Disney buying the rights for X-Men and Fantasic Four

nothing wrong with your opinion, it is ■■■■■■ to treat someone that way

YAAAAAAYYYYY IT’S OFFICIAL

It’s OFFICIAL Marvel & Fox have merged to the tune of $71 Billion under the Disney parent company name, so now the X-men, Fantastic Four, etc are now one again

From MSN:
Marvel Complete Collection
In 1994, struggling financially, Marvel Entertainment Group sold off the film rights to the X-Men, Deadpool and Fantastic Four properties to Fox. The proposed merger will return the superhero franchises to Disney and their Marvel Studios. This opens a lot of possibilities for Marvel after their world-smashing, interlocked universe of films closes a major story arc with the release of the untitled Avengers: Infinity War sequel scheduled for May 3, 2019. Twenty new Marvel movies are planned through 2028, including Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Spider-Man: Far From Home and Captain Marvel . Where the Fantastic Four and the X-Men fit is unknown, but Marvel is unlikely to leave new toys in the box.

It’s also unknown what the merger will mean for movies already in-production at Fox, including new X-Men series entries The New Mutants and X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

UGH can I just have Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 & a Marvel fighting game please

And a Psylocke origins film

1 Like

THIS!!!

1 Like

I love this guy. This is his suggestion of how Disney should start their X-Men movie franchise.

1 Like

The Eternals sounds like a great film series and a great origins of Thanos
Lots of potential for a modern ‘Star Trek ‘ vibe creatures cgi etc
I had no idea he was the product of the somewhat parallel x- men storyline

If they make a MUA3, I hope it’s gameplay is more like the old X-Men Legends games instead. The watered-down brawling of the MUA games was nowhere near as fun IMO.

In the case of the Marvel fighter, which would everyone want to see? An MvC-style team fighter? A more traditional fighter like Injustice? Or a full 3D fighter in the style of Soul Calibur or Tekken? I’m pretty sure they would go the Injustice route of gameplay but I would like to see a Marvel-based game be more ambitious and try the 3D route but cram some of the crazier aspects of MvC gameplay into it.

And with that said, as great as it would be to see a solo X-men movie not about Wolverine I don’t see a Psylocke movie happening in the near future. At least not in a world where they keep pushing other characters like Phoenix and Storm to the forefront instead. Publishers have a nasty habit of pushing “safe” characters after all, usually leaving the more interesting characters to rot in obscurity. It’d be nice to have the variety though, as long as it’s well made.

Nice exploration-
On the fighting game, I’d expect a 3d as a 2d drawn sprite game may take forever and is more tedious, unless they go with guilty gears’ anime 3d style-
They have so many characters with different powers it wouldn’t need a crossover or guest character at ALL

Contest of champions is a great example.
If they enhanced these 3d models and moved them into a new engine, expanded movesets and create a combo system/ detailed supers, it would be amazing

Cinematic Universe
On the films- unfortunately it probably won’t be until 2020 until we see something substantial, but
I wouldn’t mind seeing one that has multiple origins- and say you see how they come together but each character in that particular movie gets probably about 10 minutes of their origin up to date, say like a flashback in a movie

Also, it’s more about popularity with the audiences rather than ‘this character stormis out longer than Psylocke, so she gets a chance for a movie ‘ I mean look at Ant Man.

Maybe wishful thinking, but I hope the proposed x-force movie gets made next-

Ideally yes, but even after all these decades Marvel still seems fit to push Avengers or other popular characters overall (and Ant Man just happens to be an Avenger of course). I’m not saying it wouldn’t ever happen, I mean we got a Venom movie in the works after all (and judging from the trailer Sony uploaded yesterday it looks to be decent), but most of the time I’m seeing more pushes done for Avengers characters than the characters deemed obscure by non-comic readers.

I guess it could be worse, we could get the characters but presented in the worst way possible (like that Titans show that’s trying too hard to be dark and edgy).

Before they got their movies, characters like ant-man and dr. Strange we’re considered obscure charactees that no one knew.

But my problem with giving Psylocke a movie is that she’s a side character. She was created to be a character that was part of a team and then given her own story later. I don’t think that should be done. (For the record, I don’t like the idea of a Venom movie either, or any of the myriad of movies DC is going to make about sidekicks). If the MCU starts doing X-Men, they should just make movies about the team, which is what the x-men was created to be. The avengers were created to be their own characters, then were put together in a team. It’s different.

