Cinder Season 3 Changes

How would that work? You can’t combo break fireballs in the first place.

I can easily understand why you’d be upset about that, since Glacius is a very, VERY hard match-up for Cinder. And with improved mobility and zoning it’s going to be very difficult if not nearly impossible to get close to him now.

A few reasons being:

1- Cinder’s shadow-trail blazer does not go anywhere far enough to mean anything at certain distances, and even then it has absolutley no priority over anything else, AND it lacks the versatility of normal trail-blazer. It’s only good for going through fireballs but what’s just silly is that so does every other get-in shadow move like Jago’s wind-kick and Orchid’s fire-cat. and they go MUCH furter than what Cinder’s shadow trailblazer can do.

This will become truly apprant later on when the season 3 launches.

2- Because Cinder’s mobility is heavily reliant on an attack that has no priority (if you ever want to get close quickly) you’re gonna have to rely on throwing your bombs to annoy Glacius enough to come after you. However the problem with this is the player will more than likely not give in so you’re stuck sitting back there trying to fight Glacius at a distance Cinder does not have his full-potential at. This MU will also be very slow in this particular circumstance.

3- Cinder will obviously do better at close combat than Glacius will, while the damage nerfs on Glacius will make getting ran over by the angry snow-man hurt alot less, if you can’t get close enough to get your combos going alot of those buffs he got may not even matter.

I’m not saying make Cinder the destoryer of Glacius but this particular MU is already pretty rough, it’ll be even harder now.

IMO throwing pyrobombs after trailblazer and the fired up version of an angled inferno can be very usefull to Cinder in this MU.

Still hard MU for Cinder, but maybe a sustained Inferno could destroy all hails and hit Glacius.

S3 Fulgore mains feel your pain.

by absorbing the fireball energy, the trailblazer could gain strenght enough to across the entire screen quckly. So you can punish the opponent.

So you mean a fireball counter similar to Hisako and Kim Wu, not counter breaker. Terminology is important here.

Hisako can counter a fireball?

Nope. Think they’re just talking about going through stuff with projectile invincible shadow moves.

ha ha I didnt think so, but you never know!

No I meant similar to her counter in general, hers doesn’t catch projectiles but the premise remains the same.

Cinder’s gameplay still making you struggle to the death to win a match. All Cinder needs is some oppressive damage and significant, consistent buffs so we can feel confortable to play with him as we do with Jago.

Honestly, this thing of shenanigans sucks.

Kind of a character design thing…it’s who Cinder is at this point. If you want damage and consistency, you would have to lose a LOT of what makes Cinder, well, Cinder in the new KI. I can understand not liking that, but it really is who the character is now. Normalizing his damage would mean you would have lose a lot of his current tools.

I used to main Glacius and Riptor in the original KI. Their playstyles in the new KI don’t click with me though, so I had to move on and find another character whose playstyle actually suited me. I think their designs and archetypes are actually pretty cool, they just aren’t for me.

Giving Cinder “oppressive damage” sounds pretty scary to me. Mobile hit and run characters tend to not have overwhelming damage for a good reason.

As for the trailblazer changes (making it easier to break), I think this won’t hurt him nearly that bad for a few reasons.
a) Doing two trailblazers in a row is still pretty fast. There will be times when you can’t identify the first one and break the second one, just because you’re not really ready for it.
b) Cinder can do all sorts of mixups with his combos. He can do one trailblazer and then an air normal (of any strength). He can delay the trailblazer and the air normal if he wants to. If he doesn’t want to do two trailblazers, he can still do a pretty long, hard to break combo.
c) Because you can get timing locked out in the air now, his normal juggles (with staggered timing) will be even harder to break than they currently are. If Cinder decides to do delayed trailblazers and air normals, then next time quickly sprinkles in a double trailblazer (with his starting trailblazer being either light or medium pretty interchangeably), it’ll be pretty easy to miss.

By seeing how Cinder has lost 10% of damage on every move i guess he’s going to the pwned by Kim Wu, Tusk and more of the season 3 cast. Im saying right now, Tusk will be a strong character since he’s Adam Isgreen favorite. Anyway the nerfs are getting too tight in this game. I hope it gets really balanced and we won’t get a broken Tusk as an example.

You can actually make a confirm like this using Inferno into a Shadow Trailblazer. Not only does it go far with Fired Up, it can now be a low confirm as of the S3 changes.

It’s not perfect by any means. The Shadow Trailblazer will not be projectile invincible like usual so you’ll get hit by things like Glacius’ hail if not planned carefully. Still a nice confirm though.

And this did not happen. Only an Ender lost 10% damage because it was a Meter Ender.

As a means to pass projectiles sure. But honestly that is ALL shadow traulblazer is good for. Other moves like Jago’s wind-kick pass projectiles, AND go far enough to hit the enemy. With Cinder if you’re not close to mid-rang expect to fall flat and short.

What’s even worse is shadow-trailblazer has NO priority you get stuffed by a light punch or any move that is later than yours.

As far as just passing projctiles that’s it. Shadow Trailblazer is pretty useless otherwise, it doesn’t even have the veratility of regular trailblazer, it’s weakness can be easily counterbalanced by changing directions mid-flght.

Bascially Shadow Trailblazer is just a watered down version of Jago’s wind-kick. Not good for anything other than sneaking through projectiles at mid-range.

Now if your talking about just zoning with Inferno, sure it has potential but when it comes to getting in shadow trailblazer isn’t great unless you catch an opponent throwing projectiles AND is close enough to reach.

I’m not all for more damage on Cinder which is fine, but I would hope that they would of at least given me a reason to use shadow trailblazer alot more since it doesn’t do much good then just pass projectiles like every other get in shadow-move in the cast, or at least made it so it didn’t get stuffed by light normal attacks easily to make up for it’s lack of versatility.

Also it seems pretty darn screwy for shadow trailblazer to NOT be projectile ivincible since against Glacius or other zoners at a certain range that’s all it’d be good for. If it were to lose projectile invcibility it would be practically useless.

This mix-up potential sounds nice on paper… “IF” you can get to your opponent, and considering his main tools for mobility get stuffed easily that is a BIG “if” unless ya know, you’re fighting other rushdowns and they’ll pretty much come to you.

1 Like

I was talking about chaining Inferno into Shadow Trailblazer to start combos. And it goes pretty far.

you have proof of this? and that’s another thing: how can you do that if you end up using your fired-up for Inferno? if the fired up version of shadow-trailblazer supposedly goes far? if I’m not getting that, please clear that up for ne cause I’m a bit lost.

Well I don’t have immediate proof off the top of my head, but they showed an example of this when they showcased the S3 Balance Changes. It should work relatively the same as of right now.

I have doen shadow trailblazer dozens of times and it hasn’t gotten many any further than it has before. Unless I’m less than half screen away from my opponent it does not reach. and I have used it regularly, as a tool for mobility it isn’t really that much better than trailblazer. and it STILL gets stuffed by light punch.

this post will be edited once I see what you’re talking about.

EDIT:
Just watched it, that’s not quite the distance I’m talking about. That’s not far, that’s mid-range and I can close that distance with medium trailblazer. It hasn’t changed at all.