Dark souls

I am going melee style in DS2. Thinking of sorcerer in DS3.

This boss is up next.

#WHOā€™S READY FOR NEW GAME PLUS?!

Not me. Iā€™m going to bed.
But I have all the stuff I want so Iā€™m good. I wonā€™t be using this loadout per se, but it was perfect screenshot material.

1 Like

Sorcerers in DS games always have an uphill battle. Be aware that the hill in DS3 is steeper & longer than DS 1 & 2.

In Iron Keep now. Lots of lava but no sign of Cinder yet.

1 Like

Ah yes, the Weaboo knights with their katanas and chivalry :joy:

Smelter Demon. 5th try. With summon.

Thereā€™s more than one smelterdemon.

1 Like

Yikes, that doesnā€™t bode well. I am battling the first one I encountered in iron keep.

While the Smelter Demons (Fiery Red one and Magical Blue one in the DLC) are both optional, the Iron Keep Smelter Demon opens a very helpful bonfire up, as well as a Mini-Pursuer fight for a neat ring. :slight_smile: Good work, comrade.

1 Like

I think I will have a DS burnout. Been grinding for two days lol. Have defeated some major bosses and numerous optional ones. In between I have been leveling my pale beauty, Mira :woman:

After DS2, I will go to Tomb Raider dlc or quantum break first and then DS3. Btw, whereā€™s Blood and Wine dlc?

Iā€™ve been playing Dark Souls 2 to wind down from Finals and trying to figure out Mira (the latter being surprisingly more stressful than the former) and Iā€™m discovering more and more that New Game Plus really does seem to want to hurt me. I mean, itā€™s an awesome addition, but sometimes it goes from a lovely boost in challenge to rather insane levels of frustration. I can totally dog more overworld enemies, but when you start giving bosses friends I start getting cross. It took The Lost Sinner from ā€œPossibly one of the easiest bosses to killā€ to "STAY IN ONE PLACE, ALL OF YOU. AND GET YOUR SWORD OUT OF MY BUM WHEN Iā€™M TRYING TO DEAL WITH THE FIRE CHUCKERS, YOU BIMBO"
I still killed her, but it was rather annoying.
I am starting to really enjoy fighting Pursuers, though. Weā€™ve both got shields and Ultra Greatswords, so it turns into a sort of dance or dual and itā€™s great.

June. Itā€™s said to be as large as Skellige islands <3

1 Like

Made it to Drangleic Castle. Question if I may, should I do the DLC portion before taking on the King? I probably wonā€™t come back to DS2 soon once I complete main story/portion of the game.

(For example, I really liked the Witcher 3 DLC but I wish that I had completed it before finishing the main quest. That to me was the real end of the game for me).

A lot of the DLC areas are significantly more challenging than the main game, IMO. So it may be best to take care of the main game and do your stuff before hand. Though if youā€™re looking for a sense of closure, by all means go find the keys and give em a shot!

Thank you. I see.

Well, I might not start the DLC until later this year. It already took me a year before actually playing DS2 after buying it around middle of last year, lol.

Got the Bling Bling aka the Kingā€™s Ring

1 Like

Finally finished DS2. It was worth it. Very painful at times but very enjoyable.

If I hadnā€™t bought a digital copy then I might no have finished this game (usually, I sell my physical copies if I end up not playing the game after purchase).

Also, glad I didnā€™t get DS3 last month, otherwise I would have missed another great entry in the series.

Thanks for the great advice everyone. See you in DS3, maybe.

1 Like

By the way, I just saw on the Xbox Store that it is May 31st for the next Witcher DLC.

Fume Knight is whooping my behind.

1 Like

Phew, that was tough. Got the crown! Now for the optional stuff, before taking on the last two DLC :relaxed:
At this rate I cannot start DS3 until June. Also, Witcher 3 DLC is coming. Too much to do!

1 Like