Cant play online due to performance test

ok got tying that now think we are getting some where :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The reason i put so much pressure on upgrading to Win10, is not because of money.
The $800 computer i have is meant for music, and i have already run through some crazy settings adjustments to make sure that i can get the best sound performance out of my Win7. Upgrading to Win10 would mean that i have to re-learn that stuff on a brand new OS, and it risks the potential that the upgrade could have some bad effects on the performance.[quote=“Jarriaga89, post:38, topic:7847”]
That reeks of someone who has no idea about how PC parts work, and is actually condescending to those who ironically brag about their systems,
[/quote]

I DONT KNOW HOW PC PARTS WORK. Thats why im here! Everything ive ever done with PC settings has been through YouTube Videos.

This is 100% accurate.

I WAS told this, by people who call THEMSELVES part of the “PC Master race”, Who DO troll console topics.

HD Tune Pro: ST2000DM001-1CH164 Error Scan

Scanned data : 2000 gB
Damaged Blocks : 0.0 %
Elapsed Time : 0:40

Any of this info help? looks ok to me

Fair enough then. If you meant no ill then I apologize.

Upgrading to an Nvidia card doesn’t automatically guarantee better performance. Some AMD cards perform better in some games while Nvidia GPU’s in other games.

As such, it’s down to the numbers. Either an Nvidia or AMD GPU that matches (Or exceeds) the performance of the recommended specs. “Recommended specs” is a loose term for “high fidelity visuals”.

In this particular case, the recommended GPU is the Nvidia GTX 660, but OP’s 760 is more powerful, so it should be able to handle the game even with the pretty stuff and effects on, so the problem is somewhere else.

As a reference, I have the exact same CPU as OP ( i5 4670K), and an Nvidia GTX 770. My score is 1504 with all settings on high and effects on @1080p.

OP should be getting at least 1100.

here is a benchmark for the read speed

I don’t know HDtune, but can confirm your HD utiliziation should be nowhere near 100% when idle. More like 6. SOMETIMES a process will come up, like some stealth auto-update or check, that’ll make your machine go crazy, but for me that doesn’t last not even 5 minutes. If something is keeping you at 100% all the time, even with KI off, then it’s probably some malware/adware type stuff

1 Like

Every post on this thread and every number i see in a post confuses me.
how can you tell how fast a GPU is just by the name?
I have an AMD, but i heard that brand is just really bad.

Also, i have a 3.4Ghz Quad core Processor, but i found out that AMD processors are so bad, that my 3.4Ghz is actually equally as fast as the 2.5Ghz you would usually get with a single-core Mac. To make things worse, Games run better when you only use 1 core, so my 4 cores mean nothing.

This info may be wrong, but i CANT figure out what is the truth, because apparently the numbers lie.
1Ghz of CPU could be better or worse than 1Ghz of CPU in a different brand. 1G of GPU could be better or worse than 1G of GPU from another brand. Sometimes i worry that i wasted my money.

How can you get a CLEAR understanding of what part is better than another?

Seek Error Rate has dropped to 60, and your threshold (The parameter the hard drive is deemed bad) is 30, so it -is- performing erratically.

ok so we looking at a format + new HDD?

GPU specs are publicly available. Each new generation can be compared to the old generation in order to get an idea of how it should perform. You can also use websites such as GPU Boss or Game Debate, which allow you to directly compare and rate GPUs.

http://gpuboss.com/compare-gpus

http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?list=gfxDesktop

AMD GPU’s are not bad. It’s on a per-game basis. In some they destroy Nvidia GPU’s and vice-versa.

CPU’s are more complicated. Just running at 3.4 means little. A 2006 CPU at 3.4 is not going to perform like a 2016 CPU at 3.4 AMD CPU’s are not as powerful as Intel’s in general because they prioritize low power consumption and higher number of cores over raw performance with fewer cores.

Old games are not optimized for multi-core computers, so they perform worse. However, newer games make use of multiple cores, so AMD CPU’s are getting an edge. More so now with DX12.

As a general rule, CPU’s can’t be compared directly between different brands, but GPU’s can be compared.

1 Like

@DeathBlooms2K8

I am paranoid that the upgrade process will add some permanent effects on my computer. Even 1% of extra permanent CPU usage is a big deal in music.

If you can confirm for me that the upgrade will not add ANY extra processes that you wouldn’t see in a computer that has Win10 by default, i would happily upgrade tonight.

am sorry but can you go start a thread of your own please? am trying to get my issue fixed here

Im asking for almost the same issue to be solved.

I will delete my posts if i get an answer to this one last question.

Not necessarily, but keep checking that number and replace the hard drive if it keeps getting close to the threshold number.

Right now the next step is to uninstall any unnecessary app from your system, re-install your Nvidia drivers (Clean install), and run an anti-malware, which can affect system performance and skip virus protection.

ok ran a malware scan am clean, think ill format tomorrow see about that if not ill just get a new HDD

MsMpEng.exe is using ALOT of my system mainly the harddrive. looked into it and its windows defender

Disconnect from the Internet, then turn it off in the Control Panel. See how your system reacts.

Remember to turn it back on before you enable your Internet connection again.

■■■■■■■ GOT IT! i just uninstalled avast and am using windows defender atm and i got 1012 on the test. HDD is on 6% now looking more stabel aswell

2 Likes

There you go.

got any tips on a good anti virus :stuck_out_tongue: