Character-based dialogue

“Riptor want to chew on spinal bone. Crunchy. Good.”

Oh riptor…so adorable.

3 Likes

When the mimics say “this is the part where you fall down and bleed to death” it would be funny if Tusk has a retort specific to that dialouge where he said “I used to know an adventurer like you, until he took an arrow to the knee.”

Make it happen KI team!!

Orchid: “My Firecat wants you to know that you suck.”

Kim Wu: “My dragon wants you to know that you suck.”

Tusk: “My blade wants you to know that you suck.”

OK, developers.

8 Likes

Kan-Ra: “Ma soup want you to know that you suck”

13 Likes

I’m loving the Shadow Lords brand cheese!

1 Like

Riptor: This the Shadow Lord? Looks like flying monkey. Riptor coming!

Wulf: I’m going to rip apart your Astral body!

Gargos: Who is this marvelous creature facing me! I am honored to slay myself!

3 Likes

I’m sure this has been brought up, but Shadow Jago and Spinal don’t seem to have any dialogue outside of unique story missions…at all.

Not for mimics, Omens, the Gargos fight… Not a peep. Which is a shame, seeing the dialogue they get when you encounter their real versions is pretty great (especially Spinal).

Isn’t shag mostly just growls and snarls outside of calling out some of his attacks? And spinal just laughs at everything.

These characters do have dialogue when being encountered for story missions, so I see no reason why they wouldn’t have dialogue when you control them.
Also, if growls being their only form of communication excludes someone from dialogue, explain Riptor. :stuck_out_tongue:

Riptor’s inner thoughts. I dunno got me.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s probably just cause we’re in beta. There’s a lot of inconsistent stuff in the mode already…

Maybe I remind people of the Orchid portrait inconsistency? I’m pretty sure there’s something wrong with real Jago’s enemy portrait as well.

I’m assuming that Shago and Spinal think too. And since they have interactions with other characters as well…
I think @SonicDolphin117 is on the nose about the unfinished aspect. I’ve noticed no one has dialogue after defeating an Omen, and neither Gargos or any of the Omens talk back to anyone apart from Tusk.

Gargos also talks back to Kim Wu.

Maybe Mira too since she’s also a story heavy character in SL, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

Guess we’ll see come the 20th.

1 Like

“Not a mimic of old boney. Ugghh. Oh, well. A kill’s a kill.”

Man even sadira is busting out the humour. We got ARIA humour, riptor and sadira humour. I love this.

Apparently riptor is good with kids also. When you have to save the little girl by either beckoning her or grabbing her, if you beckon wth riptor the girl will take her hand. Everyone loves dinosaurs. Riptor best girl?

3 Likes

So on the subject of Spinal’s dialogue (or lack thereof) I just had a glorious encounter with Aganos while playing as Spinal.
Aganos: "For your crimes against the K-
Spinal: “Shiny stone in forehead! I wants it, I do! GIVE US THE PRECIOUS!”

I love you, Spinal. I wish you had dialogue outside of your story.

6 Likes

Shiny…aye…shiny…

So now Gollum/Smeagol and overall Lord of the Rings as well as Hobbit references anyone? :wink:

Oh god, Mira’s dossiers.

“The Rasputin-like leader infused her with his dark elixir…binding her to his body and soul.”

Is that what they’re calling it these days? :flushed:
How lewd is this game going to get?!

5 Likes

That doesn’t sound like a vampire origin story? I have so many questions and no answers…