Dragon Ball FighterZ

I know they just introduced her in the show, but I’d like to see Kale in the game. She’s basically a girl Broly, and OMG did she make a huge legendary Super Sayian entrance when she powered up!!

1 Like

Love Xneovers ebeing a nice break from playing the anie for the 100th time in a row without a twist.

This game is gonna scratch another itch that KI’s already doing wonderfully at. But it also scratches a slight itch to wanna play as the canon DBZ characters again.

I hope we get more details with the colors and such.

I admit though, I’ve played GG and BB both and their mechanics are a bit…complicated specficallt inputs and knowing how where and when to use certain mechanics some I end up forgetting exist. hope DBZ’s mechanics are easier to keep track of.

As a possible 3V3 game, I’ll happily play this over Marvel.

Well I for one would like to see Caulifla
Personally I like her more than Kale

Also I hope that you have a choice between 1v1 2v2 and 3v3. I’m primarily a 1v1 person (since I’m not a very multitasking sort of guy) so options are nice.

Don’t think I’ve been so hype for a DBZ game. …waits patiently.

2 Likes

I’m definitely playing the beta when it starts later this summer. Who else is gonna try to get into the beta on Xbone? Maybe we could do some early training.

Hopefully the beta doesn’t require a pre-order because I want to give it a whirl on Xbox.

1 Like

It probably will considering it’s a closed beta.

There are plenty of closed betas are on a sign-up basis.

And then I’m always met with said reactions: “How could you not like the best anime EVER?!” Everyone’s used to hearing how much everyone else loves DBZ, and I’m tired of hearing, “how could you NOT like it?!”

You do realize the gif response was a joke, right? Just checking.

Of course I do, but this isn’t about the gif, it’s the response to my facetious response.

I’m interested Dan. What is your favorite anime? If you don’t mind me asking, that is.

Hard to say, I’ve watched a lot since I began collecting 10 or so years ago. My overall favorite series would have to be Hellsing since I read and eagerly awaited each book while I was in high school and watched and eagerly awaited each OVA as they released over the years. I wouldn’t say Hellsing is the best of my favorites though since the quality of OVAs 8-10 kinda dropped significantly.

A few of my other favorites: SciADV series, though it would be the VNs not the anime (Chaos;Head, Chaos:Child, Steins;Gate), Gankutsuou, Mushishi, Fate series (barring the DEEN adaptations), Higurashi no naku koro ni, Shiki, Kino no Tabi

1 Like

Ooh! Nice Selection! :smiley:

There is a few in there I don’t recognize. Looks like I know what I’m doing!

Gameplay looks very Marvel, but with no assists or character swaps. So it’s 3v3 in the same model as KOF. It looks pretty good, especially for such an early build. I don’t know if I will be able to overcome my lack of interest in Dragonball. But for people who like it this really looks promising.

Are we in the second golden age of fighting games or what?

Have you ever seen Dragon Ball Z Abridged on YouTube? Don’t know if it’d help or not, but IMHO It’s rather hillarious, and might be a good place to start if you’re wanting to find a way to make DBZ more interesting.

1 Like

No, it has assists and character swaps like Marvel as well. More and more footage of it keeps popping up from the E3 demo, and there are moments where characters pop in with Ki blasts, and in one video I saw Vegeta pull off a delayed hyper combo style exchange with Frieza. I’ve also seen raw tag ins as well.

However, if I’ve also heard right from the gameplay reports, the assists have longer cooldowns than they do in Marvel. Also, any character KO causes a small cutscene to trigger of the current fighter and the new fighter coming in and clash, setting the positioning back to neutral and resuming the match, which is different from Marvel since a new on point characters just come in, and sometimes people rely on this for mixup potential to take out new characters quickly.

2 Likes

Huh. It’s funny that in the first demo video they didn’t do any swaps mid match or show any assists. But that’s interesting.

Probably cause they don’t have too much experience with the game beyond knowing movesets.

I don’t like linking to random channels, but this match shows them very early on.

Early in the video, Vegeta will come in and try to make an assist, but gets interrupted. However, you can see Vegeta’s picture in the background, and the word Assist! pops up with him. Also, very quickly afterward, Cell will do a hit confirm tag out with Majin Buu.

It also seems Frieza’s gold form is a level 3 super, and depending on the assist type, a character assist has a longer or shorter cooldown, but only one assist cools down at a time too. It has some Marvel level crazy to it, but a slightly more reigned in craziness. The on point characters are definitely the focus, and there doesn’t seem to be crazy touch of death combos left and right.

Frieza also seems to be a bit of a zoner in this game, he has several projectile and distance style moves that are enhanced by the gold form, which he can only stay in for about 15 seconds or so, I don’t have an exact count yet.

If you can, try watching it in 1080p 60 fps mode. Looks really awesome.