Dragon Ball FighterZ

I wouldn’t include Gohan’s nerf between all the bad choices Buu saga made

Gohan was never a warrior. During all sayains, Frieza, and Cell saga, he always had potential, and we saw small flashes of it, when he attacked Raditz, Nappa, a couple of times in Namek, and finally when he was triggered against Cell and transformed into SSJ2. And then, we had peace for a long time, and he stopped training since his father(the one pushing him into training) wasn’t there.

I buy a weaker adult Gohan, because also, his max strenght peaks came when he was angered.

Dabura is around Perfect Cell strenght, and Gohan would probably wipe the floor with him at his peak, even as a boy. But now got soft, and I even note myself softer if I don’t go running for 2 weeks, how much could he got worse after years!

I don’t know how it was handled in FUNimation translation, but in the Manga(where I saw it), Gohan vs Dabura was a good fight, with good reasons about why Gohan couldn’t best him, even when he should

1 Like

It’s certainly not in the top 5 bad decisions of the Buu saga I agree. That arc had a lot more wrong with it.

This I buy less. While it’s true Gohan is no punch-drunk Goku who just loves to fight, the fact of the matter is that the kid spent basically 8 years or so doing just that. Like literally, his entire childhood was spent fighting to survive or in training. Furthermore, more than probably any character in the cast, Gohan just had a gift for it. Years of peace or no, the kid knows how to fight, and there’s little reason (to me) that he would just seem to forget how to battle to the extent we saw in the Dabura fight. He’s still canonically the strongest character in the series at that point (no one yet knows of Goku’s SS3), but it’s like he forgot the basic stuff about fighting, and I just don’t buy that at all.

1 Like

He dind’t forgot how to fight, just got soft. How many years happened between Cell and Buu saga? Seven?

Imagine how much fit you would lose if you stop training for seven years. ■■■■, just 3 years is enough.

Gohan knows how to fight. He is just softer. He didn’t actually lost to Dabura, the latter conceded in order to use Vegeta.

1 Like

Gyniu trailer =D

Looks awesome.

As for dabura, I’d really really like to see him in the game. Not because I love the character, because I don’t (he’s just ok, IMO), but because he could be a great addition to the cast, gamrplay-wise. Both him and gotenks are my pics for most gameplay potential the buu saga, followed by mystic Gohan and kid buu as the most likely.

4 Likes

Ginyu looks cool!

His assists works as 18/17: He makes a gesture and then an ally comes out.

They seem to work better as delayed assists, unlike 18/17 who works more as combo/preassure extenders

We only saw 2 assists at the same time, so we don’t know yet if he can use all at the same time. For now, you could put 4 characters in the screen at the same time(Ginyu+2 special forces+regular assist)

I like what I saw about him, hoping to see more soon!

3 Likes

Too bad they didn’t/couldn’t show off the switching mechanic but he looks pretty cool. Being unfamiliar with DB in general, I’m not yet set on a team but Ginyu will probably be on it.

1 Like

Did any of you hear about the accidental leak that stated that bulma was a playable charecter?

There was a Japanese store description of the game that included bulma when talking about the characters that you could play as

I saw the word leak, so I’m out of the convo for a while. If anyone wants to say talk about DBFZ, just @ me or send me a PM. :+1:t5:

2 Likes

I heard about it but decided not to read that specific leak. What I saw was different.

Could you put spoilers on things that aren’t confirm by bamco or arcsys? I’d greatly appreciate it.

Kid buu and ultimate gohan are pretty much in. 5 more chars left for the launch roster

1 Like

yea sorry

Bulma will not be playable in DBFZ

1 Like

Shame, she could beat anyone, since she is already Super Sayain Blue…

I’ll see myself out

11 Likes

There was an official stream that revealed what the dragon balls do. Although the people playing didn’t explain it probably because it was on accident or they weren’t supposed to but if you want to know

[spoiler]the video showed that upon activation you had the opportunity to choose

UP → Full HP Recovery
LEFT → Revive Teammate
RIGHT → Give Ultimate Power
DOWN → Give Immortality[/spoiler]

This is more game changing than mvc3 X mode although the dragon balls are not a garenteed option and has to be granted/collected in the round/rounds

Edit I hope I blurred that right

1 Like

I am pretty sure dragon balls will be banned at any DBFZ tournament…

I doubt it. They can’t just hand out immortality forever. It probably just lasts for a certain amount of time.

2 Likes

I think it will probably just won’t let your life go down 1% for a few seconds. In fact if I’m right the full power burst mode is more powerful than simple immunity from death. Burst mode heals you and at max strength it can sometimes out heal a persons level 3 super combo. Which will leave you with more life than you had before the combo. But if the immunity just leaves you at 1% of life then afterwards a simple KI blast can kill you.

I would say Up instantly refills your main character to full. Left would be to revive teammate, Right would be to restore your Sparking. Down would probably give very fast regeneration across your entire team.

Ginyu and Nappa gameplay:

Also, we can see the dragon balls

Some extra Info:

Nappa uses the Sabiamen as delayed assists. He plants them and then they assit him in battle. Slash attacks, grab-explosion and acid attack have been spotted

He also has an attack which throws a fireball behind him. Could be a counter to teleports?

Ginyu switch body super uses 3 bars, and has slow startup and invincible frames, working similar to 16’s suicide attack. Once the attack lands, the player who gets Ginyu can’t use this attack, and can’t call any special force assist in(which makes sense, since he is not the real Ginyu)

He uses several assists for the special forces. For now I have seen:
-Jeice and Burter’s Purple comet attack
-Burter*s Blue Hurricane
-Jeice’s Crusher ball
-Guldo’s telekinesis
-Guldo’s telekinesis throw
-Recoome’s Eraser gun(mounth energy wave)
-Recoome charging forward

Tien has a lvl 3 which consists in Chaozu using his signature suicide attack. Probably he will not be able to use him as assist since then

1 Like