Community dying?

Idk if it’s the forum the community but these forums have been very quiet. We don’t even get weekly posts anymore of like this is what your getting Tuesday. It’s like no one wants to make new posts or there’s several questions that need addressed by the developers that are still waiting responds.

5 Likes

Sounds bout right to me. When are the new guardians supposed to come out? And what do they do?

I feel something big on the horizon… I’ve mentioned it before but I haven’t seen this kind of radio silence from the devs since right before Eyedol came out.

10 Likes

It will probably be new character in June, new guardians in July, and last ultimate set in August. The guardian and character might be switched. The rest of the time will be filled with the Gold Packs, or nothing at all. Maybe 2 patches after the last character is released. That is why I think the character is released in June. Gives them one patch for August and the last Patch around November. Right before Scorpio is released

I would worry more, but I have Injustice 2 amd Tekken 7 comming out, so I can wait on the KI items. Not to mention other games.

1 Like

Just some downtime. Summer is about, people are on vacation or out an about not stuck in the office or at home. As a result it’s been more dry than the usual.

All the hype and talk will be back once the last character and potential sequel are announced.

2 Likes

Some people play other games. (this one is over 3 years old now) I’ll be grinding away in Injustice 2 next week.
Summer is right around the corner and some people go outside! :slight_smile:
Now if nothing significant is announced at E3, I do think interest in this game could drop off quite a bit by the end of the year. There’s just too many games to play. IMO.

1 Like

It always seems quiet when there’s no new content to discuss. Once something new comes along the buzz will pickup. Ultimates are probably the biggest thing to talk about for a while, so unless there’s explicit interest in them most of the discussion is either going to be arguments or the occasional gameplay discussion with a sprinkle of Off-Topic.

1 Like

Thanks for helping prove my point. By all means, continue.

Man, another week, another thread asking if the community or game is dead/dying.

I will say this… It’d be nice if we could get another large post or Q&A from Kraig soon to really give us some insight in to what’s coming next and down the road and maybe providing a bit more of an official calendar, even if the dates are (obviously) subject to change. Maybe the more we know, the less prone to worry and speculation we might be on that front.

But really, E3 is a month away. After Shin Hisako came out, we kind of HAD to expect some degree of radio silence, right? The next character was at least two months away (assuming they were going to tease them in May with an E3 reveal, which seems like a relatively safe bet).

But Rukari has still been tweeting when new content comes out on Tuesday and all of these guys, from what I can gather, still read the forums.

Thing is, there’s just not that much to talk about lately that hasn’t already been talked about, so yeah, during a down time, you’ll see the Off Topic section getting more posts as more new info comes out about other games and we’ll see more threads worrying about the game or the community.

I think all we can do is sit tight. We have to assume they have a plan. If we don’t learn anything more by the time E3 comes and goes, or if the new character comes out and they still seem disinclined to talk about anything beyond that, then sure, it might be time to start wondering if the game and the community that talks about it are in danger of coming to an end.

But until that time? Let’s just keep playing and talking. When we have more news, there will be more conversations with more people. It’s the way it’s always been. Ebbs and flows. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m sensing Hostility.

Cool it.

4 Likes

I was talking to the both of you.

I don’t take sides.

1 Like

See? You were fine. Untill this:

That is hostility.

2 Likes

How so? Pointing something out in previous posts is hostile?

I’m not the one who started anything. I posted my opinion as to why the forums are quiet, then was attacked about my “nonsensical rants.” I’m not allowed to point out the person initiating the hostility?

No. What you said:

Saying something like that seems to me your trying to start a fight.

And before you think I’m ganging up on you:

Wrath said:[quote=“WrathOfFulgore, post:8, topic:20722”]
Someone thinks awfully highly about themselves
[/quote]

I’m just saying to the both of you:

Cool it.

1 Like