Cinder Season 3 Changes

Added the Change List to the OP
-CStyles45

Cinder

[-] Fixed a bug that caused Cinder to teleport a great distance when canceling a Fired Up Inferno into a Shadow Fission.
[-] 3rd Degree Chain Combos now count as 1 move toward the breakability rules no matter which move hits first or which moves whiff, so the “Domi Unbreakable” now becomes breakable on the 3rd loop of this as expected.
[-] The 2nd and 3rd Trailblazer followups (Afterburner) now always match the strength of the first Trailblazer in the sequence for breaker purposes.
[-] Raised KV on Pyrobombs to 14 (from 12)
[-] Added 3 frames of recovery to Fireflash. Fired Up Fireflash is now -6 if you block the pillar, and every character in the game can Shadow Counter the pillar for a full punish, or punish with any attack faster than 6 frames.
[-] The 3rd hit of Light Third Degree combo is +1 on block instead of +2. Canceling into Shadow Fission here is no longer a true blockstring.
[-] Fireflash Ender (Damage) no longer causes a hard knockdown.
[-] Pyrobomb Ender (Meter) damage reduced by ~10%
[+] Trailblazer Ender (Splat) damage increased by ~5%
[+/-] Air Heavy Trailblazer becomes active 2 frames earlier, and cannot land to create the ground crash until 3 frames later. This avoids a situation where the crash could hit without the Trailblazer, leading to an unbreakable hit.
[+] Ground Medium Trailblazer inflicts 2 additional frames of blockstun.
[+] Lowered KV added by Cinder’s throw to 20 (from 50)
[+] Cinder can now throw Air Pyrobombs even after doing Air Trailblazer, leading to new juggles and setups.
[+] Move re-imagined: Angled Inferno! Different Inferno strengths now attack at different angles. Light is up-forward, Medium is horizontal, and Heavy is down-forward.
-You can hold the button to keep any version burning for a while longer.
-Their frame data was re-tuned for their new function.
-The Heavy version hits low!
[+] New ability: Throw Cancel Burnout! While Fired Up, you can cancel your throw into a Level 1 Burnout with QCB+P or QCB+K. This spends your Fired Up state.

Yes I am here at World Cup but no I don’t have the changes yet. I’ll post them as I get it though.

1 Like

Gotta say they didn’t do much to him. I’m happy for the inferno change, but everything else was rather disappointing. Especially the fire flash being more negative, that move was only a problem because no one bothered to learn how to punish it.

I would aree that’s kinda sad that people were too lazy to learn how to punsih it, because it was an EASY move to punish. All ya had to do was light punch.

But on the other hand if you had trouble with burn out enders before the throw is a nice way to get some going. granted it’s not going to be as effective so you should still learn to do burn out enders when the chance arrives.

I like the added ability to burn out during a grab if you’re fired up. I’m sad to see the lp lp lp s.fission blockstring go though T.T Not sure how I feel about the Inferno changes yet. I’ll have to see it in more action, I didn’t see a lot of people playing him on the preview machines (I don’t play stick so I was afraid to check him out too much myself (plus many people watching) :disappointed_relieved:)

While this is true, it’s kind of BS that the best (most consistent anyway) punish you can get on a fully invincible reversal was a bunch of mash jabs. I think it’s a good change.

@BHswordsman09 - copied the Cinder changes below:
[-] Fixed a bug that caused Cinder to teleport a great distance when canceling a Fired Up Inferno into a Shadow Fission.
[-] 3rd Degree Chain Combos now count as 1 move toward the breakability rules no matter which move hits first or which moves whiff, so the “Domi Unbreakable” now becomes breakable on the 3rd loop of this as expected.
[-] The 2nd and 3rd Trailblazer followups (Afterburner) now always match the strength of the first Trailblazer in the sequence for breaker purposes.
[-] Raised KV on Pyrobombs to 14 (from 12)
[-] Added 3 frames of recovery to Fireflash. Fired Up Fireflash is now -6 if you block the pillar, and every character in the game can Shadow Counter the pillar for a full punish, or punish with any attack faster than 6 frames.
[-] The 3rd hit of Light Third Degree combo is +1 on block instead of +2. Canceling into Shadow Fission here is no longer a true blockstring.
[-] Fireflash Ender (Damage) no longer causes a hard knockdown.
[-] Pyrobomb Ender (Meter) damage reduced by ~10%
[+] Trailblazer Ender (Splat) damage increased by ~5%
[+/-] Air Heavy Trailblazer becomes active 2 frames earlier, and cannot land to create the ground crash until 3 frames later. This avoids a situation where the crash could hit without the Trailblazer, leading to an unbreakable hit.
[+] Ground Medium Trailblazer inflicts 2 additional frames of blockstun.
[+] Lowered KV added by Cinder’s throw to 20 (from 50)
[+] Cinder can now throw Air Pyrobombs even after doing Air Trailblazer, leading to new juggles and setups.
[+] Move re-imagined: Angled Inferno! Different Inferno strengths now attack at different angles. Light is up-forward, Medium is horizontal, and Heavy is down-forward. -You can hold the button to keep any version burning for a while longer.
-Their frame data was re-tuned for their new function.
-The Heavy version hits low!
[+] New ability: Throw Cancel Burnout! While Fired Up, you can cancel your throw into a Level 1 Burnout with QCB+P or QCB+K. This spends your Fired Up state.

