Character Backstory - You and Your Riptor Unit

Awesome read. Perfect blend of comedy, while still managing to give us backstory and Riptor related facts such as her weight, preferred diet (Live goats ftw), intelligence, plasma claws etc

3 Likes

I know. Can you imagine the carnage a pack of 5 Riptor can create? Plasma talons and claws that can shred metal like butter. Not to mention the range on the tail!

It’s like they took a raptor weakness (lack of range, inability to take down giant meaty heavily armored foe and defense) and completely removed almost all of them. Robots gets sliced in two and tanks get melted into as they slash with plasma. And against guns and ranged defense Riptor comes equipped with their own firebombs!

1 Like

This is making me pine for a sitcom about a defective Riptor unit who was saved from the scrap heap or incinerator and now lives as a family pet - think Dino from the Flintstones but with random glitches of bloodlust, with a running gag of neighbors’ pets going missing and Riptor burying their collars in the yard behind her raptorhouse.

3 Likes

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/66047003.jpg

“Don’t make any Jurassic Park jokes” You knew we were all thinking that, didn’t you. :joy:

5 Likes

There’s only one corcern I have in this otherwise-awesomely written text. I thought the units’ name was Stalkers and Riptor was one individual? This kinda creates slight hole between this and story mode.

Loved it! As others have said, the mix of background and humor worked really well here. Thanks! Looking forwarded to Omen next week, as it’ll be cool to shed a little more light on the invaders. :sunny: :wink:

That was
DINO-MITE!!!

3 Likes

Great Story! I like it! :smile:
The Riptor that we have in the cast of Ki is a “Special Riptor” (Like Fulgore) ?

Also: This is a mistake?
"This will only confuse the Riptor, and as you learned from Chapter 3 “A confused Riptor is an angry Riptor".”

"Note: the following chapters are currently being rewritten and will be available for copyedit soon.]

Chapter 3: Nap Time

Chapter 4: What to Do If You See an Egg

Chapter 5: Fun Places to Take Your Riptor

Chapter 6: Dino-mites (Hide Infestations)

Chapter 7: The Liability Insurance Blues

Chapter 8: How to Housebreak Your Riptor in 14 Days

Chapter 9: Yes, They’ll Actually Fetch a Car

Chapter 10: From Egg to Engagement: The Soul of a Living Machine

Chapter 11: Cleanup Time

Chapter 12: 101 Riptor Tricks

Chapter 13: Clicker Training the Safe Way

Chapter 14: Fast Tourniquet Techniques"

Chapter 3 is “A confused Riptor is an angry Riptor* or “Nap Time”?

My guess is that Project Stalker was the internal name, while Riptor is the name given to the consumer product.
It could also be that UT Marketing decided that Riptor was a catchier name. Plus, the original trailer referred to the product as Riptor.

It is a weird inconsistency, but I wonder if it was intentional.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to play mah gurl in S3. Thanks for the story bits, @rukizzel.

I laughed :slightly_smiling:

I remember a story from the Knights of the Dinner table where Bob gets his throat slit by an orc and he says “I apply a tourniquet on my neck and do a saving throw”

It would have been hilarious if the Riptor guide said “If your Riptor unit slashes your carothid apply a tourniquet on your neck and call customer service (don’t panic)”

2 Likes

This better be the Season 3 ultimate edition bonus, this just sets up sooo much fun stuff to do. I like it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

CHAPTER 4: WHAT TO DO IF YOU SEE AN EGG

Love it!!!

Imagine if KI did a web series, they would show a Riptor webisode in the form of a commercial.

Behind the scenes will show how they try to keep the stalkers under control.

Is there any “Jurassic Park” vibes in there?

By the way
 will next week be Omen? Or Aganos?

1 Like

You know what, they actually now have a good setup for a Collector’s Edition. Fulgore Manual, Riptor Manual, Concept Art, A figure (Shago or one of your choice or just a predetermined one, Gargos would be cool) and three seasons of the game. I like this idea :smiley:

3 Likes

This is great.

4 Likes

I wish I could buy a pet velociraptor in real life.

3 Likes

What would happen if you unleashed 30 Riptors into a city at night?

1 Like

Where’s the punchline?

1 Like