Creating the Music for "Kim Wu"

Agree with dat. Fulgore is, with Riptor, the only fails of Gordon.

Wtach this video reassured me a lot. To be honest, i was very sad by the leaving of Gordon, since he was for me THE thing that made me love the New KI.

Kim Wu track is fine, and we’re not in presence here of an absolute jewel like Thunder, Spinal, Hisako or Aganos Themes, but job is done, and so well done ! Rythm, cultural legacy, a bit of naughty, that’s quite good.

Go for it guys, KI is in good hands with you. But… WHY THOSE HAIRS ? ><

Hum.

I’ve listened the track with headphones.

Ok, i 'm taking back the not yet a jewel. This is marvelous. Cannot wait to hear the whole track.

more Riptor but i agree :pensive:

I’ve been wondering about this and of how Atlas Plug and Celldweller would have done the KI theme.

1 Like

Thing that bothered me with Fulgore is that in KI 1 and 2, Fulgore Tunes always had a kind a melody. harsh, metallic one, yes, but quite a melody. And i cannot hear this in the ABSOLUTE NOISE of the new fulgore music. Just cant ><

1 Like

I disagree with the Fulgore part. From personal experiences I can hear the melody just fine. But that’s just me. After all, I’m a metal head.

I think Kim would have something similar…but Tusk on the other hand…I honestly think his music would be styled a lot more like his original theme with more orchestral tone as opposed to the metal Skyrim we have now.

Fulgore’s modern theme is actually one of my favorites in the entire series. It’s got a simple, driving groove to it with lots of energy and some nods to his classic themes. The industrial feel fits both Fulgore and the Ultratech Industries stage perfectly. Lots of good bass and speed unmatched by most of the rest of the sound track. It’s pretty damn neat.

1 Like

Yes

I just feel mick would have had more of an introspective moody feel. Maybe it would have been pulsey, ethereal and lots of woodblock and chime. A war cry lifted from Asian chant historical songbooks. mick RESEARCHED and delivered, in the character’s language, not his version on keyboard and a tech metal remix.

Don’t get me wrong- it’s like favoring Eddie van Halen over Slash.

Yes I know Atlasplug wanted to convey the 2016 Kim’s arrogance to contrast the lullaby

But witness hisakos Dread and Demise and the gut wrenching crescendo of her soul-wringing theme. It DEFINES Hisako

Omg I so wanted to hear mick’s Kim Wu interpretation.
I wish she would have been his exit interview.

Between Arbiter, Tusk, and Wu, I think this is the best new stage music that we’ve heard so far.

Unlike Tusk’s horrendous metal theme, this music actually matches the corresponding character. In fact, I’d say they nailed it perfectly.
And I’m a Tusk fan. Never even cared to play Kim Wu.

Listen carefully to the sneak peek Celldweller put out. There’s a “hip-hop smackdown” right after the lullaby bit, that as he explains is to show her nature of ‘you can try to beat me, but you won’t’. I like it a lot.

2 Likes

This is also a concern of mine. I think the reason Kim’s is my favorite so far is because it’s a bit less guitar heavy than the others.
Could we please get music that’s amazing without being laced primarily with grinding, epic guitar riffs? I mean, maybe in one or two that would be fine… But every song we’ve heard so far just reeks of the same grinding noise as a baseline.

Oh well, it’s a simple matter of avoiding those stages if it ends up bothering me.
I still maintain that Kim’s music is really good and fitting for her.

From the videos they put up, it looks like Celldweller & Atlas Plug consider that their calling card. I sure hope not, but so far the riifs just keep on coming, & we’ve only got 4-5 more themes to go…& out of those the only one I would deem it necessary would be Gargos.

1 Like

I wonder what she’d look like cg rendered, You know when Double Helix was doing the hero art.

2 Likes

AWEASOME. I love the sound. Agree. Fit perfect fulgore.

if u don’t like low tuned guitars I can feel you as they aren’t as sharp and bright sounding. that’s why there’s usually a lot of bass. if you don’t have multiple audio channels for high, med and a sub, it’s gonna sound bad.

there’s a metal band White chapel and if you ain’t got the gear don’t buy the tunes. TV speakers are a sin against hardcore music.

Ahhhh double helix… missing too much here.

Hm. Above all I think Mick tended to channel the character based on his or her design and backstory. Given the dev’s emphasis on Kim as sassy with a bit of edge, “k-hop” as Adam put it, I think Mick probably would have produced something similar, in tone if not exactly in quite the same way.

1 Like

As a listener of The Acacia Strain, Emmure, TDWP, and Bury Your Dead, I completely agree. Normal 20-20,000khz isn’t good enough. You need to get some 5-10khz on the low end or its generally going to sound like poo.

I know this might sound weird, but let these guys redo Riptor’s theme, since Mick never liked that one anyway.

Kim’s theme sounds awesome.

3 Likes