Can we know if Eyedol is in Season 3 or not?

IMO Gargos minions are mimics, they can morph themselves into actual characters. Maybe thats the reason behind the purple shadows.

At the end, Omen its an “independent, hostless mimic”

Still, Eyedol its required

2 Likes

That would be cool AF, and a good wink to the original KI. I Hope IG had the same idea!

Well i do not really need Eyedol but he is a KI Original and i whould choose him over one of the too many guest characters in Season 3!

I think Rash is ok because he is from an other Rare classic, but i really dont need the arbiter. Dont get me wrong, i love Halo but i think one Guest per season is enough. I really liked the new chars IG and DH where doing, and i whould have rather seen more of them.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.

-xSkeletalx

1 Like

I thought Rash was a better idea for a guest since he was a part of the rare franchise, I don’t really like the Arbiter in KI. It’s fun to fire bullets from him but I would have rather had an original design than him but I think MS is trying to get Halo fans involved with KI. Rash I’ve been having a lot of fun with and think he fits in greatly in KI though. It is hard for me to believe that there will be only 1 new design in Season 3. I mean yeah Sadira was the only new character in Season 1 but MS was trying to bring in the most popular characters in for Season 1 so that KI could grow again.

1 Like

True!

I don’t know how well the season sold, but MS could have given IG a bigger Budget and more time to Work on season 3 so they could make a bigger package with more than 8 maybe 10 Chars and at least 5 new Stages. Then i whould not mind the Arbiter that much.

For completion sake, Eyedol should return - be it in this Season or the next or as a Community-funded extra.

Furthermore, he doesn’t need to look or act exactly like he did in the original game. IG could make him entirely different (both design-wise and gameplay-wise), with a revamped look, a reimagined playstyle and zero cheapness. I mean, look at how Goro was in the original MK and how he is now.

Lore-wise, he would still be a valid option for this season, if he was to be used as Gargos’ ultimate “weapon” (like Doomsday is to Lex Luthor in the Batman v Superman movie) or, like @M00NLightNinja said, if he was unleashed by ARIA as a countermeasure against Gargos (“desperate times call for desperate measures”), once Ultratech discovered they were bitter rivals in the Astral Plane (“the enemy of my enemy is my friend”).

The possibilities are endless. IG managed to rework KI2 characters to make them fit into this new iteration without the time travel concept. They made a mummy look cool and fearsome. Why wouldn’t they be able to do the same to an otherwise “lame” character?

My last advice to all Eyedol fans is: ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE. Remember Shadow Jago.

HYPE ON!

5 Likes

The problem are Eyedol defeating Gargos then beating everyone down. Who can stop Eyedol? Tusk?!

Tusk Vs Eyedol are consistent to the KI story i guess. It gives Tusk a big purpose on being immortal since he calls himself “the watchmmen of the Gods”. The Gods demand the death of Eyedol and so Gargos too. Both demons shall be banished from existence.

When ultratech uses Eyedol to battle against Gargos something really goes wrong. Omen possesses Eyedol and become stronger than ever and season 4 aka the very last KI season begins.

2 Likes

I would like the sorry in May to end with gargos taking over and everyone teaming together still isn’t strong enough to stop them. So aria decides in the July update to release another God eyedoll into the world to give them time to come up with a way to stop them. Aria teams up with kan ra on how to reverse the portal to suck them both back into their realms. Maybe even aria makes omen a deal if he stops the destruction of earth who will give him some kind of power.

1 Like

Not a bad storyline. It’s complicated yet believable. I don’t think Ultratech would be able to “persuade” or “convince” Eyedol to work for them, so just opening the portal to let him in and buy time certainly sounds plausible!!

1 Like

This isn’t the old ultratech though.

everything fighting games needs today are consistent story. The rest is profit.

There are three feasible Eyedol story-lines I could see working.

1. Eyedol is aligned with Ultratech, by his own will or by force. He’s brought from the void to combat Gargos as a backup plan if things go wrong and ARIA is unable to convince the Earth warriors to stop him.

2. Eyedol is aligned with Gargos, think of him as the Starscream to his Megatron. Eyedol could be a lieutenant in Gargos’ army, one that is eager to overthrow his master. Or he could be a loyal minion but I don’t see that happening.

3. Eyedol is the other shadow lord, either a rival or ally to Gargos. The mode is called “Shadow LORDS” after all and that implies there is more than one shadow lord, they also said characters would bring with them new Shadow Lords content. So it would make sense why they announced Gargos this early if there is another lord yet to be revealed.

Overall I think the rivalry should be left intact, even if they are allies.

6 Likes

Well omen is a Candaite. Could also be a new shadow lord. It just wouldn’t make sense having eyedol come up right now.

Plus too, IG or anyone hasn’t been modding or telling or whatever to edit their posts when it comes to eyedol. Yet when chrome done is mentioned everything needs to be silenced.

How would it not make sense, I just came up with three reasons why it would?

Also, IG wouldn’t try to conceal speculation about a new character, even if it was correct. The only time they censor folks if is they are discussing leaked content. Those are two completely different scenarios.

1 Like

Eyedol wasn’t leaked. I like the story ideas brought forth @xCrimsonLegendx mainly the 1st one, I don’t think there’s enough build up for 3 to happen given there was no mention of him anywhere prior to this.

They also said in the leak gargos wasn’t in the game so they were clearly wrong.

There would have a been a reference to eyedol if he was under UT control. And vice versa with gargos. Even the smallest hint. When you pop up out of nowhere just like that? That’s anti climatic.

he needs to come for sure, his great rival gargos is trying to invade the earth (from new single player mode) and eyedol can’t simply stops and watch. it would be a big great final climax if under the threat of gargos, eyedol and ultratech would make an alliance. then, when gargos is defeated, eyedol would try himself to conquest the earth and will become the newest, gigantic, strongest final boss. please take a look at his real dimensions from the very first ki, it’s really enormus and perfectly matches as the very real final boss.

plus, he is from original game, can be redesigned pretty well without alter too much his appearance, since this is a reboot. we don’t need new chars in the brand, as stereotypical vampires like mira, samara from the ring or kahn ra from the mummy, nor clones like eagle, we already have the native american and his name is thunder, and neither redundant guests chars, we already have one from halo, one from gow, one from battletoads (??? i wonder how many people would need rash in this game, really, a frog from semi-unknow game coming from the other side of human history), what forced guest chars we still need??? any cars from forza??

this is KILLER INSTINCT (not GENERIC INSTINCT or RANDOM GUESTS INSTINCT), a game that has a big fan base despit its age and needs respect for its history and its fans who invested money in it. one char left to have a full complete reboot and you want a new-something s*it?? all users that don’t want eyedol back aren’t fans, neither players, but simply trolls and they need to stay far from the game. also, the game devs don’t like eyedol? i don’t care, they chosen to make a ki reboot, then they will make eyedol. few, but sure. when you get a work, you take all with it, what you like and what you don’t. simply. for example, i didn’t like thunder, tj combo and cinder, but they are part of the brand, so i bought and respect them.

What if their talks about Eyedol being difficult to redesign was just to leave us hopeless about him coming back but it was their plan all the time to have him as the true final boss? I like that thought. I’m calling it now.

1 Like