Dragon Ball FighterZ

I actually don’t think this is a firm example.

That’s okay, it’s a flimsy book.

1 Like

The game will launch with 24 chars. With 8 additional as dlc http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/
The site has four columns of eight chars. Seven chars left to be announced.

That then begs the question, what 7 characters would not be worth selling as DLC?

Kid buu, gotenks, beerus, adult gohan, broly, android 21, raditz( he is in every db game). Dlc is super chars

Hm. If we’re going with the idea that the remaining 7 are characters that wouldn’t make DLC super hype to buy, I’d guess:

1. Hit - very unique fighting style that has a ton of potential. Would be an asset to base roster, and cool enough that fans will get excited for him
  2. Gotenks - still unique look (especially in base form), still covers two characters, still has a super unique move set. Liked character, but probably wouldn’t move DLC packs
  3. Zarbon - not super likely, but I can dream. If nothing else, Ginyu using up the entire Ginyu force makes the inclusion of a Frieza lackey more likely
  4. Dabura - I’ve never thought him likely, but if we’re going with wack characters no one would want to pay extra for, sure, he fits the bill
  5. Janemba - cool char, but maybe not quite a DLC mover
  6. Android 21- we know she’s in the game and playing an important story role, so would be very surprised (and disappointed) if she didn’t make the base roster
  7. Califla - gives DBS another roster slot, and adds an additional female to the cast. Probably not popular enough on her own to move DLC bundles

As DLC, I’m guessing some big name characters who’ll make people want to buy the season pass.

1. Beerus - he could honestly swap with Hit for base roster spot, but no question he would probably move more DLC packs in my mind
  2. Broly - another virtual shoe-in for the cast at some point. Either he makes base roster, or they make him DLC and sit back as fans gobble it up just to get him
  3. Black - for some reason, I just feel like there’s a decent chance we see this character. He’s an asset reuse that makes sense and comes with fairly unique moves and functions. Also another character who I think could move DLC “units”
  4. Kid Buu - I’m still against clones, but he’s one of the more different ones, and people keep asking about him
  5. Babidi - I actually think a Babidi as a summoner/magician type character could he really cool. He’s not a unit mover obviously, but I feel like he’d be a good way to round out the roster
  6. GT dragon - a bit of a long-shot, but since the producer said fans of all eras would be happy, I wouldn’t be too surprised to see at least one GT character make it in. Preferably not a SS4 Goku/Vegeta, as there’s already two versions of them in the cast
  7. Drum/Bass/Tao - someone from DB has to make it in, right? Nappa kinda removes any semblance of power balance among the cast (if there was any left to begin with), so less concerned about maintaining relative power parity at this point.
  8. Cooler - another well-known movie villain. Probably has enough fans/recognition that he’d entice people to buy
3 Likes

For your GT Dragon, it could just be Omega Shenron.

As a side note: I’d buy a DLC just for Caulifla. Honestly, she’s the reason I’m watching the subbed version of DBS at the moment.

Given that they are placing the characters into heroes or villains, we have:

Heroes(8):
Goku, Vegeta, Kid Gohan, Future Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha

Villains(7):
Frieza, Cell, Majin Buu, 16,18, Nappa, Ginyu

Versions(My guess: Their slot is separated from the Heroes-Villains ones):
Blue Goku, Blue Vegeta

If there are 7 chars to be announced, some balance between Heroes and Villains is expected, which means 4 villains and 3 heroes

Heroes:
Adult Gohan
Gotrunks
Vegetto

Villains:
Kid Buu
Beerus
Dabura

If Blue Goku and Vegeta counts as heroes, then IMO the remaining characters are:

Heroes:
Adult Gohan
Gotrunks

Villains:
Kid Buu
Dabura
Beerus
Hit

I think Jiren Califula Hit toppo will be or should be base roster. Jiren and to a lesser extent Toppo ar the main antagonists right now in super. He is probably the Supers fan favorite character. Califula and Kale we need more females. I would like 8 females.

Pan
Califula
Kale
Ribrian
Vados
Chi Chi/ Videl
Mai

For a joke character give us LAUNCH from Dragonball and have a sneeze timer and guns.

I’m not getting the game anyway but Damn this dlc anger is a little… much.

At least from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

I don’t see them adding Jiren for a while. We just don’t know that much about him yet to make a moveset.

2 Likes

Good point as well

1 Like

Mr Satan HAS to be the joke character

I’d like Roshi as well, or Oolong morphing into things

They said no joke charecter will be made. But considering Yamaha and how the arc system and bamco twitter has taken to calling yamcha the all powerful lord and savior badass because they fell in love with his design and fight style(and let’s be honest they are right) despite how weak he is in the story. I think IF hercule and super maybe Roshi will get in they will make them fully viable competent charecters instead of purposefully making them weaker than the rest of the cast.

I agree but why can’t we have 2 joke. Team joke
Yamcha, Satan, Launch

1 Like

I like the destructive finish aesthetic to the game.

2 Likes

What about Gogeta SS4?

Really? when? I really want a joke character… oh well

1 Like

well what is your definition of joke character? your fine with a characters being intentionally bad with no redeeming qualities? that is what i think of as a joke character. a Dan who sucks because its funny to see Dan suck. i think the way they did krillin and yamcha is how they should do any “joke” charecter.

it would be cool if hercule had is trademark jetpack and had free form hover ability like the flying charecters from mvci or black manta from injustice. pro wrestling command grabs(flying jet pack RKO!) and his game boy color attack as his ultimate command grab y’know interesting qualities that would make hercule a viable charecter even if his zoning/combo damage isnt as good as other charecters.

I’m really tired of people complaining about DLC and making up weird categories of DLC to be offended by. “Day one” DLC, “DLC that’s announced before the game is released,” etc. boo hoo. No one is holding a gun to your head. Buy what you want and skip the rest or else wait for the price to drop. All this nerd rage is doing nothing.

I understand that people want to get the game without feeling gouged and if you don’t have money it’s frustrating. But that’s life people. It’s not unique to DLC. People need to get over it.

3 Likes