Character Suggestion - A martial artist/ninja like character that utilises futuristic weapons

Yes Yes Yes times 3679. I absolutely agree. This would be fantastic. I REALLY hope that Iron Galaxy does this. There has been a ninja shaped void in this game for too long. Although Jago is very cool, he does not really count, he is more of a monk with a face plate thing. Without that face plate there would be nothing about him that would make him a ninja. Sadira could possibly count, (that is, if she had her old design that I spoke of in this post) but an actual genuine shinobi would elevate this game to a higher plane of reality.

As for suggestions of mine, for appearance, I agree a more futuristic look would be cool, but a more normal style would work too. The peeps at Iron Galaxy are very good at making cool designs, so I have no doubt that whatever they decide on it would be cool.

For gameplay style, this hypothetical ninja should definitely have an izuna drop. (Spinning upside down pile driver) That is a token ninja move right there. Shuriken are a must, but not just the typical star shaped kind, there are dart needle nail shaped ones too, such as these.

Another cool tool that ninjas were known to use are caltrops.

They were thrown or placed on the ground to injure and slow down pursuers. I think Erron Black from Mortal Kombat X uses these. They could be used in a similar way to that.

And if this ninja did not use a sword, the weapon could be knives or kunai in a simmilar way to how Hazama uses them in Blazblue.

And maybe the ninja could use poison or something like that. Ninjas were known to use poison a lot. And a slash dash like Chipp Zannuf’s Alpha Blade would be nice.

But anyway, I do not think requests for specific moves would go that far. It is more the overall idea of adding a full on ninja that might convince Iron Galaxy to do this, if it is requested enough.

1 Like

Appearance wise, I wouldn’t want him to appear like a traditional ninja. Though Jago is a monk, he still fills the ninja role as well, and Sadira is an assassin as well which also covers the ninja role, since a ninja is in its most basic sense an assassin.

The retro outfit might reflect the more traditional ninja look, but the main look should be alot different. This is why I like the more cyborg ninja look, since it is an alot more modern take on the stealthy assassin trope. However, one could argue that Fulgore already fills that role as well.

And because of this, I have in the past said that there’s no need for another ninja-like character in KI, as we already have characters that are close enough to that sort of character. But if Iron Galaxy can make it unique enough from the already existing characters, and make it appear really cool as well with an awesome weapon, such as the kusarigama, then sure, I’ll give it a chance.

Seeing Ultratech is the main modern cybernetic weapon manufacturer, I can see a modern stealthy soldier assassin character be associated to ARIA and the others, since Sadira already failed her and went into hiding. And this is why I posted a picture of Leo from Anarchy Reigns.

http://static.zerochan.net/Leo.(Anarchy.Reigns).full.650115.jpg

Though he isn’t an assassin, he fits the cyborg soldier and agile fighter class, and he is different from any other character in KI already.

2 Likes

Actually, yeah he kind of does. With his camouflage, teleporting and blade shooting. But not quite

Hmm
 yeah, I guess there are already characters who look ninja-ish (Jago) and play ninja-ish (Sadira and Fulgore,) but not a complete full ninja. If this hypothetical character does not happen, it would not be the worst thing in the world. (only the second worst. :smirk:) Though I still advocate doing this.

I love ninjas though, I just don’t want this to become a Mortal Kombat/Dead or Alive scenario where ninjas slowly take over the roster. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@anon39655210 Yeah I mean I agree, but if this idea was to ever come true I am 100% sure that they wouldn’t take it too far and pollute the game with Ninjas. I’m also sure they could find a way to differiate the character from all other ‘ninja-like’ characters. What play style do you reckon it should be, I would actually lean more to saying it should be a balanced play-style. I also think it would be cool if they perhaps went with a harder game plan a bit like cinder (i’m not saying his moves should be the same at all, but the way he plays) . Like cinder each of his moves are like tools all useful for different situations. I also like how cinders moves allow for lots of creativity, it would be interesting to see that on a ninja character

I don’t see a ninja being a part of Ultratech.

I can picture it being a part of a clan.

Sadira uses the powers of a spider in the Red Eyes of Rylai assassin clan.

For a ninja clan, I can picture a scorpion, if the ninja would use the kusarigama.

This ninja doesn’t have to be Japanese or just Japanese
 what about Egyptian? Like using the power of Serqet?

If it was Egyptian, it would no longer be a ninja. A ninja is specifically a Japanese assassin. If it was Egyptian it would be “just” an assassin, like Sadira.

Okay then, Japanese. But I do would like a scorpion motif.

It would be too much like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat then. Any sort of ninja with a scorpion motif would be compared to him.

Good point.

I’ll leave the scorpion part to someone else.

Any ninja ideas then? Cause kusarigama is the best weapon I got for that one.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/samurai-warriors/images/3/34/Hanzo_Hattori_SW4_Artwork.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140917151032

MK:

• Scorpion
  • Sub-Zero
  • Noob Saibot
  • Smoke
  • Reptile
  • Ermac
  • Rain
  • Tremor

SF:

• Ibuki
  • Geki
  • Vega

VF:

• Kage-Maru

TK:

• Yoshimitsu
  • Kunimitsu
  • Raven

DOA:

• Kasumi
  • Ayane
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Hayate

SC:

• Taki
  • Natsu

Yoshimitsu’s a Samurai isn’t he?
Vega? Whuh?

No, Yoshimitsu is the leader of the Manji Ninja clan which is renown for stealing from the rich and give to the poor
 y’know, like Robin Hood.

Vega has studied ninjutsu as part of his martial arts training, mixing it with his acrobatic skills which he used as a bullfighter as well, but now uses it as an assassin for Shadaloo.

I still find Vega a little strange, are guys talking about total Ninjas or just ninjutsu?

I don’t mind either, to be honest. As long it’s cool and original in design and gameplay.

You forgot Skarlet and Takeda.

Well, this is not exactly true. While ninjas originated in Japan, you do not have to be Japanese to be a ninja. They were not just Japanese assassins, they had a very specific way of going about things called ninjutsu, which also included things such as spying and infiltration. (or was it ninjitsu?) If say, a Canadian guy were to train in the exact same way as a ninja, and do the same things as a ninja, he would be a ninja. TV Tropes classify these kind as “McNinja.” I think an Egyptian ninja is a rather cool sounding idea. But there is Kan Ra already, so if this hypothetical character was not Japanese styled, it probably would not be Egyptian themed.

1 Like

Phew! At least someone agrees with me.

But Kan-Ra is Babylonian. He’s not a mummy. Just a cursed-rotting sorcerer.

Oh, whoops. I guess I need to read all of the character lore and stuff. I got mixed up especially since his retro skin looks very mummy like.

Well he may look like a mummy due to “The Mummy Imhotep” lore, but he’s just a cursed “mummified” lich.

Anyway, how do you picture a ninja character with a scorpion motif in Egyptian vibes, without looking “MK Scorpion”?

You got the kusarigama as its main weapon.

If you have a ninja themed on scorpions, it will no matter what be compared to Scorpion even if they are very different. But, just for the sake of it, I would imagine the kusarigama being used like a scorpion stinger? with poison on it and stuff? But, wait, just listen to this description. “A ninja that is scorpion themed that uses a bladed chain weapon.” Yeah, I doubt that will happen.

1 Like

Don’t forget in Egypt, they have scorpions. Like Serqet.