Done with KI

Dear @SonicBros3D,
I am sorry that you are not as good a KI player as you want to be, and that you lose more matches than you would like. I am also sorry that when you lose those matches instead of trying to figure out how to be a better KI player, you simply say that the problem is with KI and it should be changed to be more like other games so that you can be better at it. There is a word for this attitude, but I will refrain from using it in this conversation for purposes of civility. For the record though, ā€œDumb play beating fundamentalsā€ is not a thing. Play that wins is, by definition, smart play. It is not ever dumb in a competitive game to do the things that win and defeat your opponent.

When you lose, the other player is in fact better than you at KI, and thatā€™s why he wins. I know this is hard to admit, especially if you have a high opinion of your own skills because of success in other games. But when you are playing KI, you are not playing other games. You are losing at KI. So, the question then becomes, who is the ā€œdumbā€ player? I would respectfully suggest that it is the guy losing. There is a very old parable about a fox and some grapes that addresses the dangers of a ā€œthis game is dumb anywayā€ attitude and gives us the expression ā€œsour grapes.ā€

It is fine for you to not like KI. I donā€™t like KOF. But I donā€™t run to the KOF bulletin board and tell the players there that KOF is a terrible and stupid fighting game and that they should change it to make it more like KI so that I can use my skills at KI to be more successful at KOF. I do, however, enjoy VF and Iā€™m very surprised that you can praise a game with such incredible fast and unreactable specials you can claim to enjoy VF but hate KI for being like Smash Brothers.

In short, whether you stick around and try to improve your KI experience, or whether you return to games that you enjoy more I wish you the best of luck and happiness. But please, for your sake and for ours, stop coming to the forum to say that KI is terrible and should be changed in every way because it isnā€™t working out for you. KOF already exists and I understand there is a wonderful new version available. KI doesnā€™t need to be KOF, please allow for it to continue to be KI.

All the best,
Andy

17 Likes

Let me guess, shadow lord garbos is the real reason you mentally quit ki?

I didnā€™t read all your text omg no.

I donā€™t want to be good at KI or competitiv lol. As a fighting game itā€™s a joke, there is too much BS and bad things to deal with, i just canā€™t invest myself in this cause itā€™s not for me lol no buenoā€¦

Why would i learn and be good at the game ? I donā€™t like it and donā€™t play it anymore, didnā€™t buy Season 3, etcā€¦

And i had like a lot more wins than loses btw, but who care ?

Ok then. Goodbye, and I wish you all the fun and success in whatever games you choose to play in the future. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Do you really have nothing better to do that stick around here and whine?

2 Likes

Can we just close this thread?

3 Likes

Get lostā€¦

1 Like

lol ā€œIā€™m done with KIā€ proceeds to stay on official forum to talk about the game he does not like nor play instead of playing whatever game he does like.

3 Likes

I think we are done here.

@xSkeletalx

1 Like

I DONā€™T UNDERSTAND THIS AT ALL!!! Like reeeeallly?!

If youā€™re done just leave. The door is right there. No need to make an announcement. Espically on the official forum.

3 Likes

Itā€™s because people have nothing better to do than to try and attempt to piss people for their own enjoyment these people are called trolls or douchebags pick your poison.

2 Likes

This is pure trolling. You donā€™t want to actually learn the game, and because of your admitted ignorance with regard to it, you assume things like ā€œthereā€™s too much BS and bad things to deal withā€ even though several people with far more knowledge than you have easily refuted your claims, yet all you can come back with are bad, stupid and boring.

Iā€™d go on, but I donā€™t want to exceed the limit of your attention span, so Iā€™ll just leave it at this: Learn to actually play the game. Learn from good players and see how they use tech for each character. If you still find it to be bad, stupid and boring, then go play something you actually enjoy rather than coming here to announce that youā€™re leaving and spread negativity.

I swear, the narrow-mindedness of some people in the FGCā€¦ ā€œThis isnā€™t exactly what I enjoy so itā€™s trash!ā€ GTFO with that nonsense. If you like something, play it, if not, go play something else. Why even bother being toxic about it?

6 Likes

Why are you still even here?

I have a serious question for you guys, I mean @BigBadAndy, @Iago407 and others. Why do you guys waste your time one narrow-minded people who are abundantly stubborn and blatantly abnoxious?

I know you guys mean well and glad you guys stick up and speak the truth. I just canā€™t help but want to gouge my eyes out when I see an incredibly constructive post being responded with, ā€œomg lol duurr too long omg Jesusā€. Like why!? Why continues your posts and responses after something like that? Storm did the most reasonable thing by just saying goodbye and good luck.

Iā€™m going on too long but seriously guys, donā€™t waste your time on it, you guys are too reasonable and respectful to have to waste time on nonsense.

2 Likes

Canā€™t waste time if you donā€™t have anything else to do right?

I guess, but even then these jerks donā€™t deserve it.

But it is fun :smiley:

Lol.

Because Iā€™m having fun. Iā€™m kind of a windbag who likes to put together a good argument and present it. I always kind of assume that no one is being held hostage to the forums and people will read stuff, or not, as they see fit. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s loads of people who come to my name in a thread and just scroll on past, and thatā€™s fine by me. This is one of the challenges of text communication - you canā€™t communicate tone or modulate your statements with body language. I can count the times I have posted while angry on one hand, and thatā€™s since the launch of the very first DH version of this forum. Iā€™m really just trying to have a chat with people - and it sure beats working!

2 Likes

Dude

Gargos, Aganos, Aria, Kan-Ra, Shadow Jago, Arbiter, Glacius, Raam, Sadiraā€¦

What is that kind of BS ???

I saw people saying KI is the most ballanced fighting game, wtf these MUs can be hell lmao and weā€™re not playing a fighting game anymore right here and sometimes itā€™s Mario Bros lol.That is why i said KI is Smash Bros, and look that all these guest characters !?!!

I want to play a fighting game like it was still the case early Season 1 and maybe Season 2ā€¦

I donā€™t want to block forever full screen for the guy finish his yolo BS, and by the way there is too much sh*t happening to the screen in this game.

Whatever guys look at my posts in this thread, iā€™ve listed what was bad in this game, and donā€™t just keep 1 or 2 things to get me wrong.