Can the CPU not do full ultras please?

this thread

3 Likes

a cpu ultra is like an unskippable cutscene, an annoyance that should be removed no matter how much some people tells others to ā€œman up and deal with itā€

I man up waking up at 5 in the morning to work, not by watching ultras on tv

2 Likes

Which goes back to another thing I said where you canā€™t control the community. People will want you to stop something, and others wonā€™t stop doing that something. So really, it is something that just needs to be accepted that both sides exist and it wonā€™t change. All that will happen is, someone will get fed up with it, and quit for a while and come back or not come back. After that happens, nothing will have changed.

The difference is I understand that when I lose, the opponent can style and I accept it. That I have every right to do it too. If you donā€™t like it, feel free to not hit rematch, I got to play and Iā€™m happy with that.

Still waiting to be told what is the enjoyment the CPU gets from doing full Ultras.

1 Like

Who said there was supposed to be enjoyment?

I donā€™t think there really is supposed to be per-say, but the idea behind any AI is to make them play as authentically as a regular human being will, and real humans sometimes Ultra.

Itā€™s per se

Fine with doing Ultras, but end them early like normal decent human beings.

1 Like

I still donā€™t understand where the supposed disrespect comes from doing an ultra, I mean if you donā€™t enjoy the game, thatā€™s only your decision to feel disrespected. When Iā€™m actually playing, no one ever comments about the ultra I do, they just sit there demanding rematches or calling me a B**** or a P**** when I body them sometimes. Then the rematch goes the same way and they leave mid way through. Have people say I donā€™t know how to play when I pick Aganos and I turtle. Or saying I use cheap moves playing Glacius. Iā€™ve heard everything in the book time and time again about how I play during the match and nothing about doing ultraā€™s at the end. That part Iā€™ve only seen here on the forums. Back in the days of the old Arcade, hearing the announcer Ultra Combo was how I found the game, itā€™s nostalgic to me and Iā€™ll always do it if I want to. It has nothing to do with respect or disrespect. That feeling is created within oneself. Saying I shouldnā€™t ultra is like saying I shouldnā€™t use Lightning when youā€™re driving over the jump on Wario Stadium, or that I shouldnā€™t use my blue shell.

1 Like

Yeah, & knight is supposed to be pronounced ka-nick-it even though it hasnā€™t been for a few hundred years.

How about we not drag grammar-naziism into the argument, k?

BTW, I would wager ā€œnormalā€ human beings in relation to KI would be casuals, not the top 1% Killer-ranked players, & I think itā€™d be safe to assume they really donā€™t sit there & contemplate philosophy of whether utilizing the tools theyā€™re presented with (i.e.the ability to ultra without ending it early) makes them a jerk or not. My guess is they just play the game, and do things that look cool.

Itā€™s Latin, you mong, thereā€™s no anglicized version.

Sorry to bump, but I love seeing the AI do ultras, plus when theyā€™re either double, triple or even the ultimates; itā€™s a good way to learn to do them imo.

CPUā€™s gonna do whatever it wants, thereā€™s no reason to get upset of an AI itā€™s not like theyā€™re thinking about your feelings anyway.

Do it back and tea-bag the S.O.Bs

2 Likes

Teabag does nothing to them

well then at this point just donā€™t worry about it so much, itā€™s an A.I itā€™s not gonna care who you are or what you do. Just get back at it the next time is all I can say.

1 Like

I agree with this and the original request as an idea. I mean getting juggled is bad enough, but full ultras via AI - no one gains from it Iā€™d say.

Imo, you can learn how to extend the ultras from them, plus it looks pretty cool; disable it in other modes, but not cpu vs cpu or player vs cpu.

i donā€™t really understand the complaints about the AI doing full ultras. ultra combos are part of the gameā€¦ it sounds the same to me as complaining that the CPU can also do super moves. itā€™s like maybe 10 seconds of your time. yall trying to play KI during your 15 minute break at work or something???

3 Likes

This request is childish to me. How can you even play better if you canā€™t even handle losing to an A.I. controlled character?

1 Like

My request was ā€œcan the AI not waste my time with full ultras please?ā€. Nothing about handling a loss at all. Donā€™t make stuff up.

If they do, I hope they keep it in CPU vs CPU or improve it, since itā€™s fun to watch.