Character Backstory - The Ice-Man Cometh

I just realize we need a “marshal Glacius” outfit. I’m imagining a wide brimmed hat and a big gold star

1 Like

I do doubt that one would be taken away :). He only needs 1 right? Doesn’t need every strength to generate one as an overhead armour/counter.

But what if he generated one mid-screen and hoped to trap the opponent with an Ice Lance and Shatter at far?

O…M…G
Space Marshal!

I like this idea!

Can deal with Scarabs better?!?

What if he got a new move where he summons a hail from the ground towards the sky at various ranges, like Shang Tsung? Full screen anti-airs? That’d be awesome.

1 Like

If they took the ability to hold hail , your trap that involves the possibility to summon one mid screen still wont help because shatter has a really long, reactable start up. If he was to summon one mid screen, it would just keep going until the recovery frames finished then you have to go through 20+ more frames just to get a med/heavy shatter.

What if he can hold more than one hail?

He would be broken by myself and other stick players. He would be a better Kan Ra. Its not hard to hold hail and do other stuff on a fight stick. For pad players yea, but not stick/hitbox players.

Maybe they’ll change Hail so that it tracks instead of just flowing downwards, and the different buttons indicates how fast it travels.

what if the launch of the new hail is not performed by the release of the button, but simply stays in air until you press that button again?

Wouldn’t some of Glacius’s setups suffer from this?

Maybe. But what do I know? I don’t play Glacius.

1 Like

If it tracked, I’d think you’d have a hard time with Cinder. Every time you tried to jump, you got Homing Hail to the face…Lol

1 Like

I guess this explains how they used Glacius’ DNA to create Cinder! Interesting stuff :snowflake:

As for the hail improvement, I’m not sure what to expect. Maybe an improvement to shadow hail?

1 Like

So:

-New character hint. The space criminal. Humans(Ultratech) possibly get his technology, use it to decieve Glacius, maybe it’s used in many researchs(Stalker, Cinder, Fulgore, Spinal?, Aria…). Aside for heavy technology user, no more clues
-Glacius improves his Hail. Maybe if performing hail when another hail it’s out, you can summon another hail, or maybe the current hail explodes into a “shatter”, starting a combo
-Another new character hint: Another member from his species. Maybe with totally diferent moveset, involving other elements

Love his new background. As far as I see, Season 1 it’s the first KI tournament, Season 2 it’s more like outside that tournament.

The description implies that they’re keeping enemies at bay… Perhaps hail gets increased knockback?
BTW,excellent new back story! Interesting to see where Glacius fits in the universe

In the olderforums, I had asked if we could get more back story to his race like maybe a female from the same species or another race that has rivaled his race for a while.

Maybe the criminal is an old rivalry race and means we might get another Alien for S3.

3 Likes

that was what I was thinking as well. A hint at a season 3 character.

She might have stole it and left it for Kan-Rah to find, basically setting him up to open the portal because Ultra tech figured out that Kan Rah had the knowledge to do so. Sounds manipulative enough for Ultratech to do.

I think they call that type of assumption going on a hunch.

I think that you’re going a bit over board. They are not writing a best seller here, just background on what happened from Season 2 and hints at what is happening in the next season. I think the point is to get people to guess and brain storm about what things could be. Which I think they hit their mark doing.

3 Likes