Chance for S4 announcement at E3?

They was still pushing out destiny content until they announced destiny 2. Why can’t they announce a new KI?
Seasons are so overrated people has already put in $120 into the game if they bought the ultra combo pack for all 3 seasons. I don’t plan on spending 40 more dollars on another season. This game is going to be 4 years old this year its time to just let it die and bring in a new sequel. There is no hype behind the game anymore.

The hype leading up to this last round of Ultimates says hello.

What hype? I don’t see any hype…

1 Like

I completely disagree. I wouldn’t mind a new Ki announced, but I would be ecstatic if they announced season 4 at e3.

Well, this thread did have a ton of likes, comments and views. Whether or not your own personal level of hype was high, the thread certainly didn’t have any tumbleweeds blowing through it.

4 Likes

Let’s be honest here. They could essentially call destiny 2 season 2 instead.
You say you want a new sequel for KI with I imagine a new engine, graphics etc. Well destiny 2 isn’t being built on a new engine. Making it easier to churn out a sequel for it.

Let’s not forget that destiny is one of the biggest properties on the market. A team that’s infinitely larger than iron galaxy with a budget in the hundreds of millions. That game/company is like a machine. Of course they can pump out a sequel. Destiny probably made 1000x more profit that KI too.

I’m no fan of destiny but comparing it to KI in why we should be getting a sequel is silly. Also, there’s plenty of us who would prefer a season 4 at this point. I’d find it more outdated to just stop giving us seasons and constant updates and instead we get a sequel with half the content we already have :expressionless:

1 Like

lol there’s no hype.

I would rather hope for KI2 season one wishful thinking

2 Likes

One out of three… Do you really think a new season would bring new non remixes beyond this new character?

Don’t know. Heck I don’t even now if we are getting a new season.

chance=slim to none. It will be like the general raam thing. They will only announce the last missing character. I will bet money lol

What if it’s Drew

From Scalebound if I recalled correctly?

He’s homeless now. He’d technically be new and they’d definitely have to make a move set from scratch. Just an interesting thought but I bet @rukizzel can debunk it easily.

1 Like

Don’t you mean he’s gameless now? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue:

I am hype for Ultimates. There’s lots of hype for this game, for the new character releases and for any potential new content. Don’t pretend to speak for everybody. Especially when your idea of hype is to kill the game in favor of a sequel that isn’t going to happen.

5 Likes

My thoughts are the same.

assuming a new sequel comes for the next XB system.

Certainly not THE answer. But at this point, I’d have to think that they want as many arrows in their quiver as they can possibly make.

Well, to be fair, Sony also rode the wave of awful MS publicity leading up to the XB1 launch, capitalizing on every possible moment they had to make MS look like an incompetent, out of touch corporation while painting themselves as the good time bros that just want to play games.

Of course, having the more powerful AND cheaper console without a Kinect were the major factors, but Sony destroying MS in the PR battle certainly played a role coming out of the gate, I’d have to think.

So if MS is banking on simply having the more powerful console, without having the lower price point and the PR on their side, I personally think that might be a miscalculation on their part. But what do I know? I’m just lobbing opinions from the safety of the cheap seats. :slight_smile:

They don’t have the luxury of Sony stepping all over themselves with bad policies and worse responses to inquiries about them. So in a way, to me at least, having a slew of positive announcements to make at E3 as it pertains to what people should be excited about in the second half of the year and leading up to Scorpio’s launch might be the best PR they could possibly get which, to me, means every bit of good news they can muster.

So while KI would be a rather small piece of that PR small (okay, very small), being able to come out and say “hey, this thing that we’ve been doing for years now, that keeps growing little by little? Well, we’re going to continue it” doesn’t seem like the worst idea, even if it’s not something that’ll shatter the Earth and swallow Sony alive.

Just my two cents though. Again, I could be way off on this.

It’s all anecdotal, of course. But I see this opinion a lot lately, whether it comes to comments sections on IGN articles or on Twitter or whatever. It seems to be a relatively accepted, or at least pervasive opinion among the more hardcore gaming audience (ie the type of people that would go to websites or post opinions on gaming sites, etc) that MS has had a very weak first half of 2017 in terms of exclusives, and that the latter half of 2017 doesn’t look much better.

Even if KI isn’t some huge feather in their cap (and who can say for sure how much MS values the IP, as Phil seems to like it and they keep putting out more stuff for it), it’s still an announcement and it’d be an announcement that would come at a time when they could certainly use as much good news about their lineup as possible.

Yeah I don’t know why this is even a question. If we got a 4th season, it’d presumably be all new characters. Anyone wants to worry about more guests, fine. That might be a legitimate worry, but remixes? Nah. Maybe one or two, tops. I still tend to doubt it though.

Now post season 4? All bets are off.

Why, so people can play the crap out of it for a month and then forget about it? Honestly, I’ve been around since the first day the DH forums opened for KI and I can tell you personally that the community has grown around this game by leaps and bounds over the years.

Had they just released a single game at launch and been done with it, I don’t think it’d be nearly as successful. Maybe that means the series is set up now for a full fledged sequel that’s a full game from the get go, but I dunno. Personally, I like the constant stream of content.

I think that there was some hype for something that people have been wanting to see for a long time, especially when Ultimates were first announced. A lot of people were over the moon about FINALLY getting what they’d been asking for.

Yeah, I could see them announcing the last character at E3. Maybe even doing one of those “and they’re out today” kind of deals, especially given the timing of previous releases (January for Kilgore, March for Shin Hisako).

I don’t think that means this would be KI’s only announcement though. If they’re going to take up stage time (theoretically), then I doubt they’d do it to put one final bow on a game. I’m still thinking that IF they have Rukari or someone else come out to announce anything KI related, it’ll be to confirm season 4 and then show the trailer for Eagle or whoever character 3 is.

Just a guess though.

Just to put in a quick response…

I saw an Aaron’s Greenburg tweet about Phantom Dust calling it a fan favorite and another MS exclusive. Thats not wrong, but something about the head of marketing making the case that an HD remake of an old exclusive that sold very poorly as an Xbox exclusive makes me re-evaluate my earlier comment. I think MS may well think any and all games are equal when it comes to scoring points with the public.

As far as the current gen console launches, I think the price alone explains all of the sales differential in the first six months of the generation. The power is the second issue but it’s way behind price. But thePR beating that MS took and that Sony catapulted over is why the PS 4, even last year when MS had better software, is still selling better.

I hope that scorpio is a huge success. I have no reason to want it to fail. But I’m really dubious.

Edit. This is a reply to @Iago407. I think I might have hit the wrong button.