1 Like

Even then, it wasn’t really hard to punish still I guess laziness won in that area for those guys. though I suspect people just wanna go all full blown punish. on ONE hand though any Cinder player that just doing this willy-nilly will now have to to think a bit harder.

At least burn cancels from a throw is one of the tools to make up for this. along side with his new angle inferno which will be a decent anti-air against Glacius’s jumping heavy kick. (Now I dare my bro to spam that ■■■■ on me again mwaha!

Somehow I missed this part during the stream. I like it though, as I have a tendency to throw a lot of my opponents and then attempt a crossup, grenade toss/stick, roll-back cancel into inferno or trailblazer, etc. This simply adds to the mixup potential. :slight_smile: :fire:

Q: When you hold the inferno, does it do extra damage or add additional hits? Or does it just stun the opponent for longer?

So as I try out the new Season 3 Cinder, I have to say that the new Inferno is REALLY GOOD. It doesn’t matter that they took away the Shadow Fission teleport when using Shadow Trailblazer will give you the same result. And holding it down makes it that much more effective. But since I use my Fired Up status for my Inferno more, I end up using the Burnout Throw less. The new Pyrobomb after Trailblazer thing is something I thought was needed before and it can be juggled with sxperimentation. I like these changes.

One thing I’d like to take note of though is that Cinder didn’t get and of the flipouts and staggers like all of the other characters did. I really think he could use those things too.

Not an unreasonable expectation when you block what is, again, a fully invincible reversal.

Unfortunately, that’s quite a few of them. The unpunishability of fireflash was super degenerate, and made most Cinder’s just throw it out. I honestly dash up and counter when fighting Cinder unless it’s a super high-level Cinder player that I actually know. The other 83% of them just fireflash repeatedly on wakeup, until I’ve countered them literally 3 or 4 times into full combo.

1 Like

You could also shadow counter it.

True enough, but that’s 1) meter dependent and 2) character dependent. Depending on how fast your SC is, Cinder can actually just DP again and beat it out. It shouldn’t take that much effort to punish a blocked invincible reversal - at that point they’ve made a bad bet, and it shouldn’t take meter or a special character to make them pay for it :confused:

Easy and safe DP’s promote degenerate play. It’s why Maya’s original DP was such a problem - there was generally just very little reason why you shouldn’t do it, so all you saw was wakeup DP’s all the time.

It does extra hits

either way despite the drawbacks at least inferno will be even more useful. if fireflash fails at certain areas a good angled inferno can stop em from constantly jumpin in.

what I do look forward to is being to to just light someone on fire for a good amount of time. gonna be a good roast. and if they got enough salt we can make some french fries :U

One of the changes I don’t really like, though I can see the reasoning behind it, is the Afterburner is always considered the same strength as the Trailblazer before it, which makes his juggles a lot less useful given that the direction is a huge tell making the afterburner incredibly easy to break. The only upside I can think this helps is easier counter breaker bait, but given how much of the new system is going to be focused on more creative combos, having something so easily broken makes it much less useful.

I also remember them saying something akin to the timing of aerial breakers before more strict and air lockouts are now a bigger deal. I don’t see this being a drawback though as far as afterburner goes.

Honestly, my impression is that Cinder was basically nerfed harder than he was buffed. I like some of the new powers he has, but I don’t think the afterburner nerf and the fireflash nerf were necessary. As much as I’ve played, I think every character has enough to threaten Cinder after a blocked Fireflash with. I’m also with @BHswordsman09 on this one, and I’m disappointed we don’t have a flip out or stagger move in the arsenal as well. Seems like everyone in the cast except Cinder got at least one of those two if not both.

I talked to Keits about giving Cinder a flipout and he said no because he doesn’t need it. And while I do agree to an extent, I still think he could use one.

Yea honestly, I don’t think flip out would be all too useful. I’m all for him getting one, but I’m not particularly disappointed he doesn’t. I feel he would benefit more from a stagger. Would give him more opportunities to use the grab burnout or lead into a juggle, which seem to be a bigger emphasis this time around anyway. Like, I can see HK or something being a stagger, but maybe that’s just me.

Then perhaps on the medium 3rd hit of a Third Degree combo maybe we could get a stagger? It just seems like Cinder is the only one who doesn’t get to benefit from the new system changes coming, and we have to select a whole new character just to take advantage of them.

Actually he will benefit a lot of timed lockouts on juggles.

And Glacius. Both my mains are getting nothing in that regard.

@IronFlame I can agree. Cause honestly: trail-blazer has almost no and I mean absolutely NO priority over anything but hey it just means we need to do more counter breakers which just means it’s easier to light guys on fire more.

Honestly dude Glacius has a ton of stuff on him now than ever. You get to fill the screen with more hail, your puddle is faster and moves further and you also get a tracking puddle punch and can switch things around on Instinct mode.

If anything you’ll be able to get way with a bit more dirty stuff.

Especially since your icicle kick will be easier to pull off on guys like Fulgore who now have to risk a cyber upper cut (which takes time to input then what the heavy laser could do)

Only one you may not be able to get away with that stuff is Cinder’s angled inferno. Other than the fact that grounded heavy attacks ignore armor you’re generally gonna be ok.

I admit it does feel like Cinder didn’t get alot, but hey if you can get close to do a throw and get some burn damae going that’s a benefit.

Don’t let the flames go out just yet guys, we can still turn up the heat.