Cinder Season 3 Changes

I just meant in terms of universal system changes, not character specific. No flipout moves and suffers from the heavy attacks beating armor.

I’m kind of glad for this change, but remembering the fact that Cinder’s range on his grounded heavies is TERRIBLE, it’s of little benefit to him. Then again, uppercutting Aganos and following up with a jump cancel into juggle could be somewhat useful. I feel like this system change was mostly meant for Aganos.

This is true. Generally speaking if you want to catch Glacius off gaurd and you’re close you need to use your light or medium attacks, now if he has armor this can be a problem because the armor keeps him going and he can catch you.

Heavy attacks may ignore armor, but considering how bad Cinder’s heavy attacks are when grounded you’ll be hit before you can even land yours.

Because he’s airborne before the active frames come out LK Fireflash is only invulnerable to projectiles and air attacks. Heavy ground attacks and special moves will always crush it. Orchid had a similar issue with her Knee Buster in S1 and in S2 the fixed it by moving the airborne flag behind the first active frame. Don’t know why they didn’t fix this on Cinder…

[+] New ability: Throw Cancel Burnout! While Fired Up, you can cancel your throw into a Level 1 Burnout with QCB+P or QCB+K. This spends your Fired Up state

This leads me to one place: Cinder aims to mantain fired up state almost always. Thats for sure, but now I will enter in the theory’s territory.

What if this throw can be a level 2, 3 or 4 burnout if your rival has some potential damage on before the throw?

Even more: what if each pyrobomb can be used for upgrading this?

1 Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 2 Burnout
2 Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 3 Burnout
3 Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 4 Burnout
1 fired up Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 3 Burnout
1 Shadow Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 4 Burnout

This would be great for Cinder’s mix up game, cause if you are next your rival while some pyrobombs are attached to him, they should fear A LOT beeing grabed, and maybe they would try more often to preventively break the throw attemp, failing against jab-target combo-juggle or whatever

Only one way to find out

1 Like

Ask @TheKeits , because right now it’s a bit hard to test XD

[quote=“Dayv0, post:25, topic:4427, full:true”]
1 Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 2 Burnout
2 Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 3 Burnout
3 Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 4 Burnout
1 fired up Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 3 Burnout
1 Shadow Pyrobomb + throw cancel into burnout = Lvl 4 Burnout[/quote]
I don’t think this works. I’m pretty sure it will always be a Level 1 Burnout no matter what.

1 Like

correct. always lv1

2 Likes

Added the change list to the OP

You could get it after the throw cancel burnout, but not before. Too much reward honestly. Consider a hard knockdown followed by one or two pyrobombs and then a throw cancel. That’s almost instant Level 2 or Level 3 Burnout with a lot of PD on the line. Yea they can be combo broken out of, but its heavy damage if locked out or simply choosing not to break. At least that’s one example that came to mind.

@TheKeits No tweaks to medium or heavy Fireflash? What are they good for?

Safe to assume those also got nerfed frame wise, so if light fireflash wasn’t doing so hot, then these are no longer good if at all.

UNLESS those were not messed with at all and the fireflash frames are not as bad so in exchange for invinsibility you get less frames on block.Meaning yeah you can stuffed mid flip-kick, but at least you don’t have to worry about getting full punished.

Chances are they’re probably just no good now.

If you space it right, it may not be punishable by just mashing jab. There are ways though I bet.

I’m pretty sure all Fireflashes got the increased recovery frames. I just meant in terms of utility because currently people only use the Light Fireflash, the Medium and Heavy Fireflash are almost never used. If they gave some properties to the other versions, like maybe strike invulnerability or something.

Uhh, the Med and Hvy Fireflashes anti air different (longer) ranges than the LT version. I’ve made some incredible footsie whiff punishes with heavy Fireflash in my time.

indeed but I guess save for anti-airs fire-up fireflash may not be too much good now.

Though I do have this one question: does this mean the sets up could use for Cinder’s fired-up fireflash are not as viable as they were before? that’s what was good about Cinder’s fire-flash in fire-up, the pillar flames could giveyou the chance to chase your enemy into the air for a recapture or what-have you.

No no. It’s just not as safe on block. Everything should still work as normal.

There will be a 3 frame difference, might make some things different, but most of your stuff will be the same.

Since you buffed Glacius with his old puddle punch (homing punch), why didn’t you gave Cinder something like his double Fireflash back? To be performed only while on fired up state / instinct mode. And you also could give Cinder a unique trait: The all new shadow Mirage. Cinder should be the only character in the game capable to counterbreak fireballs. Not saying to make him op as he was in the classic KI but im asking to give him really good buffs. It should be like a high risk move since if you miss the timing on shadow mirage you take the fireball. He really should turn out into the fireball buster of KI.

Also his backdash should be changed exactly to a copy of triborg’s backdash. So you could give Kim Wu her rolling dash foward/ backfoward back.

The inferno improvents are amazing. Thanks! But something still missing for Cinder.