Cant play online due to performance test

I’m using Avast myself :joy: :sweat_smile:

Windows Defender is decent so long you don’t frequent download sites.

wonder why avast and MsMpEng.exe conflict so much then?

In general, that will happen when 2 anti-virus systems are present.

Try to update your GPU and CPU drivers.

Or you could try to overclock your GPU.

My recommendation is to make sure you have the most recent drivers. They just were updated on the 28th.

Also download this to properly monitor your GPU usage during the performance test.

This will tell you if you’re maxing out your GPU or tell what is taxing it.

Report back after.

1012 while passing still isn’t satisfactory given your hardware, I wouldn’t stop the search for resolving the issue.

1 Like

congrats man! yeah I only use Windows Defender as that’s supposed to be an anti-virus. i haven’t had a third party anti-virus in years. Then again I only go to mainstream websites and don’t go trying to pirate or crack this, that and the other. As long as your browsing habits are tame shouldn’t have any issues.

1 Like

Someone in another thread recommended disabling the second monitor (provided you have one) as that boosted him/her from 998/1000 to about 1500/1000. For the AMD GPU users, apparently the newer Crimson drivers don’t work as well as the older ones, specifically with some newer video cards. Catalyst drivers still function as expected apparently.

still only getting 1010 in the test. ill take what I can get.

Something is seriously wrong here… I have GTX660m and I5 3210m, a lot weaker innards than you, and I can play it with 1053x576 (i dont remember exact numbers, u know which one res it is), with textures high, bloom and anti aliasing.

I can bet that this is drivers fault. I play on 362.00 and pass benchmark, but when I upgraded to latest one (365.10), i could not pass benchmark with same settings.

Try older driver. Just NOT try 364.xx series, I heard they can mess up GPU`s pretty bad.

I have a decent gaming laptop and have to set everything to low low low to ■■■ the test. I was playing Overwatch in full HD, etc, over the weekend. Go figure.