Dragon Ball FighterZ

Finally, the only DBZ can character I care about. Now I need a 3rd Buu. Maybe I can accept that female Buu being playable now.

EDIT: Just realized the other two are characters that Super Buu absorbed lol

1 Like

Well, Buu absorbed a good amount of characters, so thatā€™s not saying much XD

Also, Scans!

Gotenks

• Unleashed continuous flashily-named attacks against his opponents for consistent damage. His moves themselves live up to their flashy names, too.

• For example, the Super Kamikaze Ghost Attack where the ghosts charge the opponent and detonate upon contact.

• His Meteo Super Attack is the Ultra Volleyball Attack, where he turns them into a volleyball and juggles them together with his allies. Even Piccolo can reluctantly join in, just like in the original series.

Stats

• Power: 3
  • Speed: 4
  • Reach: 1
  • Technique: 3
  • Energy: 4

Adult Gohan

• Gohan, endowed with his full unlocked potential, thanks to the Old Kaioushin. His abilites increase greatly by using his own energy.

• He can use his full energy bar at once to enhance his regular attacks greatly.

• His Meteo Super Attack is the Ultimate Kamehameha. Using all of the energy he can muster, its power and hit count goes way above regular ones.

Stats

• Power: 3
  • Reach: 3
  • Technique: 4
  • Energy: 2

Kid Buu

• With his elastic and freely adjustable body, he uses many tricky moves. He still has both power and speed to boot, though, so heā€™s a very rough opponent to go up against.

• Extending his limbs, rolling himself into a ball, heā€™s truly a master of unpredictable movement.

• His Meteo Super Attack is the Earth Genocide Attack, which he used in the series to wipe out virtually all of mankind in one blow.

Stats

• Power: 4
  • Reach: 3
  • Technique: 4
  • Energy: 4

:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

The hate that Kale and Caulifla get it amusing to me. Kale is that standard annoyingly uber-shy semi-obsessed girl that Japan likes to do, and Caulifla is basically every generic shonen character ever. No, they arenā€™t deep, but then again like 90% of the cast (to very much include the main character) isnā€™t either. Theyā€™re not particularly well written, but neither is almost anyone else in DBS.

And if itā€™s about BS power scalingā€¦have you seen Super? The show breaks its own established power system with reckless abandon. Chump-villain Frieza now wrecks SS2 Gohan in his base form, Gokuā€™s base form is a match for ā€œfinalā€ form Frieza, 17 can match the godly power of SS Blueā€¦the whole show is a clusterfuck of confused power scaling.

I donā€™t particularly hate Kale and Caulifla. I know absolutely nothing about Kale, I just canā€™t get over how Caulifla is animated. Maybe Iā€™m just not up to date with it since I havenā€™t seen a single episode of Super, but it really bothers me how skinny her upper body is.

To those of you who watch Super, has it gotten better than this? And I donā€™t mean when she goes Broly.

Kale goes Broly, not Caulifla.

Honestly, I enjoy Caulifla a lot. She has the same drive as Goku and I really enjoy her ā€œspecial movesā€.

She fights like Vegeta, but has the attitude of Goku.

My problem with most Super characters is the lack of style, and how the animations reflect this too in Goku and Vegeta

To put an example, in the manga, Vegeta compensates his lack of range(he is short) with power: he uses a lot his knees and elbows, putting himself very close to the opponent. Goku, meanwhile, uses more direct attacks, taking advantage of his reach. You can see Cell using both styles at the same time, with long range kicks, but also elbow drops up close

Hit, surprisingly, has his own style. Has an unique stance, and his attacks(when you see him), follow similar patterns

But this is not as true in the remaining chars. Besides their attitude, I donā€™t see Kale or Caulifla doing ā€œuniqueā€ physical attacks. Itā€™s just generic punchs or kicks which anybody could do.

And now, in Super, most of the time, I see Goku doing thisā€¦

Over and over and over again

2 Likes

To be fair, that was the result of Friezaā€™s training after he was resurrected. (though I admit the time it took him to get that strong is rather BS :man_shrugging:)

Got it. Frieza couldā€™ve reached god-level power (the power to drop SS3 in two hits) if only he hadnā€™t been so lazy in lifeā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Thereā€™s no way to dress it up so that it makes sense; there is no ā€œto be fairā€¦ā€ option select. The showrunners liked Frieza as a character and villain, and arbitrarily brought his strength to a level that made him relevant again.

I think itā€™s narratively lazy to recycle villains in this manner, but Iā€™m not losing any sleep over it. Frieza was a good villain in his time, and has been doing a serviceable job in DBS to date. I just find it funny when people complain about nonsense contrived power-ups for the Saiyan girls, when they give a pass to all the other nonsense contrived power-ups in Dragon Ball Super. The show is replete with them, so you may as well just accept it and keep it moving.

1 Like

Youā€™re not wrong thatā€™s for sure lol

I think the outbursts for the female saiyans may come from the fact that people wanted female super saiyans for the LONGEST time (why pan never got one in GT I may never know) but to have the execution soā€¦controversial, to put it nicely, leaves a more sour taste in people mouths.

However I mostly blame the sudden power ups of the current arc on the 2 day time limit to the tournament, but thatā€™s a whole other discussion going into spoilers so Iā€™ll stop here.

Watching some of the DBFZ exhibition tournament (max vs sonicfox, sonicfox vs perfectlegend). I think I like that itā€™s sub optimal to combo into your super moves. It keeps you from seeing the same combos leading to the same cinematic automatic supers tagged into the end. Also, every time a character winds up for a super youā€™re Building tension. ā€œDid it hit?!!ā€ More fun to watch than Marvels magic chain, super, bounce, magic chain, super stuff.

4 Likes

Gotenksā€™s trailer is here!

4 Likes

Gotenks looks super fun and super loyal to his manga counterpart. I will definetively use him a lot

I wasnā€™t saying I wanted those guys specifically but I wanted more than 18 as the only female.

Before, I found Jiren a bit boring. Just a really strong guy. The manga version of Super gave him some much needed characterization though. He devotes his whole life for justice. When he first heard about the Tournament of Power, he didnā€™t want to join at first. He wasnā€™t willing to destroy other universes to save his own. If his universe got erased, thatā€™s what happened. When he gets informed that he gets the Super Dragon Balls to make a wish though, he joins. Not for justice but a wish. Really cool stuff that I wish they touched on in the anime.

1 Like

Dragon Ball Anime itā€™s pretty bad. I mean, both Z and Super are quite slow and boring to watch, and they change stuff from the manga which IMO was better. The animeĀ”s filler content is cancerous

The Manga, meanwhile, itā€™s more focused, is more consistent, has better approaches to some stuff than the manga, and overall, itā€™s better.

Black Goku saga is totally different in the manga, and is WAAAAAAAAAY better than the Anime IMO

Iā€™m certain we will see more backstory for jiren in the anime. Itā€™s literally only a matter of time seeing we already got hints that jiren is here for a specific wish.

You can say the same about Toppo too. In the Manga he already knows Gokuā€™s not the enemy and is not all ā€œJUSTICE!!!ā€ 24/7

Hmm?..

4 Likes

Obviously, the second pic is Hercule. Heā€™s got a really well known silhouetteā€¦

5 Likes