Dragon Ball FighterZ

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Heh. Thatā€™s like Piccolo or Trunks being confirmed. Nice to have news, but 100% expected.

I hope they make 17 a blazing fast monster. That was always that characterā€™s claim to fame - just the idea that he was crazy, crazy fast.

Sure, he one-shotted the world on his debut, but after the Kamicollo fusion we got the memorable (if dubious) line that ā€œyeah, Goku hits harder.ā€ Setting aside the fact that I donā€™t recall Goku ever routinely turning someoneā€™s chest cavity into a rubber band, I think itā€™d be cool to see that emphasis on speed vs power take place in the game.

Iā€™m really excited for DBFZ. :smile:

2 Likes

When DBFZ was announced, 17 was not on my list on characters I wanted to main.

But after DBSā€™ recent episodes heā€™s a mainstay lmao

1 Like

Super continues to largely be an exercise in aggressive mediocrity, but yeah, 17 is pretty cool.

He ultimately decided to be just as stupid about letting people power up as everyone is in DB (to include Z, though Super is generally worse about it), but at least his initial inclination was ā€œsee opening->exploit openingā€.

Seriously though, I think 60% of what makes Trunks cool is that heā€™s the only character in the whole damn series who actually cares about winning. He doesnā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā–  around and he doesnā€™t care about having a good battle - he just wants to get ā– ā– ā– ā–  done.

2 Likes

True. Shame heā€™s not good at it.

Yeah, plot is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . :joy:

Whenever he actually is stronger than his opponent though, the fight doesnā€™t last more than an episode. Mecha Frieza, future androids and future Cell - when Trunks has the upper hand, dude doesnā€™t mess around. I think King Cold is about the only time we ever saw him actually play around with an opponent, and that still only took about 3 minutes.

For a guy who ā€œisnā€™t good at winningā€ and appears relatively little in the show (single arc for both Z and Super), Trunks has racked up a pretty impressive kill count actually.

1 Like

Donā€™t even bother with leaks here unless thereā€™s motion gameplay.

1 Like

Booooo! I hate roster leaks >.<

Iā€™ve managed to avoid all the Marvel Infinite roster leak info. Donā€™t really want to have to do the same for DBFZā€¦itā€™s been a lot of fun hunting down every loose bit of information I can about the game.

2 Likes

Oh donā€™t worry, that video above my previous post is crap.

1 Like

Yup. Just a slideshow with random Dragon Ball characters that wouldnā€™t even make sense. Kaioshin? Not happening!

Itā€™s not that these characters arenā€™t believable. Kaioshin was in the Budokai series and Baby would be an ideal GT rep IMO.

But this video is literally a slideshow with generic music and stock art. Like this guy didnā€™t even try.

1 Like

I mean, if you played Marvel 3, you know pretty much all the characters that are coming. Thatā€™s the gist of the leaks, plus a few sub-bosses.

Oh, Iā€™m sure. Iā€™m just philosophically against learning of a gameā€™s cast via leaks. I donā€™t want to know what a movie is about (more than the broad strokes) before I see it, and I donā€™t care to know a FGā€™s roster before the providing company is set to reveal that info. I like my character reveals to be accompanied by trailers and highlight reels - I donā€™t want to learn of an entire roster by some youtuber talking over a collection of stock images.

2 Likes

Since weā€™re talking about 17, what do people think his level 3 super will be?

Iā€™d personally like to see it be a one shot punch where he just decks the opponent with that physics-defying elastic gut punch, and the opponent just crumples to the ground after. I think thatā€™d be super sick, and I honestly canā€™t think of any more iconic move that the character has. Only other option I can think of would be some kind of tag team assault with 18, but thatā€™s honestly just way, way, less cool :-p

Only hang up would be if ASW wants to actually take the time to generate whatever script or process it would take to generate that bulge effect for every character in the game, but itā€™d be really nice to see this callback to DBZ. :slight_smile:

So what about you guys? What do you think 17ā€™s level 3 super will or could be? For that matter, what do you think 18ā€™s (if anything, Iā€™ve always thought she was even more likely than her brother) will be?

1 Like

Maybe they can take a note from episode 102 of Super and have him do that ridiculously fast beatdown from there and finish it with that huge blast. I dunno

After all 17ā€™s more iconic moves involves teaming with 18 in some fashion Iā€™m just thinking about 17 individually.

EDIT: maybe theyā€™ll him Super Electric Strike from the Xenoverse games

Iā€™ll have to look that attack up. Iā€™m not too familiar with the Xenoverse games.

I hope they donā€™t go for the ā€œzipping through the opponent from multiple directions beatdownā€ to be honest. While a cool visual, itā€™s just seen a ton in FGā€™s I feel like. Ragnarok, maximum Wesker, etc. Someone in GGā€™s got a super like that, someone in BlazBlueā€™s has one as well, UNIEL also if Iā€™m not mistaken. Iā€™d prefer something more unique I think.

1 Like

Curious as well maybe give him some moves from a bit of GT or the other android movies. Damn this game is hype as hell, waits patiently for beta.

Even in GT he barely did any moves worthwhile unless for some strange reason they give him super 17ā€™s moves which wouldnā€™t make sense

Meh. ā€œMovesā€ in GT mostly just translated to some different variety of fireball attack. Thatā€™s a big part of why no one liked itā€¦the characters almost never actually fought.

Level 3ā€™s do tend thus far towards projectiles though. Iā€™m hoping they manage to squeeze a bit more variety out of the cast for future characters though.