Can we know if Eyedol is in Season 3 or not?

They could do that as well. Though personally I’d like to see a new big bad introduced in season 4 should we get it.

Ultratech was evil in the past. They wanted to weaponize everything and basically take over the world. But they needed to test their weapons…which was defeated by orchid and the others. ARIA’s motives are arguably the “nicest” in the story. She has good intentions. She doesn’t want to wipe out the human race and rebuild like ultron, she doesn’t want to enslave them like gargos, she wants to save whatever is left and upgrade them.

But humanity is weak and cannot defend themselves. So…she needs to spank them. Get them moving. Light a fire underneath them…or they will be doomed and ARIA will have failed.

When you hype up the shadow lord like gargos but then just all of a sudden pull eyedol out of a hat with nothing more then trying to fight gargos for control? We already got that with ARIA and the rebels. If he came back in that state he would be nothing more then fodder at that point.

We got the final showdown with ARIA and gargos. So…why not let that play out?

1 Like

You bring up a good point. Eyedol hasn’t been mentioned anywhere in the new game at all, so him showing up without build up could appear anti-climatic to many of the players who have never heard of him. However, Gargos has been the only returning character that has had build up in between seasons that say he was showing up. The only other character that got that treatment was Aria. The other returning characters never got any build up besides their teases in trailers.

Though for all we know, Season 3’s story mode could drop a ton of hints to him returning in season 4.

Lore wise it would be wtf moment and probably not do well because yeah. S3 could hint at his return. I can’t say anything more since I got nothing to go off of.

Though I do raise a question. If “he” was leaked so far in advance from the other characters…you would think someone would have found and leaked info about the final character at some point in some way.

That all depends on how updated the version of the game was that the leaker had. If you recall, the leak only had [REDACTED]'s name shown. No visible assets were in game and I doubt any other assets for them were put into the game at that point as well. Likely the last slot at that point was just a copy paste of Jago’s character select coding because they were still working on Mira. Whoever is the last character was probably only being worked on conceptually at the time of the leak and wouldn’t have any data or assets made for them yet.

Makes sense.

Maybe isn’t mentioned because he is trapped under Gargos control and when Gargos is defeated, he will became free… Like the original games but in the inverse order.
Maybe he was so well hidden under Gargos dimension that even Aria didn’t know of his existence.

Or maybe… Why do Gargos want to invade Earth? What happened to his dimension? Maybe he was fucked up by Eyedol minions and Eyedol himself and thus makes Gargos more like a “misunderstanded by lack of knowledge by the good guys” kinda villain.

Aria is the villain of season 2 because he wants to release Gargos to reunite humanity and have and excuse to “upgrade” humanity. But what if Gargos want to go to the earth so badly because Gargos homeland is totally demolished by other Shadow Lord aka Eyedol? That would be a twist really cool.

2 Likes

You do know ARIA is basically a neutral good character right? But that’s a whole nother discussion.

You could call it “bad deeds, good intentions”

More like… She is… well, an AI. Sometimes act good, sometimes act bad. She is not human, so she can’t feel. She does what her algorritms thinks are the better for humanity. She is like… Dr. Doom. Acts by her own things. Sometimes she helps, sometimes not. She wants to preserve the humanity at any cost. Like Magneto with the mutants. Is not THE villain but sometimes acts like it. During season 1 and season 2 she was like the villain until we know her real plans. But she let Kan-Ra release Gargos. She acted like Ozymandias in Watchmen. Orchid probably gonna be the Rorshack of KI, xD

ARIA is kinda like Marvel’s Ultron. She sees as the only way for humanity to survive is to become evolved synthetic beings, and the rest just has to die, because they are weaker and thus irrelevant against the threat that is Gargos.

I wouldn’t call her “good” by any means though. She might believe her path is the right one, but that doesn’t mean it is. And wanting people who don’t/can’t evolve to just be left behind and be killed isn’t something any “good” person would want.

Anyways, that is off-topic.

As for Eyedol, I REALLY hope he will NOT be in Season 3. That means, with the knowledge we have, that Mira will be the only new original character in the game. And to me, that would just suck so much! I’d rather wait for Eyedol to return in Season 4, maybe end the game with him and Gargos clashing one last time.

I’ll leave the ARIA discussion for some other time. Right now mr .eyes. I just can’t see him coming back. gargos is defeated. So…if eyedol came back it would basically be the same thing except with him instead of gargos. A repeat basically.

Players did actually. It was DH which put their veto on him, cause they did not like him.

If You asked for my opinion, i wanted eyedol over gargos.

1 Like

Agree

I even say more

Eyedol>Fulgore>Gargos>Rest of the old characters

2 Likes

I really hope they release eyedol as the last character in S3 (or the mysterious 9th character)

I always liked him better than Gargos

It colud be like a crazy overturn like one of those GTA games. Surprise! Shadow Eyedol may give us a season 4 eventually.

I am kind of hoping Eyedol isn’t captured/summoned by UT in this game, I feel like that makes him look a bit weak. I hope maybe he (and his forces) somehow come through the portal or is somehow brought into the KI Earth by some other means. I do like that idea though, that Eyedol comes in and is somehow the “true” boss of the game.

I doubt It but you never know. Gargos appears as a playable character and not a boss so if Eyedol does somehow show up, he’ll probably also be a non-boss character.

I know I’m super late to the party but yeah, “new” doesn’t mean new to KI it means new to this game. Eyedol still stands a slim chance. Plus if Gargos is really trying to take over the world, only having three characters in his faction wouldn’t really make it seem like an invasion.

1 Like

I’m going to remain optimistic, and that “new character” means “new to KI 2013”! Here’s hoping that IG include my favourite character!

2 Likes