Cinder's unbreakables need to go

Guy plays in Europe where there is much less of a local scene
Guy beats all of America’s best players in multiple tough matchups
Guy wins tournament with a character that has never won a major in over two years (without counter picking some bad matchups)
Guy is fraudulent because he zoned a bit

checks out

22 Likes

i thought of that too LMAO

1 Like

He supposedly plays Glacius and Aria. Him calling someone fraudulent for zoning is the pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw it.

4 Likes

i agree man i guess people just dont like valoraxe or something lol

I didn’t say that ne was not a good player, im about this character.[quote=“Infilament, post:41, topic:21629”]
Guy plays in Europe where there is much less of a local scene
Guy beats all of America’s best players in multiple tough matchups
Guy wins tournament with a character that has never won a major in over two years (without counter picking some bad matchups)
Guy is fraudulent because he zoned a bit
[/quote]

Once again im not about the player himself im about this character specialy since patch PD.

Guy plays in Europe where there is much less of a local scene OK

Guy beats all of America’s best players in multiple tough matchups OK

Guy wins tournament with a character that has never won a major in over two years (without counter picking some bad matchups) Thank you to that PD patch!!!

Guy is fraudulent because he zoned a bit its totally legit to zone, myself I do it a lot with glacius som im not against it.

Anyway I m from Europa too and dontr have any problem to beat his cinder vs glacius even if I lost or win to him its rarely or never a 2-0 mostly like 2-1 for him or for me. all he s tryin to do against me when I use glacius, and it work greatly is to press my glacius like crazy cause im fare best zonner than him with glacius vs cinder and I know exactly how to manage his space since I played him a lot in rank s2 and s3 . I don’t care about valoraxe himself but I care about that PD that this character got for FREE!!!
so it said lol

You lost to my Raam in his worst mu. If you fought Valoraxe now hed likely tear you apart as he’s become a much stronger player under sleeps training.

6 Likes

@G0tei13Izaragi sorry but if you wanna talk fraudulence then I’m gonna have to call out that Aria of yours. I have major weaknesses in this game so wouldn’t class myself as a top player but I think in our sets in KOTR you got away with a lot of stuff I shouldn’t have let you do, and I played awfully. Literally anyone except Aria and I would have bodied you. That’s on me still to learn the MU and how to counter your BS.

Play me in a ft10 this weekend and there will be a different result.

On another note I reeeeaaally don’t think you’re from Europa…

1 Like

he has been for a very decent time so he is very strong last time i fought valoraxe he was a stronger player then the other times i have played him

Mmmmm…

3.6 Patch notes:
Breaking a combo now restores 50% of your potential damage (was 100%)
Passive potential damage regeneration now begins after 3 seconds (was 1 second)

Cinder:
Reduced PD inflicted by Flame Stream and Burnouts by 30% (This pairs with the breaker/PD change)

So, since this patch, Cinder deals LESS PD, but it stays longer

But, to get it, he must work harder than before because he deals less PD.

Mmmm, and saying this, you are basically suggesting that he should be nerfed somehow… While, not long ago, you asked for buffs for Aria, a character that most of the community agrees is one of the strongest

Maybe you should focus in overcome your difficulties, instead of wanting them erased?

2 Likes

OMg not you @HWSlenderCashew :thinking: I like valoraxe and I respect him also, that’s just the change since PD patch , you can feel that this character is brokin the game with that tools for free even on block.

lost is a part of the game lomfao. even worst mu or not. that’s only the way you can handle or not a character, does not have anything to do with good or bad mu, did you know to how many scruby sadira s3 I almost lost? nope so don’t act like if it was something precious to lost to a low tiers character.

looooll I take the challenge. I have you in my friend list lets say tonight at 00h00 from uk hours and lets enjoy the game :sunglasses:

UGH??? why :hushed: PM please[quote=“Dayv0, post:49, topic:21629”]
While, not long ago, you asked for buffs for Aria, a character that most of the community agrees is one of the strongest
[/quote]

please bro stop sayin **** ive never and would never ask buff for M 'Aria. so stop it pls, don’t fool peoples, day from today if ive evolved even with sadira and glacius that’s because of ARIA. shes so special to play that lose or win its always fun , cause you learn from your lost.

