Buying shadow jago with ki gold

I’ve brought this up for the longest. It always falls on deaf ears. There is no point to KI gold if you buy Ultra editions. I’ve asked since day 1 and made threads asking for characters to be purchased using KI gold but it is never taken into consideration. Even now they only look into using KI gold for upcoming cosmetics dlc.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, someone who finally gets it. They said there would be other uses, and the shadow lords post was LIKELY those other uses, and they were uses that do people who play the game in the traditional manner NO GOOD.

1 Like

Maximilian talked about this yesterday in his steram and Shago sells apart of the bundle because the funds have another purpose, for KI Tournaments. Just like Mortal Kombat did with the Blue Steel Sub Zero and ESL.

Yeah, but the blue steel subzero isn’t bundle with a bunch of stuff most people don’t want, its just the skin.

1 Like

That’s the point, they know is more easy to get support

The point is that alot of people are gonna ignore shago on price alone. I think I talked my brother into getting supreme cause I got him to play with me finally, and when I told he shago was 10 bucks, he was like. “Well, I guess I don’t need him then.” Most people aren’t gonna play 10 bucks for a single character.

2 Likes

I’m so fucked up for this game than I will do, but the KI Team should make a statement regardless Shago to not look so greedy and clear the doubts.

I got shago for free from someone on gamefaqs back when he was just a skin, and I don’t believe its Iron Galaxy that set the pricing, thats microsoft, they are the ones getting greedy, clearly.

3 Likes

No, you should make a modicum of effort and look up the history of Shadow Jago’s releases to understand that he’s a bonus character that many people couldn’t have for years. You can buy him now for a measly $10 (and get some KI gold alongside that) and you still complain.

History became irrelevant when he became a real character last year, when he was a skin you could make that argument, but now that he is his own character, its a crappy argument to make. Also, you aren’t buying him, you are buying the KI gold and Jago, both of which are likely worthless to most players.

As far as I am concerned (I am sure people will agree with me) The second he became a real character with his own moves, should have been the second people were able to just buy him outright. I am sure some people are gonna bring up omen, and I am gonna make the same argument, Omen has his own moves, he should be purchasable separately.

After spending money on another Ultra edition and being stuck with tons of KI gold, spending an additional 10 bucks just to get 1 more character and more unwanted KI gold just isn’t feasible imo. Each to their own and im sure lots of people will vote with their wallet by purchasing Shadow Jago on top of everything else, but count me out.

If Ultra edition was 10 bucks less due to the reduced content, then maybe I would think differently.

You didn’t understand what I said. I’m gonna buy it,

I’m pretty sure this is never true.

That’s perfectly fine. Then by all means, don’t spend the money and don’t get Shadow Jago.

I don’t want to go on a rant here, but no one is forced to buy anything. This isn’t food we are talking about, it’s video game characters. It’s okay not to have Shago. What people are complaining about is that they want Shago but they don’t want to pay. This is an age old problem that is hardly unique to KI, but people insist on dressing it up with all kinds of fancy and extraneous nonsense to try to look like they aren’t just begging for free stuff.

2 Likes

No, what you want or expect is irrelevant. The devs were very clear since 2013 that he is a bonus, an extra, and they are well within their rights to uphold that decision. Because he now has his own move set, he has been made available to purchase for a limited time (twice now), which is likely more than we would have ever gotten if he was still just a skin. If you want him, buy him. If you don’t want him or don’t have the funds - don’t buy him. Nobody’s holding a gun to your head. @BigBadAndy summed it up nicely just above this post.

Lower the price to five bucks then i wll grab it.

3 Likes

Don’t make assumptions and then dress them up as facts. Ur happy to pay i’m not which is perfectly fine u can rant about how great the character is, tell everyone they are missing out and spout on about age old consumer stuff like it makes u in the right and everyone who disagrees in the wrong. That is not the case here so dont make it out to be. We are talking about using KI gold to buy characters so unless u can chip in to the debate properly instead of this “i bought it so can u” type mantra i suggest u find another topic to post in.

If it doesn’t happen so be it, but that doesn’t mean we can’t discuss it.

P.s if everyone was so concerned about getting things for free we wouldn’t of bought any of the additions of the game in the 1st place seen as it is free2play.

Don’t start personally attacking me and telling me to post elsewhere - see the forum rules.

I’ve never ranted about how great the character is or told anyone they are missing out. I’m not sure where you are getting that, but you may be projecting.

I’m sorry I have an opinion on which you disagree, but the point remains - you can’t buy any characters with KI gold and never have been able to. You want Shago for free. Okay, you have made your position clear. I want to stop paying my mortgage. We both have equal right to get what we want. You have no additional logic to support your position.

1 Like

You’re entitled to ur opinion and I am entitled to mine but don’t quote me in a message and not expect a response don’t take it personal.

The community has let him rock because he was available for an extensive period between the moveset launching and the KI World Cup, and since then the competitive scene has been in a sort of holding pattern waiting for season 3. Now that season 3 is out and we’ve seen the route Microsoft has chosen to address the situation, there do seem to have been some indications that key TOs are discussing banning him. It’s a wait-and-see thing, but I don’t get the sense that the “keep him legal” side has a lot of prominent support.

This thread has gotten a bit toxic and people could stand to find some chill, but at least this time @jpraelster93 has an important principle on his side: compared to the impediment to competitive play that exclusive gameplay-relevant content imposes, a “history” of bickering over some stupid edgy skin really doesn’t rate. Those in the community who demanded the moveset and ponied up for it should’ve realized long ago that they were implicitly demanding an end to exclusivity – hell I was here at the time, telling them exactly this.

That’s not to say that I’d protest if Shago never sells for less than $10 in the store. I might be derailing the thread a little by taking the focus away from that price and placing it on the exclusivity matter. I’d think it a little disappointing if they didn’t drop the price to $5, but the difference is, what, two coffees? I can live with that, especially with the Supreme Edition price being so low. (They could leave out the lifetime XP booster and KI gold and it’d still be incredible.)

I haven’t seen anything about that…but…Shago is available RIGHT NOW. So what is the excuse? EVERYBODY has access to him at the moment, so if they don’t get him now, it is on them…right?