Dragon Ball FighterZ

Lol. I’ve been utterly transparent about my dislike for the character and why. Every time someone says how much they want him in, I just groan inside. That said, if he makes it in, he needs to be at least semi-viable.

I don’t think Hit’s time skip is what makes him unique or interesting. He’s one of the very few characters in the post DB world who has a legit fighting style, as opposed to simply flying really fast and throwing hard punches.

His stance is basic in appearance, but I love how it serves as an actual reflection of who he is as a fighter (as opposed to the nonsense fighting pose of, say, Vegeta). It’s a basic close-in hands-up boxer’s stance, and unlike most of the cast he tends to actually fight from his stance. It’s a no-nonsense, non-flashy, and economical style, and it fits the revealed personality and aesthetic of the character in a way that DBZ and DBS normally ignore. Hit is a no-frills assassin who’s there because he’s working, and his fighting style (centered around single, effective hits and little extraneous movement) reflects that. Time skip is just a means to accentuate his core tendencies - it complements his existing fighting philosophy, as opposed to just being another character throwing some variety of beam.

Hit is a Pikkon clone? I literally just went back and watched the whole Goku vs Pikkon fight to see if I was missing something, and the two characters are nothing alike. Pikkon’s special attacks (consisting of a tornado, an energy field, and his fire blast) are wildly different in both look and application from anything Hit does, and the two characters are pretty visually distinct as well. :confused:

I love Pikkon and would be happy to see him make it in, but in all honesty he’s considerably less unique than Hit. With the exception of his tornado, everything the character does at a function level is already present in DBFZ. Say what you will about Hit, but his moveset automatically lends itself to something that is different within the context of the game.

5 Likes

I hope no one will play Nappa…so I can :smile:
So far so good as no one really commented after his trailer dropped.

1 Like

Sorry, but i’m playing him

(cough)

3 Likes

nah man you are wrong hit is not a pikkon clone

1 Like

Actually Nappa has several traits that I like (Huge heavy hitter, evil, slow, assist attacks…)

Right now, my most likely team members are:
Piccolo, 16, Gohan, Vegeta, Nappa

1 Like

We are one character away from being able to have team big. I hope we get Broly as a pure grappler

Well, technically Majin Buu fits into that category

Majin Buu-16-Nappa is a legit “team Big”

I just want to go on record saying I completely agree with this. I’m a huge believer in exercising the power that you have and then accepting the responsibility for your own decisions.

I’m afraid though, that the ship has sailed. Despite all the message board outrage DLC is here to stay, as are day one DLC, Season passes, random loot boxes (barring regulatory intervention from Uncle Sam) and all the other “practices” people claim to hate but still buy. These things make money and they make way more money than simply selling games. Because people buy them.

I suspect most of the complaining is from people who spend the money anyway, but resent it and people who don’t care all that much but think they might get something for free. If you read all the complaints you come away with the impression that people don’t want to have to pay for anything.

I think it’s pretty crummy when a tiny fan base for a niche game that has been as well received as DB Fighters (and the game is clearly being lovingly crafted by people who care about the property and about making a great fighting game - this is not just a cash grab) turns on the developer over a very common and more or less standard business practice. I am amazed that ASW is still able to be in business considering the size of the audience for their games (which are excellent even if they aren’t my personal favorites). Each project has the potential to kill this developer if it doesn’t go well and I don’t think many of the people whining about how tacky a day one season pass is appreciate just how unforgiving game development is. The world is not going to be a better place if the season pass for DBZ convinces other companies like Bandai Namco that it’s not worth investing in fighting games and drives one of the premier FG developers (ASW) out of business.

2 Likes

I will never understand haha.

Profound sadness but truth.

I wouldn’t say they are turning on the dev. This is a target for the video game industry and where it’s headed. This practice leads to customer dissatisfaction if the game lives up to standard. You are ensuring that I’ll commit to the game day 1. Day one dlc and season passes don’t give me the time to see if i like the game.

What if i get the dlc and i don’t like the game after trying it? I’m out of my dlc money. I don’t understand getting any EXTRA content before you have decided too commit to the base content.

I agree. I think they plan properly and budget correctly. They have been doing fighting games for years and kept the practice of reusing assets with minor changes until recently with guilty gear xrds 2.5d graphical change. They are committed but they aren’t making premier triple a games either.

3 Likes

That’s the reason I’ve yet to buy marvel v capcom infinite. I can’t justify the money for it and you know down the road you’ll get a complete edition down the line.
It’s the first game I’ve decided to wait for and I’m considering doing the same with Dragonball. 35 is alot for 8 characters.
Now I bought the ultimate injustice version that came with the season pass but that’s because I thought the base package was a far superior and complete experience and I don’t get that with the above 2 games

1 Like

I completely forgot he was in the game for some reason. I withdraw my statement, but would still like Broly to be a pure grappler.

1 Like

I am waiting for a complete and cheap MvCI as well. I have mixed feelings about that since I like to support fighting games as a rule. But every time I buy one of the MvC games I regret it. It’s just not my speed. So I figure I would rather regret $39.99 than $99.99.

I’m on the fence with this game. It’s so cool to look at that I have almost overcome my aversion to DragonBall. I may try the open beta (assuming it is open on xbox as well) to see how I feel. The game releases right at the same time as Monster Hunter World which is going to consume my life so I suspect I will hold off.

cmon 10% at most :slight_smile:

2 new characters next week

Kid Buu and Gotenks are my bets, with Dabura and adult Gohan as alternative reveals

1 Like

Dabura… :face_vomiting:

I want Hit or Beerus, and then Gotenks. :slight_smile:

aww come on man dabura was pretty cool tho lol but yea i do agree i want hit and beerus

Nah, never liked Dabura. He mainly served to hammer home how weak Gohan had become by the start of the Buu saga.

Heh, I find Dabura quite interesting for several factors, such as summoning weapons or turn-into-stone sptis.

He has several unique traits which isn’t frequent in DBZ. I could see the spits implemented as a temporal freeze, like Sub-Zero’s projectiles. It could even be a slow unblockable projectile. It could be his assist, so if you call him, he spits upwards, so you can set some situations where your opponent gets hit by it for sure.

To balance it, just make the combo scale a lot when hit by it

Lore-wise, he is not an evolving-self regenerating enemy, so that makes him quite unique again. I was never particularly fond of him, but at least he is clearly different from other major villains

PD: My personal preference for the remaining chars are Beerus, Hit, Gotenks, Kid Buu and Adult Gohan, in that order

1 Like

I will concede that Dabura would probably be pretty unique. I mostly disliked how his fight went because of the crazy nerf to Gohan…I can accept that that’s probably not a fair measuring stick for his inclusion or not.

1 Like