I don’t feel any difficulty with cinders players but hes just annoying to fight against since patch PD.

Yeah He wasn’t bad before. But training with sleep made him into a completely different player. The Valoraxe I played before wasn’t the one that was at cb.

1 Like

Thing is he doesn’t get it for free. There are ways to play around it. Force cinder to go for other things. I’ve played the mu with bass and tyzo mostly as well as other Good cinder players. You have to make them go for other things. Its about making a good read. If you think hes going to low inferno then hop over and punish him for it. Cinder will then think twice about going low again. And might go high or mid. You can force him to go other ways if you make him. When I fight a good cinder everything they get on me is earned.

5 Likes

so does that mean if i play my trash cinder and get 2 hit combo on you it is earned? XD

1 Like

Valorax didn’t win because of cinder or any pd ■■■■ , he wins because of his ability to set play his opponents ( I would know , got bopped by him in kotr ). The whole zoning argument is retarded

4 Likes

The ONLY thing I’d like to see changed on Cinder is a limit of one Pyrobomb on screen at a time. Nothing like getting blown up with pyrobombs just to get tagged by two more as your falling. :confused:

I can dodge one, but to have three of those things flying at you at different angles, is a bit much.

2 Likes

I’ve got mates coming over for an offline session tonight which is why I said this weekend. I’ll play you tomorrow for sure :thumbsup:

You’re not from Europa because it is Jupiter’s largest moon.

4 Likes

Why would you let him throw 3 bombs out and detonate them without punishing ?

this thread just became more fun LOL

the thing is that no one said anything when dayton zoned with gargos but when valoraxe does it its scrubby or whatever lmao

Cinder lights your anti air button on fire, and your looking at a long time where he can just fly wherever he wants, plant bombs to get ridiculous setups, and put you through a blender where you’re defending for 5- 15 seconds straight.

As if that’s not powerful enough, when he does open you up, instant level 3 or 4 cash out with a 1 chance break. (Eerily similar to a complaint some had with Jago. Combo end > open > instant level 3)

And for the icing on the cake… if he had a bomb on you, or used an ender that allows him to continue the combo, you have so little CV on you, that he can continue into more damage, or ANOTHER round of burning your limbs.

This, plus his above average zoning, is a little much.

Much like Jago used to be, I don’t think he is crazy broken, I just think some adjustments should be made. Take a little from his zoning and PD build.

• bombs don’t chip, and do less damage. They are already VERY good set up tools that open up juggle combos, as well as being utilities in throws and OTG. They don’t need to also be used to cheese out the end of matches.

• Low inferno hits 3 slow times, making it shadow counterable. It’s already unpunishable on block (afaik), and comes out crazy fast, so at least let a good player spend meter to punish it if they get a read on it.

• “fan the flames” mechanic change: instead of resetting the time you’re burning by pressing a button that has been “burnt out”, you just add a decent chunk of extra PD to the current amount. This would mean that FAILURE to take back momentum with a burned button would still be a huge punish for cinder, but SUCESS would more often lead to you removing most of the PD. (Currently, success and a full combo will still leave you with a lot of PD to worry about.)

Insult all you want, but this is my thoughts, and I’m willing to bet cinder will get some change soon. Maybe not even a nerf, but some kind of balance change / rework of a mechanic. In a short while, I’m sure tons of people will be very good with him because valoraxe has shown his potential. But that “potential” is definitely too much.

We’ve seen this same cycle with Sleep and gargos, Thompxson and Jago, Nicky and fulgore, Dayton and tusk. These characters take a LOT of work to get good with, but when a player DOES figure every little trick out, they uncover some issues that need changing.

1 Like