Dragon Ball FighterZ

I wouldn’t be so sure. There are quite a few ways to make overpowered mechanics work from a competitive standpoint. Guilty Gear has a guaranteed kill move that will instantly down you opponent, but it works quite well within the context of the game. Killer Instinct gives you the ability to instantly break out of any attack into combo, which if poorly executed could literally negate offense (particularly if the breakers did insane amounts of damage like we saw in the original). It’s all in the execution. We’ll have to wait until we know more to make any kind of real judgment.

The dragon ball mechanic might be like the Injustice 2 gear system, where cool and interesting variations on character toolsets are banned from competitive play. But it might also be like GG instakills, where the conditions for landing them make them uncommon to be seen, but they’re still viable, fair, and occasionally pulled out even in tournament play.

Thanks for the links @Dayv0 :slight_smile:

Low key though - Yamcha looks pretty sick! Looks like he might be a rekka character :eyes:

1 Like

Yamcha has an attack which intentionally drops the combo into an standing opponent(Second video, 1.09), and it has a cross up version(same video, 1.11).

He also has a version which, if connects, swiches sides with the opponent without knoking him(1.18), and another which steps backwards after a barrage(1.20)

Which means that Yamcha is a reset monster, and I’m already fearing you, @STORM179 :stuck_out_tongue:

All this attacks seem really good to set up resets, even more with assists like Vegeta’s which obscures the screen on block

Rekka sounds too fancy a term for this game. I’d say he just has a bunch of follow-ups for his moves.

Just to name one, Makoto from Blazblue series woks a lot with follow ups to her attacks.

It’s easy to see influence from other ArcSys games in DBFZ characters

Yamcha also reminds me to Valkenhayn

So…he has rekkas… :thinking:

4 Likes

IMO this could be either her intro or her outro

Not confirmed yet, but I’m pretty sure she will be playable

1 Like

@STORM179 Christmas came early.

2 Likes

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT I’M NOT GOING TO HEARD GOKU’S HORRIBLE JAPANESE VOICE???

2 Likes

Nobody likes a screaming 80 year old woman??

Not in the sense that I think you’re trying to say, but it’s whatever.

And I guess right now people are saying he looks like Yun.

This game looks GORGEOUS! Cell’s never looked so awesome before!

HELL YEAAAAAAA IT WIL HAVE ENGLISH DUB AWSOME .D lol

i dont hate gokus japanese voice i think its ok belive it or not lol

2 Likes

That’s literally what rekkas are.

1 Like

I just hope it’s not an all English or all Japanese type of thing. I would like to switch depending on the character.

J > E
I don’t wanna talk about it :rage:

Adult Gohan and Super/Kid Buu all but confirmed

2 Likes