Dragon Ball FighterZ

Yeah Piccolo and Krillin were shoo ins at this point. Can’t have a DB game without them.

I’m still salty of what happened to him in Super

Speaking of Super, While I’ll admit it had some questionable choices (the black arc ending still annoys me to this day) to me it’s still a pretty interesting watch just to see what happens. That and it’s fun to theorize on it

Where is my Broly.

1 Like

That SOB’s pretty much a shoo in at this point

1 Like

In a nutshell:
-Strong characters(Guess: Goku, Vegeta, Cell…) have longer cooldown periods for assists
-Weaker characters(Krillin) can use their assists more oftenly

Hopefully we get NO characters from super. That show is a disgrace to the DB franchise

That’s actually a very elegantly simple way to “buff” the assists of the weaker characters, without having to think up of or give them shenanigans such as unblockable assists or the like. I was kind of having fun theory crafting what kinds of nutty assists some of the weaker characters would have though, so I hope they also do a bit of that as well. Should be interesting to see what the difference in cooldown timers is though.

Heh. I dunno, much as I dislike it, it’s still a ways better than GT was :joy:

6 Likes

Hopefully Hit

Yeah you might be disappointed in the future. Super’s way too popular right now to not have super characters at some point. (probably dlc)

Plus Super does have some pretty interesting characters like Hit for example

1 Like

@STORM179 GT is a hundred times better. Super is just disrespectful. Everyone behaves like a clown and the plot is so forced.

@DiagonalSpy07 . Its a shame that money has the last word on everything. The classic DBZ has all the content we need

Different strokes I suppose.

I like both but personally I had more fun with Super (after the movie retellings) than GT. Neither are perfect but to me at least there were way more interesting characters that were actually worth a darn aside from GT’s “Goku Time”.

But on the flipside I LOVE ssj4 more than Blue (still my favorite transformation to this day). To me felt like the very pinnacle of a saiyan instead of (as Frieza would put it) “super saiyan blue hair dye”.

Not to mention both fall prey to the meaning of “good ideas, bad execution”

Honestly, I would love to see some GT and DBZ movie characters in this game. But I don’t think we will see GT characters in DBFZ because they are not very popular. Sorry. :confused:

I’m pretty sure Beerus, Hit and other Super characters will be playables.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the funny thing to me about Super. I actually think it really has introduced some cool characters - it just hasn’t done most of its fights well enough to really realize the potential therein. That’s part of my issue with the show - I think it’s largely wasting some pretty cool character concepts.

Lol. As opposed to GT, where everyone was even more useless than they tend to be in Super. I give the show a lot of grief over its treatment of characters not named Goku or Vegeta, but at least Super has included Piccolo and Gohan and even some of the older forgotten Z warriors. In GT, those characters were utterly irrelevant at the beginning and stayed irrelevant. GT also has, for my money, the absolute worst fights of the series, to very much include the original Dragonball produced in 1986. GT fights were mostly just beam battles, and not especially good ones at that.

I will grant that I probably liked the personalities of the main characters more in GT than in Super though. Goku in Super absolutely infuriates me >.<

9 Likes

I’m not a fan of the source material, and one of the reasons for that is I don’t like the art style. That’s just a personal preference.

But I can be objective enough to look at these screens and be blown away by how well ASW is capturing the look of the anime. Using 3D sprites that look like hand drawn images. No wonder people want to work with them.

Between ASW and Platinum Games awesome work on animated 3D cell shaded transformers (in an otherwise mediocre game), I don’t know why we aren’t seeing more of this stuff.

1 Like

I may have found my team. So excited! :smiley:

1 Like

just found this new especial move from frieza… is like a unique assit attack from a none playable character .

Has there been any word as to if Funimation is going to be doing English voices? I would assume it’s a given, but then again there hasn’t been any footage involving anything but the Japanese voices so far.

English voices have been confirmed for the game, not sure where though.

2 Likes

Tooooooommmmooorrrrooow! :smiley:

3 Likes

Lol good.

1 Like