Dragon Ball FighterZ

I think it’s confirmed. In the past 5 years we got a reboot of KI, SFV, a new MVC, a new KOF, a new TEKKEN, a new MK and injustice, skullgirls and arc system games.

2 Likes

But no Primal Rage. :cry:

4 Likes

Most importantly, these games all have solid netcode. Meaning it’s actually worth it to try to play them online.

3 Likes

Kof would like to gave a word with you.

What? Is KoFXIV’s netcode STILL bad?

That’s too bad. I was thinking I might get it on PC.

1 Like

I’d loose my ■■■■ for a new Primal Rage game, even if it sucked.

2 Likes

i want … jacky chun and tao pai pai.

2 Likes

this is how it looks a 20% so how will it looks when reach 100%

It will probably look similar, with minor changes. ASW has likely built the game systems first, and are adding content now.

2 Likes

Odds are it’ll look almost the exact same, the other 80% is going to be characters, stages, menus, HUD elements, music, etc. The core fighting engine and visual representation is likely right around what it will be when it launches.

I assume that’s the “people die when they are killed” one? Fate/Stay? Which was one of the singularly most terrible anime I’ve ever had the misfortune to watch all the way through. Which is a shame, because I think Fate/Zero is actually up there as one of the best anime I’ve seen…right up until the ending anyway :sweat_smile:

But yeah, I loved DBZ, liked Dragonball, don’t speak of GT, and am pretty “meh” on Super. I think Z is far and away the best of the bunch, but I’m under no illusion that it was anything approaching a perfect show. I absolutely think it’s a classic, but it’s one with some pretty notable and glaring flaws that you just put up with because the action is awesome. That said, I’m actually ridiculously hype for this game right now! It’s the first game since KI that I’ve really been like “holy crap when does this come out!?” for. :persevere:

While I’m really hoping they stay away from just having multiple versions of characters (and what they’ve shown so far leads me to believe they will), I would be ok with them using a few of the characters from Super, if for no other reason than there actually are some cool character designs in there that I think could present interesting and unique varieties of gameplay. Hit and Beerus for example (and especially Hit) could have some very cool combat mechanics in the hands of a talented FG developer. And let’s face it, if the game is going to have anything even resembling a slice of gender diversity, they’d need to mine either Super or the movies. I think there are a grand total of 3 females in the Z universe who are capable fighters, and that’s if we include Chi-Chi… :sweat_smile:

EDIT: Also, game has been confirmed to feature both English and Japanese voices, so we’ll get to choose whichever we prefer. Which will be English for me, because no way in hell am I going to sit through hearing Goku and Gohan’s Japanese voicework.

Now all we need is for them to snag Bruce Faulconer for some of the music… :tada::rage::tada:

1 Like

HA HAHAHAHA
funny joke

1 Like

-shrug- Not my fault if some people don’t like good music.

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. Bruce had some good track like gohan angers and the ssj3 theme, but a majority of the tracks used in the old english dub were very generic and forgettable. Mainly serving to match the movement going on on-screen.

Yeah, the DEEN adaptation of Fate/stay night was pretty atrocious, from the horrible animation, to the failed attempt to mash 2 of the VN routes together. The ufotable adaptation of the Unlimited Blade Works route, which DEEN also made a horrible movie adaptation for, is your best bet to get into the Fate series if you don’t wanna read the VN.

And I’d submit that’s actually quite a good thing to have in a FG. KI’s soundtrack kind of shows how dynamic tracks can work to the advantage of a game when they’re catchy and well put-together. And I have to say I find Faulconer’s work quite a bit catchier than what the original had (which was often just ambient noise).

Piccolo’s theme, 16’s theme, Vegeta’s theme, The Unleashing, Goku going SS for the first time…DBZ dubbed actually has some very good tracks in my opinion. I’m normally of the mind that you keep the original music for a show, but in DBZ I think the dubbed version had much better music.

Japanese SSJ Transformation:

English SSJ Transformation::

I feel the same way about Gohan’s SS2 transformation, though I’ve certainly met others who disagree on that. But for my money, DBZ dubbed music is largely far superior.

1 Like