Character Suggestion - A martial artist/ninja like character that utilises futuristic weapons

Yes. While an Egyptian themed ninja is a cool idea, the scorpion theme is not likely to happen, especially with Killer instinct being compared to Mortal Kombat, even though they really are not that similar. It is pretty fun hypothesizing about potential KI characters, but like I said before it’s more the overall base idea of the character, not specific themes or appearances that might possibly slightly affect a new character that is added. If this is something that is actually wanted to appear in the game, I doubt that the people at Iron Galaxy would look on this forum and be like, “Whoa, that is a cool idea! Let us do that exact thing and put it in the game.” So thinking about specific moves, themes or weapons might actually make them less likely to appear in game. If a character that is like 90% similar to this hypothetical ninja character that has been discussed here is just straight up put in the game, that would make many people who had other ideas angry. “Hey, you put in that idea but not this one!?” It would make it seem like Iron Galaxy are picking favorites or only listening to specific people when it comes to potential characters. So, basically the core idea of a ninja character is what might actually happen. Specific details will likely not go far.

1 Like
1 Like

Okay.

Scorpions are out.

But what would be best for a kusarigama-wielding ninja?

There aren’t many fighting archetype that fit Rabbits… Generally speed, stealth, and trickery… Gunner, Mage, Ninja…

1 Like

Well, I haven’t actually seen many uses of kusarigama. So I am not quite sure. Maybe it could be used in a somewhat similar way to Axl’s chain scythes from Guilty Gear?

1 Like

Which annoys me!

I can’t wait for revelator.

I’d definitely love to see a new whip based character

1 Like

Um,Why?

True, as is the case with Vega and also Galford from Samurai Shodown.

As for Ninjutsu VS Ninjitsu, Ninjutsu is the correct Japanese term while Ninjitsu is kinda a Westernized pronounciation, because the mid-u is kinda silent so it sounds like you say it with an i.

I feel like we’ve strayed too far from the original idea, the idea of a ninja with a futuristic style

3 Likes

Jago may be a Tibetan monk, but he looks Ninja enough honestly. If we’re talking the way the ninja character moves Sadira also has a tiny teeny little bit of that in her as well.

The supposed new “ninja” character will just cross over both said tropes. Plus we have alot of Swordsmen already with Arby, Tusk, Jago, Spinal, etc.

If we HAVE to have (and I say this loosely) ANOTHER Ninja character why not have their weapon be uniqe?

personally after season 3 I’d rather they just focus on adding features people haven’t gotten yet, like stages and Ultimates.

Well, technically, “Ninja” originated in China as “Monk Assassins”, plus there are tons of “non-typical ninja” like Vega and all of TMNT, so…

Why does the “ninja” HAVE to be Japanese? In MK, waaay before the reboot, Sub-Zero and Scorpion were both Chinese, and yet they were considered ninjas, alongside Reptile, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Rain, Smoke, and all of those other ninjas… There’s also that craptastic but classic movie “American Ninja”. No ninja has to be Japanese, although we typically associate the two quite often. Blade-- I mean Raven, is an African-American ninja in Tekken, clearly not Japanese…

Moving on, couldn’t Jago be considered exactly what the OP stated? He also has “Laser Sword”, too…

I don’t think jago counts. Jago doesn’t use tech. There is nothing futuristic about him. In fact there is not a lot of ninja things about jago either. The only thing that’s strictly ninja with him is the face plate. Everything else is a warrior monk. The flashy powers, the large scimitar, the outfit literally made up of fabric and peices found in his tibet temple.

For futuristic ninja I would say a weapon like strider. The blade tonfa looking thing, the kusarigami or even more unique senbon needles. But if I were honest I would say a duels weild sword and dagger. Even if there are a few sword users already the style and moveset would be drastically different.

For looks He would look like either a cyborg like raiden, a person with metal armor like strider or even Jin from MVC origins

1 Like

I answered this just three posts above yours…

@JEFFRON27 further up on this topic we already discussed how actually an interesting weapon for him to use would be a kusarigama rather then my original sword idea

seems reasonable and someone mentioned a “futuristic ninja” which if ya ask me isn’t such a bad idea and may further separate him from Jago.

Futuristic ninja was my original idea but this topic seemed to deviate from it

People tend to throw in their own ideas when discussing character concepts. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that’s what I was hoping for, just telling the guy above as he said some mentioned 'futuristic ninja’
So far people have given great ideas like having a kusarigama but I still think the futuristic ninja idea is my favourite