Character Backstory - Fulgore Mark 03 Field Manual-L

ROFL. I’ll get that one nabbed. I swear I took it out.

2 Likes

Hah CYBORG BRAIN!!! Booooya hes eagle! No more please make eagle threads as weve had him all this time!

1 Like

Wow! I can only imagine how much it took to make that whole thing happen. GREAT job!

I’m guessing this will be a little polarizing. Some might’ve expected a straight story, and those might be disappointed, but I love the idea of picking tidbits out of an owners manual theme for Fulgore. That fits him well.

So many details in there too, leading to many questions. Is there a reason why we’re getting THIS specific instruction? Has something happened to Fulgore? His brain? What might that, or his rebelliousness have to do with Eagle and season 3?

Is he getting a shield? His old Reflect move? How will they change his eye laser? Will it be what it was, or might it function differently? Could he be getting some sort of samaging self destruct type of move? A radiation move?

I could be reading too much in to all of this, but if he winds up getting more than an eye laser adjustment, we could certainly be looking at one of the two reworked characters. Seems a bit odd given that the character won EVO, but we’ll see!

I’am pretty sure they are talking about his Shadow Laser version… its not that usefull right now!

His Shadow Laser is working fully. It relieves pressure and resets neutral grounded, and can make unsafe DP’s safe against some characters. His Heavy Eye laser is almost useless. It works for distance jumpins but from crossup distance or against Sadira, Cinder, or Aria they can all just fly over it and get a relatively free punish most of the time. It’s one of those situational moves that, you’re better off just using a dp instead.

2 Likes

This was really well done. I love the idea of reading the manual of the the Fulgore unit. Kudos for the creativity.

I can’t believe they referred to a 500+ page in-field eye-laser reallignment procedure as “simple instuctions” LOL!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, when it mentioned accidental devestation beam activation:“please see funeral arrangements” LOL x2!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, we have to wait until January? So, that’s like what? a week or 2 (or maybe 3)? I think we’ll be just fine! Enjoy your holidays and let us know how that goes. :wink:

I’m only mildly disappointed that there wasn’t more backstory involving Eagle himself. :expressionless:
That being said, after those instructions, I don’t have a clue as to how exactly Hinmatoom is going to rescue him - I doubt he’s got the training to be able to pull that off without blowing both of them up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

At first I couldn’t wait to delve into this…then I started and it was not what I imagined it would be. I thought it would be more of a back story, but I think that this one gives out more hints than any before as far as potential moves coming in the future.

I am wondering if the shield reflector will be the KI1 version, KI2 version or totally redone. It seems like the shield will actually be able to damage the opponent as well. Not sure if it will be a reflect like move that Rose has from the SF series. Where you have the option to send it back or absorb it for more reactor pips. Whether it will be a timing move or not will also be something curious to me.

As for Fulgore’s self destruction, I think that is just for showing how important this model is, I don’t think he’ll have a Predator like move that does damage and gives white damage to Fulgore much like Kan Rah’s sand splosion does.

As for the eye lasers, I was hoping for an adjustment to heavy laser for a bit more range, or maybe they might change it where if you hold or double tap the button you can spend a pip to increase the range. It said something about it being able to be adjusted in the field, so that makes me believe that it will be something that can change during the fight some how.

And finally, not sure if Fulgore is going to get some mini hype beam thing going on. Maybe an adjusted hype beam that is shorter in distance but does more damage possibly? Excited to see what changes will come.

Though I think that character won EVO mainly because it was a great counter pick against Thunder, and he played the match perfectly. Zoning. Though most cases, Fulgore is still pretty difficult to use.

Maybe his reflector absorbs projectiles and it increases his reactor speed. When he has full meter,his radiation does damage to the opponent over time if you are close. This can encouage agressove play with full bar and not just zone it out forever.

2 Likes

I like that idea. It could generate white damage if his reactor gauge is over loaded. That might increase Fulgore’s potential damage output while he’s in instinct as well if that’s a trait of instinct. Then that would make his instinct a lot better than just building meter.

You almost sound disappointed in that discovery?

Slowly and in a balanced way of course. The damage is increased in instinct of course. If he is getting hit,it doesn’t work of course. I think IG wants Fulgore to stop running away and use fireballs baiting a jump for a hype beam. This change can work drastically.

I for one would love to see Eagle make an appearance in Season 3. I mean it makes all the sense to have him in the game. And they already said in Thunders bio that he was a grapler/boxer…so probably that MMA fighter. Though I thought that TJ kinda had that down with his dive tackle move that he had. Maybe Eagle could have some chain throw combo’s a la King from the Tekken series. Really haven’t had a character with multiple throw options other than Hisako.

that is a possibility. Though there are man characters that have answers for Fulgors “zoning”. Orchid, Shago, Wulf, Oman can all just slide right under it. Also blocking his projectiles really doesn’t do to much against the opponent because it doesn’t help Fulgore generate meter like Jago’s does. It’s still a good strategy, but I think most seasoned players know better and will just wait it out. I like the tech of using hype beam after wall splat better. Not sure how much damage is scaled when doing that, but seems to do a good deal of damage, as long as the move doesn’t option select and throw a jab in there blowing out the combo prior to the beam coming out.

It is his zoning and then a random teleport mixed in which is a tricky mix up. Plus the white damage idea might solve Fulgore’s low damage input issue.

exactly, might be a gimmick, but like you said, it would promote a more aggressive style.

So are you telling me that every time we beat up Fulgore, some poor sap has to travel to Fulgore’s body, go through these instructions and pray that they follow it precisely, lest they be killed by one of Fulgore’s many security systems?

Certainly wouldn’t want to be that guy.

3 Likes