Character Backstory - The Ice-Man Cometh

Could this criminal Glacius thought died in the atmosphere be a new character hint for season 3? I hope XD. But cinder looks like he fills the evil Glacius role already. But you never know! Great story. I’m guessing Thunder is next week right?

1 Like

The fold core is what I’m a little bit fuzzy on right now. Obviously that was what Sadira stole from his ship and used to open the portal in one of his Season 1 endings. But then, if that was the fold core, what did Kan-Ra take from his ship to build the Siphon? It clearly had dimension-altering capabilities as well, since he used the life force that he took from Aganos and other fighters to open a portal into Gargos’ realm. Did Kan-Ra and Sadira both have fold cores? Did Sadira lose the fold core after the battle with Glacius, allowing Kan-Ra to find it later? :Ia This is pretty much the only hang-up I’m having right now.

1 Like

If this keeps going, then yes, Thunder’s story is next week (maybe then anyone asking for Eagle to be a playable character should stop)

Anyway , Glacius’ story sounds cool (pardon the pun), and can’t wait to see what improvements he did for his Hail from the training

1 Like

It clearly states in the story that Glacius made an assumption (which, luckily for him, turned out to be correct). An officer of the law who makes decisions based off of assumptions over cold, hard facts is a bad officer.

1 Like

You’re talking about this line? “He assumes that he will eventually confront the one responsible for his
crash and the origin of the alien tech that has uplifted this world.”

If so, then… what else should he have done? Assume that he wouldn’t be able to discover who was responsible for the attack? Assume that he would never figure out who uplifted technology of the world? How would help at all-- where would that leave him? It’s not like he assumed the wrong person had the technology and then wrongfully convicted them for that; it’s not like he disregarded evidence or facts to back up his own conclusions. He simply had confidence that he would be able to get to the bottom of all of the strange things that were going on earth.

2 Likes

Really, guys? You just gave me “hail is improving?” I can’t come up with hopeful speculations based on that, especially when hail is already the most important move Glacius has IMO.

Like the story, though. Intergalactic sheriff? Sounds pretty sweet and noble. Though I kind of liked the previous games where Glacius was a more vengeful character because of ultratech’s abuse. And the whole “my people are not violent” thing is not really suggested by this backstory.

Glacius: Space Cop

1 Like

“And the whole “my people are not violent” thing is not really suggested by this backstory.”

I don’t really see a contradiction just yet. Having a galactic-wide system based on apprehending criminals and bringing them in before they can cause further harm seems fairly peace-oriented. I mean, if we heard that those apprehended by the marshals were immediately execured or given the death penalty or what have you then yeah, that wouldn’t exactly be peaceful… but as it is, it seems like Glacius’ people are pretty dedicated to keeping peace in the galaxy. :’]

2 Likes

Several awesome stuff I like about this:

1-Glacius is a freakin’ SPACE COP!

2- Does this hint at a new character?? If so than YES!

3- His hail gets some new adjustments? makes me curious!

But then there are 3 Glacius?

the first was captured by Ultratech and his shuttle was studied and exploited for its technology, then he managed to escape with his shuttle. (Ki1)

The second was a criminal and his shuttle in his internship was destroyed … exactly as reported by the archives of the new Glacius (KI2)

the third is a sergeant … who turns out that humanity has the technology to which it belongs (presumably taken from the shuttle’s first Glacius).
I like.

Actually I would disregaurd the first two KIs they have been retconed in some way but some bits of the story of have been kept.

the story of Sabrewulf and Jago, keeps the origins of 1 and 2…

1 Like

That’s what I said: the stories have been retconned but some how kept in some small fashion.

In other-words it’s safe to say there has only been one Glacius.I wouldn’t say 3 Glacius with this new timeline.

1 Like

Yes they have. So far, it’s possible the retro-Glacius is a 2nd one running around. Not yet confirmed. The other one can’t be amalgamated as is.

interesting.

Though I hope the supposed “criminal” in this case will actually be a new character that might of survived. lol

The whole story feels like it needs an editor. The “violation of the 88 decrees” is mentioned even three times making it a bit redundant. Yes we get it, that treaty must be respected.

Then the bit about Glacius having an outer shell of different materials, which means there are rock, ice, fire, and all kinds of different Glacius. Not liking this, Glacius is a being of ice, hence his name.

And then there’s this retcon:

Bad writing again.

Glacius studied dimensional folding during his travels? really? One thinks that if his own ship is equipped with one, that’s the technology developed by scientists of all planets, during centuries and costing millions of credits, where the risks and dangers have been well documented, this is not some side job one gets when the ship is on autopilot “let’s investigate the dangers of this”
Nuclear power dangers have been studied all around the world, not by the commander of a nuclear submarine in his free time.

This story feels like the first draft of something, it needs polish and a peer review.

Anyways, the stories are just excuses to tease new moves so, it’s ok.

I found Jago’s story to be really good, Sabrewulf’s kinda good, but this one needed another round of editing.

It kinda throws general ideas at you, like a screenplay:

“Sadira opens the portal but it bluffs 'cause whatever”
“Glacius comrades can be made of anything”
“Treaty 88 is such a big deal”

1 Like

It’s a good hope :stuck_out_tongue:

not even a reason? not a simple “the horrors start pouring out of the
hole but Glacius annihilates them and closes it before it’s too late”.

I admit, this would be badass! Would love that little extra bit of context that gives explanation and shows how capable Glacius is. Either that or just say that the tech malfunctioned due to how hastily it was removed from his ship, or something.

I agree that the 88 Decrees is a little too vague for my tastes, but as these updated backstories are still fairly quick little blurbs, I wasn’t expecting them to go in an fully break down an alien code of law. (Though I would love it if they did, ha).

Glacius studied dimensional folding during his travels? really? One
thinks that if his own ship is equipped with one, that’s the technology
developed by scientists of all planets, during centuries and costing
millions of credits, where the risks and dangers have been well
documented, this is not some side job one gets when the ship is on
autopilot “let’s investigate the dangers of this”

Again, this is a fair criticism. But I don’t think they were meaning to imply that Glacius studied the technology of his ship while it was traveling through space. The fold core probably was developed and put through vigorous testing as you said. I think what they probably meant was that Glacius studied a subset of folding space, something that occurred on an individual level like Kan-Ra’s opening a portal–it’s just that, like you said, this bit is chiefly to tease an updated move so the writing was vague and unclear and thusly didn’t properly convey that.

I totally agree, the lore nerd in me would love to see stuff that went even more in-depth than this and was generally more developed, but I think that’s probably not their focus with these. I do appreciate them making an effort to tie in the S1 and S2 stories while making the very first steps into S3.

1 Like

Hail is getting buffs? Oh no… Lol an even more tough time with the one character I cannot beat. I must train harder! I must surpass… The Satsu- Er…Tiger Spirit. Cough

1 Like

I just hope they don’t take away the only thing that makes Glacius viable in the higher level of play. The ability to hold his hail over his head for a period of time while doing other stuff. This is the only thing keeping Glacius from trash tier.

1 Like