thank so much for using spoiler tag. If only youtube can do the same thing with recommendations.

1 Like

tfw people appreciate me for basic human decency

7 Likes

NEO TRI-BEEEAAAM!!!

1 Like

21 seems REALLY awesome to me
So far the characters I wanna try first are:
21, Kid Buu, Hit, and Yamcha

All I want is to get my hands on Piccolo, Yamcha the God, and Hit, with Hit being my lead.

Parries for days!

1 Like

1 more day

Till Monster Hunter World! :smiley:

1 Like

Dragon-ball-gifs-dragon-ball-37976919-500-276

2 Likes

Got to play a couple of games with the 4th beta and i’ll now admit, it’s given me a spark of hope. Still don’t think i’ll buy until later. I feel like the few games i played all ran between 2f - 6f of lag per the counter on the game UI. I intentionally ran it through a WiFi for that as well.

Question if anyone knows it. I’m pretty sure that ranked matches would pull from whomever is online. Do casual matches pair you against the players in your lobby or is that what that big ring in the middle of the lobby was for?

1 Like

Casual matches pairs you with anyone, not limited with your lobby players. You can put some conditions, like “at least X connection bars”

I believe there is a mode which pairs you with ONLY the lobby players, but I’m not 100 % sure

1 Like

Arena mode from the first beta (the one where you talked with the guy at the front and wait in the middle of the “arena”) is how you play with other people in a lobby.

I’ll probably tear through story mode so I don’t have to worry about spoilers, then I’ll take SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, and probably Goku Black out for a spin to see how I like them.

Good morning everybody!

3 Likes

Literaly first online match:

My team: Ginyu/Nappa/Vegeta

Opponent: Frieza/Goku/Kid Gohan

Mindset: Eliminate Freezer, kick off Goku to force Gohan in, switch body with Ginyu

Match: Nappa, Vegeta and Frieza gets eliminated, as Ginyu, I managed to kick Goku out, forcing Gohan to get in. He lands a raw lvl 3 Kamehameha, which I survive. Then commits his only mistake in all the match: fullscreen homing dash. Suddenly, he is an almost dead Ginyu, with no meter, while I’m a full Health, 3 meters Gohan.

SUUUUPER FUN.

Early impressions:
-Tien is SUPER fun, I really like him. The armor properties of his volleyball special is nuts
-Gotenks is hard to use properly, will take some time on training room to figure out
-Hit is a monster. @STORM179 should be super happy.

7 Likes

I’m scared.

6 Likes

As I said in another thread when you see Storm as your opponent:

4 Likes

Once I’m buy Dragon Ball Fighter Z, I’m gonna be working on Hit so much. Watch out Storm, if you play him you’re gonna to have a rival.

2 Likes