Character Backstory - Murder of Crows

Too safe an answer.

Should have went with Washington

Not going to lie I did not expect such a modern twist in this backstory. It’s rather interesting

:zap:

“One them” - that’s bad grammar in your own story, @thekeits. Please fix it and don’t let mistakes like that into your game - it’s unprofessional! …and I see enough of that in the Netherrealm Studios’ game bios. i don’t want to see it here - you’re better than that! Proofread!

In regards to the story, I love that Aganos and Thunder are best buds now; something just feels so right about it - I can already picture our golem living on the reservation with a buffalo on his head or something. :cow:

I like that they bring Thunder’s retro full-circle and legitimize its appearance (Thunder in “the early days”) in the game. If they eventually release a football jersey outfit, I’ll go nuts.

Also, drug-dealers and a fire? Sounds like Sabrewulf and Cinder to me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thunder! Thunder! Thunder Ca… Crows! :laughing:

:zap:

2 Likes

One - woosah. Two - no need to call someone out in such a fashion. Want to provide feedback? Do so like any respectful individual would do. Three - why pick on that person when clearly the name in the article is mine? Four - fixed.

Was that so hard?

5 Likes

What? Why am I tagged here?

3 Likes

He won’t actually be incorporated at all. Here’s a quote from @TempusChaoti

“Hinmatoon.”

Wasn’t his name Hinnamatoom? and if this is referred to as his Nez Perce name, does that mean his “normal” name is Thunder? Like, “Hey, that was a nice touchdown, Thunder!”

And I’m surprised there wasn’t any mention of the “Mysterious Figure” that was supposedly manipulating Thunder in Season 1. is that no longer true?

I like the connection he has with Aganos, that seems like a good team to me lol

2 Likes

The lore was good. A lot better than the other ones which were pretty much the same with little to know difference. I was sort of hoping that because this was an alternate world unlike ours that Native Americans weren’t exiled to reservations and instead were just common people in the KI world, not a near extinct race.

1 Like

@Rukizzel

I was polite. I said please. I was actually trying to refer to the entire dev team as a whole, but Keits is the only dev name I can ever remember, so I tagged him to ensure that at least somebody saw the post and mistake - I feared that if I simply put “the devs” it would go unnoticed or ignored. Furthermore, I don’t personally keep track of who does what on the team. It was never meant to be negative or to harm anyone. I was just genuinely shocked a mistake like this got past an entire development team before finalization and going public with it (again, since I’ve seen it so often in the past with other developers in their games). It also doesn’t help that, as a teacher, I have certain expectations regarding grammar (especially from highly-educated professionals). Not to mention, how easily things can be misconstrued online since there is no real way to interact face-to-face.

That being said, thank you for fixing it.

I’ve already delivered a personal apology and explanation to Keits via PM. Please don’t hate me. :tired_face:

References to game of thrones!!

Very interesting bio! Thunder’s rampage through the UltraTech building sounded rad.

On another note, all of these bios have been very cool, and I can’t wait to see Sadira’s and Orchid’s in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Yea he’s a pretty crazy dude! I really like that part too lol

The mysterious figure had already been revealed to be ARIA

I imagine when he smashed his car through the gates he was yelling SKUBA STEVA!

7 Likes

6 Likes

there was an old thread with suggestions for adding to this move. I suggested the Tomahawk from KI1… maybe that will be it? who knows? But the tomahawk move in KI1 gave thunder a way to jump over projectiles and come down on the opponenet with an overheard attack and start a combo

1 Like

Such a toughie… He’s already amazing. What change could nuance the Sammamish and keep it somewhat relevant when Thunder likely doesn’t really need any changes?

This is intriguing.

Very nice modernization of the his story.

Yea that’s true, but it’s still not mentioned at all in the story posted. So I’m not sure if it was retconned, or just not mentioned for whatever reason.

Beautifully written.

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll see that happening. If Eagle is even alive he lives on as Fulgore.

1 Like