Dragon Ball FighterZ

Yeah, thing is, you watch marvel and each character has very different combos and setups (marvel 3, that is, mvci not so much, for now at least), so unless there is very little character diversity in the competitive world (and Umvc3 certainly suffered from that) there is a larger variety of actual action that the player is seeing.

I’m not saying I myself think DBFZ may get boring, but I have already seen a pretty common response among various forums stating that the characters all look to play the same and use the same combos. That is, indeed, an issue, if it doesn’t change in time (which I think it definitely will, so not really worried too much).

I agree sadly. Marvel is a ton of fun, but I find myself only doing the most optimal stuff to gain max damage. It sucks too, becuase most of the optimal combos are kinda boring to look at, like the standard “Staircase Flight combos” that every flight character NEEDS to have to be sucessful.

I have a Capt. Marvel, so I’m forced to learn these, or I can’t have her at her full potential. It’s very repetitive to go into flight combos because if not, I’m giving up a huge chunk I could have taken from the opponent.

1 Like

I got an idea for Black and Zamasu. What if they can act like a puppet character in a way? Zamasu doesn’t take any damage so it makes sense he would be the puppet. Takes some time to heal, but he can be knocked down though. Black is still the main fighter. Make things like Zamasu lock the opponent down while Black strikes. Even add a level 5 fusion super that lasts for the rest of the game. I feel like it would be neat.

1 Like

@Dayv0 I think zoning in this game is strong as a “surprise” action to take a bit of life or get a quick confirm into super, but fullscreen, sustained zoning is difficult and somewhat ineffective. The options to get through projectiles are too easy and damaging to make someone commit long term to zoning, but it can definitely be a strong option to take some life off an opponent approaching carelessly.

As a note though, “true” beam specials (Goku/Krillin kamehameha, 18’s disc) cannot be homing dashed through. If someone is spamming beam specials from fullscreen, you’re going to have to super through it or go around the long way. So in that regard, zoning actually can be somewhat viable (I say “somewhat” because meter is so prevalent that you will risk a hard punish in fairly short order). I also think that beamless zoning might wind up being a thing though - characters like Buu that have very long limbs are able to control spaces that most of the cast can’t really contest in.

@Skryba I actually think that many of the people who feel the game’s combos look “samey” will probably continue to think so. The game has some cool conversions/extensions, but I do get the sense that the variety of combo types won’t approach anything seen in a Marvel title. The combo format will likely wind up being at least decently similar across the board, such that long combos have similar DNA regardless of who exactly you’re playing.

@Sasuke99I That could be cool.

1 Like

Its rare, but I did see Nicky make it to top 4 in Injustice 2 at a recent tournament. There aren’t a whole lot of KI players, so moving in to another populous game probably gets them lost in the crowd.

On topic, I’m interested in Ginyu and by the description it sounds like he has assists/special moves kinda like Captain Commando. I’m also very intrigued by the Swap mechanic, looking forward to seeing how that works.

1 Like

Nicky is actually quite good at Injustice 2 - he tends to be Top 16 or 32 for most of the events he enters I think. He isn’t a consistent Top 8 player or anything, but he’s a pretty solid threat to anyone outside of that tier of players. Sleep I think has tended to sit around Top 32 or just outside as well, though I believe Nicky is more consistent overall thus far.

2 Likes

Translation:

Thanks to xbox live, we know that DBFZ may come on January 26, and the game has a pass for 8 DLC chars

2 Likes

“The CollectorZ Edition of DRAGON BALL FighterZ does not come with the Season Pass.”

This is unfair… I can’t believe that I got ripped off. :confused:

3 Likes

Thats a very odd stance for them to take. I mean, it’s clear they put a different value to each…but asking close to 200.00 for the pass and collector’s edition together seems too high.

@KevBones10 you can’t cancel your preorder?

EDIT - Well, there’s an Ultimate Edition supposedly coming out now that will include the season pass, but seems to have all together different content from the Collector’s Edition.

I can cancel my preorder. But I’m disappointed that DBFZ collector edition don’t have season pass… I mean Collector Edition is expensive than Ultimate Edition. :confused:

3 Likes

Although a season pass is expected in any FG, it always annoys me when you know how many chars(or even worse, which chars will it contain) will the season pass have without actually knowing the base characters.

2 Likes

I was thinking that 8 characters and some extras is almost a KI season… but the DBZ crowd is getting really mad at Bamco for this.

How much have we paid for KI over the years?

season 1, 2, 3, 3.5, costume packs, KI Gold… I may have spent 200€ in this game.

Wait, figurines, comics… I have spent 300€ on damn KI…

2 Likes

I’m probably wrong but there might be a chance to unlock the characters for free. Notice how it’s possible to get dragon balls in the game?

Dragon Balls are an in match mechanic. I doubt DLC characters will be available for free.

1 Like

Yeah. I thought so. Xenoverse 2 did have a thing where if you collect some Dragon Balls, you can unlock new characters…now I’m just reaching.

It’s not the fact that they are getting dlc is the bad thing. It’s the fact that nearly 4 months in advance before the game is even out they are announcing dlc season pack.

Sometimes I feel like even if they are planning a dlc season pass they should hide that fact until at least launch day so people don’t assume that they are making dlc content before the base game is even finished as released. Content that should probably be in the base game

1 Like

I hadn’t seen it that way… you are totally right. I guess they saw the levels of hype the game has generated and thought they could get away with this BS…makes sense

1 Like

@HailFireSpawn and @Filemoncio

While I don’t fully disagree that announcing DLC before the game is released is a bad move, I believe there are other reasons why they would announce it now. Since a lot of people are assuming for the developers, this post will be assuming as well. Just a warning.

Let’s go back to E3 really quick. During interviews, Producer-san had said she was very surprised at the amount of love they were receiving for the game. I choose to look at this and the DLC announcement hand in hand. During early development (before E3) ArcSys was probably tossing around character ideas with Bamco, and there were characters that got left on the cutting room floor. After the reaction from all of us at E3, Arcsys and Bamco picked those characters back up off the floor and said, “Here’s some more funding for DLC.”

I will agree with you, that announcing the DLC a week or so after release would have been better, but they could just see this as an extra purchase option that people can make the choice to pay for or not. Honestly, I’ll probably buy it, because I’ve been a fan of DragonBall for 20 years. But that’s up to each person to make their own decision.

I probably could have said this a lot better, but there it is.

1 Like