Also, I think we all should have learned by now that trailers almost never properly convey the feel and idea of the product they’re advertising. So I think we should wait to judge Titans till it’s actually out and we can actually watch it.

1 Like

I disagree, I think having well-made movies about lesser known characters can actually be good from time to time, it’s far better than having a million movies about Batman, Spiderman, and Wolverine every few years. But to be honest, I’ve always been open to the idea of giving the spotlight to the more obscure characters in media; it’s like how they put characters like Spiral and Marrow in MvC2, which was a nice gesture as we otherwise never saw those characters again. And say what you want about them being in over Thor, but unlike Bone-Claw Wolverine (who was literally a clone of Wolverine with very little changes) I felt their existence in MvC2 was actually justified.

Ultimately, as long as the movie doesn’t end up as bad as Elektra (the Daredevil spinoff film for those who don’t remember) or other failed productions, I don’t why a movie based on someone like Psylocke would be an inherent problem. It’s still better than risking stagnation with the main franchises.

I’ve been burned enough times by hype over the years, especially from DC. Plus if their previous works was indication enough, it’s been made somewhat clear they haven’t totally learned from their mistakes, so there’s still a chance something can go wrong with this new show.

1 Like

Except it’s being made by the guy who helmes the Arrowverse. All of those shows are really good. Why would this be any different.

I think X-Men are too popular for their own good. To the point where side characters are just as popular, if not more popular than characters who were created to stand on their own in their own stories. Say what you want about how the mcu has formed, each character’s origin stories all stand independent of each other as their own films. Because that’s what they were created to be. I have the same problem with Batman. I don’t want to get to the place where we get the 50th X-Men spin-off movie instead of someone who stands 100% on their own finally getting some time in the spotlight. If they make a movie about Gambit or Psylocke instead of a movie about someone independent like Moon Knight or Namor, then I think they are misusing the properties.

So yeah. Call me whatever you want. But i’m Glad the x-men embargo happened. Because more interesting characters that aren’t part of Xavier’s School of Gifted Youngsters actually got a chance to stand on their own and shine for once.

As a note, a goodly chunk of the MCU is composed of previously B or C-list characters. Even Iron Man was very much a B-tier hero in the comics when he got his movie (a part of the Avengers, but nowhere near the focus he’s got now). Ant-man, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Dr. Strange…many of the iconic characters as we think of them now weren’t particularly thriving before the MCU bumped them up a few pegs.

Marvel was essentially run (business wise) for many, many years as the X-Men plus Spider-Man. Many of its characters have long histories so we think of them as being top-tier heroes, but within the universe itself lots of those guys had been relegated to the background for decades. There’s a reason Sony bought the properties that it did from them.

Honestly I forgot how big X-Men were back in the day, even back in the 1990s I had pretty much dropped Marvel cartoons in favor of DC’s shows (Batman TAS and Justice League were big parts of my childhood). Still, we know that once Marvel gets the X-Men ball rolling again they’ll just make more movies of Wolverine and the other famous characters like Fox did for the last decade, hence why I feel they should give other characters a chance if they’re gonna go that route.

The last thing anyone wants is a CoD-style incident where they do the same exact thing for years, causing the whole franchise to go stale because they refused to take risks with the formula.

It’s probably not the best example, but I still remember how Ridley Scott basically ruined the Aliens franchise he had started decades ago, which in turn makes me wary for these types of situations. But either way you’re right, it’s still far too early to judge. Hopefully I’m wrong about these things for once.

Anyone know anything about this?

If they add Psylocke it’s a buy…
seems it would look like a screen of overwatch / fortnite where you just see the hands/ arms in front of you

x-force featuring Psylocke in Marvel’s Future Fight app!!!

Psylocke!!!
Omg

What is that? A mobile game?

Yes! Download now!

Wiccan is in it

Whomever does the art for this little mobile game deserves to work on the console version.
Best art I’ve seen of 3d marvel characters to date

They should’ve shown this trailer at EVO

I still don’t play mobile games.
Would be nice to have a proper console game with Psylocke in it though.

1 Like